TheDailyPlanner.com Problems

Skribb

I recently went on a quest to find a new lamy safari in the limited edition lime green and to my dismay found that no online retailers had them available. I found one on ebay but felt it was overpriced and after shipping and everything, I couldn't justify the price to myself. After searching long and hard I finally found a location, The Daily Planner. I had heard them mentioned a few times on the forum and assumed they were probably a reputable dealer. I placed an order for the lime green safari with a fine nib (extra fine wasn't available so I decided to purchase it and eventually replace the nib). The order was placed on a wednesday night so I assumed that the item would have been shipped the following morning and as such I expected to get some sort of confirmation of my order. Unfortunately, in the 3-4 days after I placed the order I didn't receive any sort of confirmation email from the site, although I did get a confirmation email from my paypal account saying the payment had been collected by the company. On the fourth day I sent an email to their orders department inquiring as to my order status and any shipping or tracking information they had. 3 (business) days after the email was sent I finally got an email from the daily planner telling me that the limited edition (i.e. no longer in production) pen was "backordered". While all of this was going on I purchased my wife her yellow lamy safari and it arrived in 2 days from jet pens with no hassle, quick confirmations, a very affordable price and free shipping. At the moment I am trying to get my money back so that I can spend it at a store that is more appreciative of my business.

Has anyone else had problems with this company?

Checklist of desired pens (in no particular order)

[__] Lamy 2000

[✔] Rotring Core (Received as a gift from Rabbidferret)

[__] Namiki Vanishing Point

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Skribb

• inkypete

• pen2paper

• seanpooh

Not at all but I never ordered a pen from them but have ordered journals, calendars, etc., without a problem.

The difference between the almost right word & the right word is really a large matter--it's the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning.

- Mark Twain in a Letter to George Bainton, 10/15/1888

just received a small order last week.. took a peek when someone here commented on a sale, and found Baggalini's on sale.. they also now have whitelines paper. My order processed, and arrived quickly..

The 2 small Apica notebooks were back-ordered, so still waiting for those... considering the good price on the Bagallini, considering another order If the sale price still holds.

As long as they complete my Apica order, would order from them again..

Wondering if the website was an update error on the out of production Lime?

just received a small order last week.. took a peek when someone here commented on a sale, and found Baggalini's on sale.. they also now have whitelines paper. My order processed, and arrived quickly..

The 2 small Apica notebooks were back-ordered, so still waiting for those... considering the good price on the Bagallini, considering another order If the sale price still holds.

As long as they complete my Apica order, would order from them again..

Wondering if the website was an update error on the out of production Lime?

As far as I can tell they just don't keep an updated availability/out of stock counter on the site. If you look up the lamy safari on the site you will still see both the medium and the fine point lime green safari with no inidications anywhere the product is not in stock and mind you this is 5-6 days after an order was placed and they discovered they had none in their inventory. I really appreciate, for example, how jetpens not only tells you when they are out of a certain item but they also tell you how many they have left in stock. I'm sure in some sense telling the customer how many they have left is an intentional tactic to incit a larger sense of urgency in the customer to buy the product, but in the end I would still prefer it be there even if that is the intent. Overall I am just really disappointed in the customer service. There is no reason it should take this long to recieve any type of notification from the company or that I should have to request information on my order, especially in light of the fact that they have already taken my money.

[__] Lamy 2000

Hey Skribb,

I just sold my Lamy Lime EF on FPN for $25 including shipping. Did'nt know they were so rare. Just thought that it was a bit ironic...

Hey Skribb,

I just sold my Lamy Lime EF on FPN for $25 including shipping. Did'nt know they were so rare. Just thought that it was a bit ironic...

I wouldn't have thought so either but after searching for a couple weeks, my only prospect was one on ebay selling for $40 plus $10 for shipping. I like the lime green but that is pretty steep for a safari.

[__] Lamy 2000

**Update**

As mentioned previously, I got an email from the daily planner roughly 6 days after placing my order and it was an update email that I had to request, only to find that the pen I ordered wasn't in stock. The email was very generic and very unhelpful, something along the lines of, "the item you requested is back-ordered. Pink and Orange are available". I replied to the email letting them know that the pen that they thought was "back-ordered" was in fact a limited edition pen and that it was highly unlikely that an order for this item was on the way. I then mentioned that unless there was some chance that the lime green pen was available, that I would simply prefer a refund on the attempted purchase. So far, about 4 days later, I have received absolutely no response from the company in any form.

Is it standard operating procedure for a company to collect payment on an item that they don't have in stock and to then refuse any sort of contact to the customer in over a week?

[__] Lamy 2000

Why didn't you just try and call them?

The Daily Planner

43 West 33rd Street

3rd Floor

New York, New York 10001

1 (800) 635 4321

212-664-0780

212-664-8034 Fax

www.TheDailyPlanner.com

**Update**

As mentioned previously, I got an email from the daily planner roughly 6 days after placing my order and it was an update email that I had to request, only to find that the pen I ordered wasn't in stock. The email was very generic and very unhelpful, something along the lines of, "the item you requested is back-ordered. Pink and Orange are available". I replied to the email letting them know that the pen that they thought was "back-ordered" was in fact a limited edition pen and that it was highly unlikely that an order for this item was on the way. I then mentioned that unless there was some chance that the lime green pen was available, that I would simply prefer a refund on the attempted purchase. So far, about 4 days later, I have received absolutely no response from the company in any form.

