Please post your cursive alphabet here

penspouse

I have decided that in order to improve my penmanship, I need to work on spacing of my letters and consistency in size. I know how to practice that to make it better, but I don't like the way I fom some of my letters, in particular, several of my capital/uppercase letters. I need some ideas. I am looking for everyday writing. I don't need lots of flourishes or embellishments. I just want decent looking letters to get the job done. If you would be willing to post a sample of your written alphabet so I could see how you form your letters, I would be most appreciative.

Soli Deo Gloria

Shameless plug - Some of my amateur photography.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• penspouse

• Inka

• fenriz

• mrcharlie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay. I'm not that crazy about my writing either. It's uneven and uncertain.

karen

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2473/3870886371_d4e803c8d3.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/51/166782921_39063dcf65_t.jpg

This is beautiful, clear handwriting which, I'm sure, will be admired by many on this forum, including me.

It's refreshing to see monoline handwriting for a change, and BTW isn't the Lamy Safari a wonderful writer?

Ken

Edited by caliken

This is beautiful, clear handwriting which, I'm sure, will be admired by many on this forum, including me.

It's refreshing to see monoline handwriting for a change, and BTW isn't the Lamy Safari a wonderful writer?

Ken

Thanks, Ken! I really recommend the Lamy Safari (or any Lamy) to someone who wants a good fountain pen that won't put you into bankruptcy.

Karen

Karen,

Thanks for being brave and posting. You penmanship is beautiful. My goal is to have mine as evenly spaced and consistent as yours. You have given me some ideas for my capitals. I hope others will post as well.

Soli Deo Gloria

Shameless plug - Some of my amateur photography.

Not quite as pretty as Karen/Vidalia's but I do my capital letters a little bit differently so I thought I'd post mine. I'd like to refine a few of them, like the A and the N, which never feel right because they're so pointy. Others, like the O and the S, I just choose not to write in any type of cursive because I like the way they look just fine in regular handwriting :).

post-28633-1251782129_thumb.jpg

Not quite as pretty as Karen/Vidalia's but I do my capital letters a little bit differently so I thought I'd post mine. I'd like to refine a few of them, like the A and the N, which never feel right because they're so pointy. Others, like the O and the S, I just choose not to write in any type of cursive because I like the way they look just fine in regular handwriting :).

post-28633-1251782129_thumb.jpg

Your writing is great. I'm going to copy your capitals T, F, K and Z!

Karen

Don't know if this will help you much, just a quick & dirty example of my daily handwriting without using guidlines.

I know it needs work, looks much better when I actually take my time, just how I happen to write with typical mistakes and all...

http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu56/InkaFX/My-Daily-Hand.jpg

“I view my fountain pens & inks as an artist might view their brushes and paints.

They flow across paper as a brush to canvas, transforming my thoughts into words and my words into art.

There is nothing else like it; the art of writing and the painting of words!”

~Inka~ [scott]; 5 October, 2009

post-28633-1251842729_thumb.jpg

Your hand writing does looks very much like mine, I'm rather amazed, like looking at a mirror image [almost].

I really like your signature, had been working on mine for decades and never really pleased with anything I'd come up with.

That I do really need to practice, perfect, then go to my bank and log it into record.

Thanks.

“I view my fountain pens & inks as an artist might view their brushes and paints.

They flow across paper as a brush to canvas, transforming my thoughts into words and my words into art.

Thanks, Inka. Keep the good ideas coming.

My pleasure to help, always!

There are some great Websites out there, penspouse, I had them all Bookmarked but since reformatting my hard drive not long ago I had to first transfer them all to a Flash-drive or a CD-ROM.

If I find them, or find the Links again, I'll try to remember to post them here so you can check them out.

There are guides you can print out, lined paper to print out on blank paper, a place to create your own lined and guideline templates to save & print, lessons in penmanship, how to sit properly and much more.

It’s amazing the resources available on the Internet these days, on just these exact things!

post-28633-1251858184_thumb.jpg

I was wondering how I would sign my name if my name were Scott and I have no idea :( Let's see your signature!

Scott is basically the same but a bit different as at the bottom of my hand-writing sample I'd posted earlier here.

It really should differ from my daily-hand, so as not to be so easy to forge just by looking at my writing style and getting lucky, for security purposes of course.

My last name is written a bit differently, not by much either.

My attempt at cursive monoline. This is not my daily script, I usually put down a illegible mix of cursive and print, but it is how I would write if I wanted to write something entirely in cursive. Not done at my "note-taking speed". I would say this is how my writing looks when I slow down to a moderate speed and will it to look legible.

post-17020-1251964520_thumb.jpg

My attempt at cursive monoline. This is not my daily script, I usually put down a illegible mix of cursive and print, but it is how I would write if I wanted to write something entirely in cursive. Not done at my "note-taking speed". I would say this is how my writing looks when I slow down to a moderate speed and will it to look legible.

That's nice writing!

Karen

I have decided that in order to improve my penmanship, I need to work on spacing of my letters and consistency in size. I know how to practice that to make it better, but I don't like the way I fom some of my letters, in particular, several of my capital/uppercase letters. I need some ideas. I am looking for everyday writing. I don't need lots of flourishes or embellishments. I just want decent looking letters to get the job done. If you would be willing to post a sample of your written alphabet so I could see how you form your letters, I would be most appreciative.

:headsmack: Penspouse, I read the title of your post without really absorbing the content of your message. My alphabet is exactly what you're NOT looking for. :unsure: Perhaps it just shows what a pen, ink and too much caffeine can do.