Judybug

Hi! My name is Judy and I've had a love affair with fountain pens for more years than I care to say. I've just discovered Moleskine notebooks - inexpensive and non-intimidating, but quality paper that doesn't feather and bleed when I touch my fountain pen to it. [i had just about abandoned fountain pens altogether due to poor quality paper that seems to be EVERYWHERE.] I've cleaned all my neglected pens, and I'm enjoying seeing my thoughts appear in these wonderful little notebooks. I'm glad to see that there are so many fountain pen aficionados out there!

So many pens, so little time!

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

My Blog: Bywater Wisdom

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Judybug

• Titivillus

• KCat

• HyperCamper

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome Judy,

there are many fine papers out there. One has to be selective that all.

There is much written in the paper forum.

have fun

Welcome! Do you prefer vintage or contemporary pens? Any maker in particular?

A certified Inkophile

inkophile on tumblr,theinkophile on instagram,inkophile on twitter

Hi Judy (I like the screen name - cute) :)

Welcome to the group. We'll be happy to point you to a half-dozen great papers for FPs. By the time you've been here a while you'll have stacks of notepads, journals, and stationery.

Look forward to hearing more about your pens and your life with FPs.

Best,

KCat

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

Hello and welcome aboard the FPNuthouse! Cheap paper (quality, not price) is a bummer. Glad you found something you like. Hope to see you around.

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

Welcome!!

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey."

- John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Pelikan M800 Green (18C-750 OM), Pelikan 4001 Königsblau

Pelikan M200 "Citroenpers" (14C-585 M), Diamine Monaco Red

Pelikan M200 "Citroenpers" (14C-585 F), Diamine Prussian Blue

Hi, Judy. Paper can be a problem and I've only noticed it since I took up up writing with a fountain pen again. It's weird, but my wife's office has some really FP friendly copy paper. I wish I knew who makes it because no matter what ink or nib I use this stuff is great. Oh, my wife told me its made by Hewlett Packard. Well, welcome to FPN.

"Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching." Satchel Paige, Baseball Hall of Fame Pitcher

Hi! My name is Judy and I've had a love affair with fountain pens for more years than I care to say. I've just discovered Moleskine notebooks - inexpensive and non-intimidating, but quality paper that doesn't feather and bleed when I touch my fountain pen to it. [i had just about abandoned fountain pens altogether due to poor quality paper that seems to be EVERYWHERE.] I've cleaned all my neglected pens, and I'm enjoying seeing my thoughts appear in these wonderful little notebooks. I'm glad to see that there are so many fountain pen aficionados out there!

Hello and welcome to FPN. Where yat?

I'm in a little spot that was messed up by Katrina.

Once again welcome.

Kurt H

I have two vintage Esterbrook desk pens that I love. One is exactly like the pen my mother used all her life. But my absolute favorite is a cobalt blue Waterman Phileas. It's soooo smooth! Also have a Monteverde that I like - but not as much as the Waterman.

I'm located south of Baton Rouge on the west side of the Mississippi River. Fortunately we didn't have any serious damage from Katrina. Let's hope there's never another Katrina!

What kind of bug am I? Ha! Now, that's a good question. I'm not sure. "Judybug" was my parents' pet name for me when I was a wee little thing. So now - when I register on a forum and I'm told that "Judy" is already taken, I revert to "Judybug."

Can somebody enlighten me about the little blue squares with labels like "mint," "antique," etc.? What do they mean?

Judybug

I'm located south of Baton Rouge on the west side of the Mississippi River. Fortunately we didn't have any serious damage from Katrina. Let's hope there's never another Katrina!

So down by Plaquemine or Donaldsonville. Lovely area we went seeing and I've had to drive through there to get offshore a long time ago.

Kurt H

I wish I knew who makes it because no matter what ink or nib I use this stuff is great. Oh, my wife told me its made by Hewlett Packard. Well, welcome to FPN.

HP makes some great copier papers for use with FPs. I use HP Premium (32lb) for stationery.

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

Hi Judy and welcome to the FPN. Sounds like you need some good quality paper. Sam at Pendemonium can help you out, as she carries Clairefontaine paper from France, which is a very friendly to fountain pens. God knows in this day age, those of us who love fine writing instruments, need paper that is of good quality.

Sincerely yours,

Ronnie Banks

"Like a prized watch, a good fountain pen is a trusted companion for life."

Yes, Kurt, you know my area - just west of Plaquemine. Did you have lots of storm damage?

Mike1 & KCat, thanks for the tip about HP copy paper. I have some 20 lb. copy paper that is very smooth to write on - doesn't feather, but bleeds through to the other side. I'll give the 32 lb. a try. Of course, I already have a paper collection that would rival a small office supply store.

Mannenhitsu, I've heard lots of good things about Clairfontaine paper. I just purchased some Verge de France paper - haven't put a pen to it yet! Maybe when my grown kids leave today and all the Father's Day doings are over . . .

By the way, Happy Father's Day to all you fathers out there!

Judy

Hey Judy,

This post will shed some light on the eanigmatic blue squares and titles:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/in...l=member+titles

Best regards!

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey."

- John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Pelikan M800 Green (18C-750 OM), Pelikan 4001 Königsblau

Pelikan M200 "Citroenpers" (14C-585 M), Diamine Monaco Red

Pelikan M200 "Citroenpers" (14C-585 F), Diamine Prussian Blue

Yes, Kurt, you know my area - just west of Plaquemine. Did you have lots of storm damage?

Well roof damage and external damage with some water because of the roof. But other parts of Slidell got hit really hard so martial law and MREs for a few weeks after. I work over by Gulfport and it got 3 feet as well a lot of coworkers lost everything down to the slab.

But I did pack my few pens and head North on Saturday just forgot ink!

K

Dear HyperCamper,

Thanks! I've read the post you recommended and it's all clear as mud. I think I understand that if I gab a lot, I'll eventually accumulate some little blue squares. So I plan to gab every day!

Judy

Kurt,

Yikes! Thanks for mentioning that you took your pens with you when you evacuated from the storm last year. I'll have to add pens, ink, and paper to my list of things to grab if evacuation becomes necessary.

Judy