need help w/parker 51

rollynlow

ok i have just bought a parker 51 at a garage sale for only a buck, ya, believe that, and i am trying to figure out the year and worth of them. they are 12k gold capped and buckskin in color. i have the original box and the pencil is in ment condition. the box number is 270.

here is a couple pics

sorry to request something on the first post but, i need help

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v304/rollynlow/parker3.jpg

this is top of the box

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v304/rollynlow/parker1.jpg'

this is the pen and pencil set.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rollynlow

• RonB

• rosey

• Sparky

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've seen on ebay, probably somewhere between $100-200. Possibly someone else can give you a more exact number. It would cost more from a reputable pen merchant.

Great buy!

Ron

Ron

Favorite Pens: Parker "51"Lamy 2000; Bexley America the Beautiful; Pilot Custom 823, 912 and 74; Sheaffer Early Touchdown; Parker Vacumatic; Sheaffer Legacy

I can't believe you found that at a yard sale for a dollar!!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

Richard Binder is a good source on Parker 51's. richardspens.com is a source you might try.

Edited by rosey

"'I will not say, "do not weep", for not all tears are an evil."

thanks alot, i just wish i new what year it was. i have only heard good things about parkers, but i have never owned one, i think i will keep it. from what i saw at richards pens is that it is a 51 mark I. wow, a 55 year old pen that looks to work perfectly. i am happy.

Edited by rollynlow

Ron.... I also try to help those in need. Sounds like you were taken. So I feel it is my duty as an FPNer to help you. I'll take it off your hands for $2. :rolleyes: :) :) ...

Obviously... just kidding... but I am envious of your find!

At a guess I would say a mid 50s Aero set, so between $100 -$200, probably the higher end if they are mint, more in a s/h pen store. Very nice find!

And I note some people moan about OldGriz and I with posting our finds and this guy gets this set for a DOLLAR yes I am SHOUTING :bonk:

All I can say is WOW!

Jim

Obi Won WD40

Re vera, cara mea, mea nil refert!

At a guess I would say a mid 50s Aero set, so between $100 -$200, probably the higher end if they are mint, more in a s/h pen store. Very nice find!

And I note some people moan about OldGriz and I with posting our finds and this guy gets this set for a DOLLAR yes I am SHOUTING :bonk:

All I can say is WOW!

Jim

Holy Cow !

a VERY good deal!!!

*i better start looking more closely at garage sales*

Sir, I kneel to the grandure of your SUMGAIness... :drool: :drool:

There is no way on God's green earth that I can see Jim or myself beating this deal....

And like Jim, I am not happy...

Well, at least I still get to have Jim choke on his coffee... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

thanks alot,

it would be nice to have someone choke on something, but until then i will keep my pens in hand.