Wasn't that nice...

Keith with a capital K

I handed the gentleman with the hat the change I had in my pocket as I passed him and proceeded down the flight of stairs to a little shop that was, as I was soon to find out, inappropriately called "Junque"

The smell of candles and incense hung in the air and my ears delighted to the sound of Fats Waller as I passed through the doors into what is certainly worthy of being called one of the best antique shops in our fair city.

I had been on my way to work and seeing that I had a few minutes to spare that I had better go and check out the shop with the friendly and festive blue sign.

The variety of goods was amazing and despite there only being a semblance of organization and categorization everything was well laid out and neatly priced.

I lingered longer than I should have but the soft sound of the jazz and the pleasing aroma of the candles was too enticing and then I found a little cabinet across from the register.

I didn't find anything that many would find to be too special or rare but I added a new pen to the pocket in the form of an early 50's black Sheaffer Craftsman with a Touchdown filler.

There was no reason to haggle since the price was so reasonable and I was more than delighted to find that the pen was functioning perfectly when I got back to the office, tested it, and then filled it with some Waterman blue black ink. It was actually squeaky clean and the incredible condition of the pen leads me to believe that it had not seen much use at all.

It was my pen for the day and like the rest of my Craftsmans, it is a delightful pen in the hand and a decent writer.

There's something about basic black pens with gold trim that really appeals to me.

Edited by Keith with a capital K

Please visit http://members.shaw.ca/feynn/

Please direct repair inquiries to capitalpen@shaw.ca

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Leslie J.

• Maja

• Keith with a capital K

• Cam

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations! I bet the feeling is much more satisfying than a quick win on eBay! Also, I WISH there were stores like that in Glasgow. I don't know of a single Antique store in the whole city ...

Wow, I'd love to browse around a store like that, lucky find. We don't have any antique stores in this city. Glad you found a little treasure too.

Never lie to your dog.