• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Deirdre

• Doug C

• KenS

• FrankB

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Deirdre, thank you so much for your photos and narratives, both here and on Pentrace.

I also like the looks of the "T Flex." It reminds me of Mora Stylo's Oldwin torpedo shaped FP's, though in a smaller version. The torpedo shape and the threads at the very front of the section give me this impression. It looks like it will be a very comfortable pen to hold. And I like the size of the nib relative to the barrel.

I also want to comment that I am disappointed in the pricing of this pen model. Somehow, I had the impression that the MSRP was to be about $150 USD, with discounts from there. (Wasn't that the MSRP given when Stipula's new pen models were introduced?) I have sent out inquiries to several vendors and found the average price is just under $200 USD with discounts. I wonder what happened?!

Yes, Deirdre, thank you so much for your photos and narratives, both here and on Pentrace.

I also like the looks of the "T Flex." It reminds me of Mora Stylo's Oldwin torpedo shaped FP's, though in a smaller version. The torpedo shape and the threads at the very front of the section give me this impression. It looks like it will be a very comfortable pen to hold. And I like the size of the nib relative to the barrel.

I also want to comment that I am disappointed in the pricing of this pen model. Somehow, I had the impression that the MSRP was to be about $150 USD, with discounts from there. (Wasn't that the MSRP given when Stipula's new pen models were introduced?) I have sent out inquiries to several vendors and found the average price is just under $200 USD with discounts. I wonder what happened?!

There you go Frank. I knew I had seen this shape before (the Mora Stylo's Oldwin)

the Danitrio Fellowship

Yes, the Oldwin -- I was looking for another classic model and couldn't remember that one. Thank you for thinking of it.

I don't know what the story on the pricing is; I hope I'll be able to corner the Stipula rep next month at the NYC pen show.

deirdre.net

"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

Deirdre, Thank you for all the great information. One question, how does the TFlex M nib compare in size, performance with the Alinari? I have an Alinari with a M Ti nib and it measures about a cm across.

I do not like conehead pens. I do not like conehead pens. ARGH! I do not like conehead pens. I am not tempted. I AM NOT TEMPTED!

Argh.

Stupid cool Flex Titanium nib that looks pretty awesome....

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

I haven't looked at the various later-model Stipula Ti nibs next to the T-flex yet -- ideally I'd like to try them with the same ink. I know I have a 0.9 and a B, not sure if I have an M offhand.

Soon, but not today, it's been a busy week.

deirdre.net

"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

For my next trick:

Since some people have asked about pressure, degree of flex, etc., here's what I thought I'd do:

1) Gather up some pens.

2) Using approximately the same pressure, demonstrate how the Stipula and Omas nibs compare to other moderns and maybe one vintage wet noodle (which I already have).

Given that, does anyone near me (mid-peninsula, bay area) happen to have a Namiki Falcon and/or a Pilot with a #10 or #15 Falcon nib? (Both would be better)

I'd like to ink up a few pens with the same ink and show their similarities & differences.

deirdre.net

For my next trick:

Since some people have asked about pressure, degree of flex, etc., here's what I thought I'd do:

1) Gather up some pens.

2) Using approximately the same pressure, demonstrate how the Stipula and Omas nibs compare to other moderns and maybe one vintage wet noodle (which I already have).

Given that, does anyone near me (mid-peninsula, bay area) happen to have a Namiki Falcon and/or a Pilot with a #10 or #15 Falcon nib? (Both would be better)

I'd like to ink up a few pens with the same ink and show their similarities & differences.

I have a Namiki Falcon (SF nib) and a Pilot Custom 743 (#15 FA nib). How/where do you want to arrange the flex-fest?

S.T. Dupont Ellipsis 18kt M nib

Opus 88 Flow steel M nib

Waterman Man 100 Patrician Coral Red 18kt factory stub nib

Franklin-Christoph Model 19 with Masuyama 0.7mm steel cursive italic nib

I do not like conehead pens. I do not like conehead pens. ARGH! I do not like conehead pens. I am not tempted. I AM NOT TEMPTED!

Argh.

Stupid cool Flex Titanium nib that looks pretty awesome....

You took the words right out of my mouth! I also prefer flat-top designs, but if this is the only way to get a flex Ti nib, so be it! But not at the newly-raised price -- I'm going to wait until ... something happens: somebody sells one in the Marketplace, the retail price drops, or I run out of patience and buy it from Fahrneys!

Opus 88 Flow steel M nib

In other words, Pen Gallery and Melpens, which originally had the Model T in the ~$130 price range, have pulled their prices up to the US market price.

I note that Melpens still has the new T Flex-nibbed DaVinci pens at significantly less than Pen Gallery (who did have it lower) and the US market prices, so if anyone's looking for one, seems a good place to go.

deirdre.net

In other words, Pen Gallery and Melpens, which originally had the Model T in the ~$130 price range, have pulled their prices up to the US market price.

I didn't know what the price was before the increase. Thanks, Deirdre.

Interest wanes....

But how about that DaVinci Carbon, hah?

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

Deirdre!

How does the size and shape of the Model T compare with the Etruria? Any chance you could snap a quick photo of the two side-by-side? Thanks!

Scott.

This is an interesting coincidence. I ordered a Stipula Model T from Melpens at $130.00. Now there seems to be a problem with my CC (my bank says there has been nothing come through). It'll be interesting to see if I get the pen for $130.00 or if they try to get me to pay the new price of $180.00... I'm betting on the original price, but one never knows.

Ken.

Waiting for opening time in Kuala Lumpur (another 3 or 4 hours)

Deirdre!

How does the size and shape of the Model T compare with the Etruria? Any chance you could snap a quick photo of the two side-by-side? Thanks!\

Good question, I'll get to it when I have both together. I don't happen to have either with me today.

deirdre.net

Hmm... $196 at Fahrney's, $180 at MelPens (photo from melpens.com, links back to their website). Hmm...

ParkerBeta, how're your Deltas, hah?!

Doing well, though they've been somewhat neglected in favor of Omas-es recently!

Opus 88 Flow steel M nib

I have a Namiki Falcon (SF nib) and a Pilot Custom 743 (#15 FA nib). How/where do you want to arrange the flex-fest?

I'll send you a PM -- we could just meet up at a mutually-convenient location.

deirdre.net

Pardon my shaky hand tonight -- I am in a lot of pain and it's hard to hold still.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2523/3949824726_37639cfac0_b.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2513/3949824332_a624b42e7b_b.jpg

deirdre.net