The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Signum Nova Python 18k B nib

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Signum1

Signum1

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 August 2009 - 03:05

I didn't recognize this was a Signum Python that I owned. I always thought it was a Signum Nova because I took the seller's word for it. A little research earlier today revealed two things. The pen was actually a Signum Python and the price I purchased this pen for was also a good deal. Enjoy the rest of the reading.

Page One

Posted Image

Page Two

Posted Image

The Photo of the Section

Posted Image
Posted Image

Sponsored Content

#2 Yuki Onitsura

Yuki Onitsura

I ink, therefore I am

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,465 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 August 2009 - 03:09

Great review! Your handwriting is very pleasing to the eye ^^

Yuki
Posted Image
Follow me on twitter! @crypticjunky

~And the words, they're everything and nothing. I want to search for her in the offhand remarks.~

#3 Randal6393

Randal6393

Love italic handwriting.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 August 2009 - 03:26

Looks like a great pen for general writing and correspondence. Love the broad italic nibs -- gives a great character to your handwriting.

Enjoy,

Yours,
Randal

From a person's actions, we may infer attitudes, beliefs, --- and values. We do not know these characteristics outright. The human dichotomies of trust and distrust, honor and duplicity, love and hate --- all depend on internal states we cannot directly experience. Isn't this what adds zest to our life?

#4 Ghost Plane

Ghost Plane

Indescribable

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,424 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 August 2009 - 12:57

Waterman convertors are narrower at the tip than standard, which explains why that didn't work.

#5 Signum1

Signum1

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 August 2009 - 17:39

Interesting remark GP. Which converter readily available in the market would, in your opinion, have a standard tip for the converter? I know the Edison pens can use the Waterman converters.
Posted Image

#6 Ghost Plane

Ghost Plane

Indescribable

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,424 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 August 2009 - 18:12

I'm not sure. The only Signum I ever owned was a piston fill and I sold it. Try emailing the Ink Flow for help as they carry Signum pens and carry convertors for many brands including Delta, which is what I was looking for when I stumbled on them.

#7 MYU

MYU

... The key to it all is Capillary Action! ...

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,647 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 August 2009 - 23:11

I'm in awe of your handwriting... and now ashamed of mine! wink.gif Thanks for this wonderful contribution. smile.gif

~Gary

[MYU's Pen Review Corner]   |   "The Common Ground" -- Jeffrey Small

#8 Signum1

Signum1

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 August 2009 - 03:49

QUOTE (MYU @ Aug 30 2009, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm in awe of your handwriting... and now ashamed of mine! wink.gif Thanks for this wonderful contribution. smile.gif

~Gary

Myu,

I can always provide you with handwriting lessons in exchange for a #76 pen from Edison. eureka.gif I even have the pen blanks sitting on my desk waiting for the savings jar to fill up.

Signum1
Posted Image

#9 Lava Fountain

Lava Fountain

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Location:I Have Become Comfortably NUMB : | on The BLACK Drop ~!~

Posted 24 June 2010 - 19:42

I didn't recognize this was a Signum Python that I owned. I always thought it was a Signum Nova because I took the seller's word for it. A little research earlier today revealed two things. The pen was actually a Signum Python and the price I purchased this pen for was also a good deal. Enjoy the rest of the reading.

Page One

Posted Image

Page Two

Posted Image

The Photo of the Section

Posted Image

:yikes:

Hey Signum,

Well, I finally got my Signum Python Fountain Cocoa Black :thumbup: with Gold Vermeil from a private sale in excellent like new condition & it looks fabulous, very unique & interesting Fountain to be sure, your overview/review was what pointed me towards this Fountain :gaah: so thx for that :clap1: .

Cheers.

#10 maw808

maw808

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 October 2017 - 19:27

I appreciate your description of the Signum Python, and just grabbed the opportunity to buy one.  Contrary to your experience, though, I didn't find that posting led to imbalance and discomfort.  Since the pen is light, the cap added heft.  It's a beautiful---and unusual--pen.  For my next feat?  I have my eye on the Doc, a Louis Vuitton leather-clad pen.  No, not the monstero Cargo!  

Warmest aloha,

Mary

Sponsored Content

|