The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Update on Status

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
184 replies to this topic

#181 ArchiMark

ArchiMark

Pen Nut & Pretty Good Guy

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,759 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 November 2009 - 19:41

Monkey, what monkey?...that was me after the makeover...guess it didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped..... ;)

Oh, sorry... "monkey" is just a new slang term! It translates as "a very estimable literary Brahmin, and fashion model". Probably started as an acronym of some sort...

(Funny thing is, when you started using it, it took me a while to realize that it wasn't a morphed image.)

-- Brian

No worries....so, do you think I should get another makeover to go back to my ol' self??

Have you tried holding down the shift key while you click the refresh button? Always works for me. By the way, I also see the Dutch Master ;)

Bingo! That did it, dizzypen!!!!!!!!

Thanks!!!!!!

Now, why didn't I think of that........

and what Dutch Master, that's the result of my new makeover.... ;)

Edited by ArchiMark, 13 November 2009 - 19:42.

FP Addict & Pretty Nice Guy

* Please check out my current pen listings *

Sponsored Content

#182 ZeissIkon

ZeissIkon

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 00:29

I tried to change my signature last night to add new pens I bought at the Columbus show, and the screen indicated I could have as many lines as I wanted, but when I deleted one and then added one of the new pens, and clicked "save changes," it said my signature was now too long and wouldn't let me change it.

Also, when I typed in the new pen in the same way I'd done the older ones, the http (?) language didn't look the same, so I don't know if it would've added anyway.

So, is this no longer the current list (copied from your signature as I see it), or did it update and say it didn't, as it's been doing for Archimark?

Nakaya Piccolo Heki Tamenuri 14K F
Nakaya Ascending Dragon Heki 14K F
Sailor Brown Mosaic 21K Saibi Togi XXF
Sailor Maki-e Chrysanthemum 21K XF
Sailor Maki-e Koi 21K XF
Sailor Small Blue 1911 14K XF
Pilot M90 FP
Pilot Namiki Sterling Silver Crane FP

Does not always write loving messages.
Does not always foot up columns correctly.
Does not always sign big checks.

#183 Rena

Rena

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 November 2009 - 14:26

Have you tried holding down the shift key while you click the refresh button? Always works for me. By the way, I also see the Dutch Master ;)

Bingo! That did it, dizzypen!!!!!!!!

Thanks!!!!!!

Now, why didn't I think of that........

and what Dutch Master, that's the result of my new makeover.... ;)

Now I'm curious — can someone tell me what exactly happens when you do this? I've never heard of it before, but am very glad Archimark's problem is solved.

#184 ZeissIkon

ZeissIkon

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 20:16

Now I'm curious — can someone tell me what exactly happens when you do this? I've never heard of it before, but am very glad Archimark's problem is solved.

Shift-Refresh forces (most) browsers to reload the complete page from the server, instead of rendering from cached files -- which should have happened when the browser cache was cleared, but sometimes doesn't (and is much easier to do than clearing the cache).

Edited by ZeissIkon, 14 November 2009 - 20:16.

Does not always write loving messages.
Does not always foot up columns correctly.
Does not always sign big checks.

#185 Rena

Rena

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:34

Shift-Refresh forces (most) browsers to reload the complete page from the server, instead of rendering from cached files -- which should have happened when the browser cache was cleared, but sometimes doesn't (and is much easier to do than clearing the cache).

Thanks, Zeissikon. Cool little bit of information to store in my memory tank.

Sponsored Content

|