The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Hero 6017

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Monophoto

Monophoto

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 18:42

Attachment is a handwritten review of the Hero 6017 pen.

Attached File  scan.pdf   250.68KB   316 downloads

Edited by Monophoto, 05 September 2009 - 18:43.

Sponsored Content

#2 Inka

Inka

Beyond Reason!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 September 2009 - 19:35

Only $.99 cents for a working HERO and slide converter, including free shipping from China to NY/USA?
Man, what a bargain!
You made out on that deal, probably cost several times that just to ship to you!.
No pics of the pen but the writing sample looks OK, I think, can't really tell as the Bay State Blue looks all pixelated on the paper in this scan.
Not sure if that's what the writing looks like [kinda doubt it, really], if it somehow lost sharpness in the translation or just the scan not catching the edges properly when converted to .pdf format or what.
Anyway, congrats on what seems to be a great find, filling a blue enameled metal pen with BSB seems like the right choice as well.
“I view my fountain pens & inks as an artist might view their brushes and paints.
They flow across paper as a brush to canvas, transforming my thoughts into words and my words into art.
There is nothing else like it; the art of writing and the painting of words!”

~Inka~ [Scott]; 5 October, 2009

#3 majorworks

majorworks

Paperback Writer

• All Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 September 2009 - 20:20

QUOTE (Inka @ Sep 5 2009, 03:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Only $.99 cents for a working HERO and slide converter, including free shipping from China to NY/USA?
Man, what a bargain!
You made out on that deal, probably cost several times that just to ship to you!.
No pics of the pen but the writing sample looks OK, I think, can't really tell as the Bay State Blue looks all pixelated on the paper in this scan.
Not sure if that's what the writing looks like [kinda doubt it, really], if it somehow lost sharpness in the translation or just the scan not catching the edges properly when converted to .pdf format or what.
Anyway, congrats on what seems to be a great find, filling a blue enameled metal pen with BSB seems like the right choice as well.

The writing sample looks better when you resize to "actual size."
Happiness is an Indian ED!

#4 MYU

MYU

... The key to it all is Capillary Action! ...

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,643 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 September 2009 - 16:15

In the future, please provide the content in the post body, rather than solely embedded in a PDF document. Otherwise, none of the content can be found via FPN search. Thanks...

[MYU's Pen Review Corner]   |   "The Common Ground" -- Jeffrey Small

Sponsored Content

|