Is it standard operating procedure for a company to collect payment on an item that they don't have in stock and to then refuse any sort of contact to the customer in over a week?

<span style='font-family: Georgia'><span style='font-size: 14px;'><strong class='bbc'> Stephanie "Biffybeans" Smith</strong></span><p><a href='http://www.biffybeans.com/' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Blog: Spiritual Evolution of the Bean</a><p><a href='http://www.etsy.com/shop/biffybeans?ref=si_shop' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Purchase Stephanie "Biffybeans" Smith's Original Art on Etsy</a>

The Daily Planner

43 West 33rd Street

3rd Floor

New York, New York 10001

1 (800) 635 4321

212-664-0780

212-664-8034 Fax

www.TheDailyPlanner.com

I've tried on a few occasions and can't get through. The trouble is that I work during their operating hours so email is my best option right now.

[__] Lamy 2000

I had a very similar experience at the end of July - I ordered a couple Moleskine journals and was informed they were backordered. They expected delivery at the end of the week (in four days). A week and a half later the order was still backordered so I ordered the journals from another source (MoleskineUS.com) and had them in two days. I also sent an email at that time requesting that D.P. cancel my order and refund the PayPal funds. That email was ignored and they eventually got the stock and sent them off to me, in another week and a half.

Not a very satisfying experience. The web page and order process gave me no indication that D.P. was out of stock.

I do not plan to order from them in the future ...

~ Rainwalker

I had a relatively poor experience with them too. I ordered an item, but only found out several days later (via email) that it was out of stock (despite the fact that they had charged me already.)

I sent them an email to cancel my order, but about 2 weeks later, they shipped the item, rather than issuing a refund.

I'll avoid them in the future.

Regards, greg

Don't feel bad. I'm old; I'm meh about most things.

Seems to be a consistent experience here with this company. They don't ship overseas so I'm safe. There are so many excellent online retailers with superb customer service that you wonder how a company with such poor service survives. The only bad experience I have had was with Cyberpens. I put my small loss down to experience and just wouldn't go there again.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

quote Biffybeans

The Daily Planner

43 West 33rd Street

3rd Floor

New York, New York 10001

1 (800) 635 4321

212-664-0780

212-664-8034 Fax

www.TheDailyPlanner.com

'Skribb' post**Update**

p2p..Thanks BB...your post of their phone number is helpful to Me.. need to call/check on the status of back-ordered Apica's.

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/MelPens-Store_...634Q2ec0Q2em322

Melpens is one of my favourite online sellers and they have lime and orange in stock - this is a good deal - both for $58US inc shipping. I have used them several times now. If you just want sinle pens email them for a price. They may even do two orange for the same price - just ask them.

Edited by inkypete

Melpens is one of my favourite online sellers and they have lime and orange in stock - this is a good deal - both for $58US inc shipping. I have used them several times now. If you just want sinle pens email them for a price. They may even do two orange for the same price - just ask them.

I nearly bought a lamy 2000 from melpens because of how a good of a deal they offer. I checked the site you gave and as of right now I am not seeing the lime colored model, I may have found it too late. As another update, called a few more times with the daily planner and got through once. I explained my situation and they put me on hold to check on the order and the call was dropped. I'm not necessarily suggesting that they hung up on me but I'm positive the failure wasn't on my end so either my cell phone provider somehow dropped signal or their customer service is worse than I thought. I'll try again tomorrow I suppose.

[__] Lamy 2000

I nearly bought a lamy 2000 from melpens because of how a good of a deal they offer. I checked the site you gave and as of right now I am not seeing the lime colored model, I may have found it too late. As another update, called a few more times with the daily planner and got through once. I explained my situation and they put me on hold to check on the order and the call was dropped. I'm not necessarily suggesting that they hung up on me but I'm positive the failure wasn't on my end so either my cell phone provider somehow dropped signal or their customer service is worse than I thought. I'll try again tomorrow I suppose.

My mistake - its orange and pink. Apologies. Send them an email and ask - they respond very quickly and tend to have a much bigger range than they list. I rate them A1 for service.

I too agree with The Daily Planner having problems. I ordered a Clairefontaine notebook since Aug 16th for school and still haven't received it as yet. They haven't made any effort to email me stating that the notebook is backordered what so ever. I made two more orders after that one, and I received them with no problem. Their shipping time overall is ridiculous though. Hopefully one of their employees sees this topic... and makes some changes.

Montblanc Meisterstuck 149 w/14c Binder's XXXF- Noodler's Old Manhattan Black

All it should take now is for some enterprising customer to give them a 'heads up' on how quickly poor customer service can trash a reputation in a key market segment. Then again, if they can't do the basic stuff properly, I'm not sure that they'd appreciate having the message reinforced to them...

Hey, I've worked out how to set up an avatar! Next week I'll move onto tying my own shoelaces...