Esterbrook supreme nib.

penrivers

If limited to Renew points, then it is the 2442.

However, I prefer pretty much any relief nib to any renew point.

Regards, greg

Thanks for the information Greg, I talked with Sam in Pendemonium this morning. Got it. Greetings from México

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• penrivers

• OcalaFlGuy

• Highbinder

• liapuyat

I have not met a Renew Point that I couldn't be happy with or give away.

Todd

Very Wise, indeed!

Cheers-

Brian

Hello Brian, please check your email , I sent you a message this morning. Greetings from México.

Just ONE nib? I'm with Todd, I either love them as individuals, or send them off to find a happier life with someone else...

Lisa

I have not met a Renew Point that I couldn't be happy with or give away.

Todd

Very Wise, indeed!

Cheers-

Brian

Hello Brian, please check your email , I sent you a message this morning. Greetings from México.

Just ONE nib? I'm with Todd, I either love them as individuals, or send them off to find a happier life with someone else...

Lisa

Thanks Lisa, nop, I will treasure my 4 nibs and my 3 esterbrooks for the rest of my life, now I am a beliver in the 2048

it is taming me or I am taming it (writing, not with the horrible sand paper), the case is that I love that nib. Lisa, young girl, I wish you 60 years of happiness with Brian. Greetings from México.

Edited by Brian Anderson
end quote problem

If you like that 2048 you would lose you mind over a 9048.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

If you like that 2048 you would lose you mind over a 9048.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

¿Realy?, thanks Bruce, I hope to get one this fall season or sooner. Greetings from México.

Of what I've tried, my favorite is probably the 9556.

Thanks silvermink, I am taking note of the 9556. Well, it seems that 95% of the Estie's fans has one favorite

nib.

Thanks to everybody......... I'm getting wise.

Greetings from México.

I have a 2048... and ack, I now want a 9048. (And a 9314F, and a 9128... it never stops.)

"Luxe, calme et volupte"

I have a 2048... and ack, I now want a 9048. (And a 9314F, and a 9128... it never stops.)

Yes Pilot Girl, the 2048 is a champion like Many Pacquiao, very dificult to handle, with good bend and swing,

to the left and to the right, good left jab or left hook, and a straight right with a master line variation, pound by pound

it is the better nib I ever had. (until now). Greetings from México.

• 2 months later...

Well liapyat's, the 2048 maybe is the incomprehensible, the misunderstanded of the esterbrook nibs, let me tell you how I deal with it.

first,I hold the pen caped,with my fingers a little up of the thread in the barrel nor in the section, so you write

with your arm instead of your hand, cause moving only your hand you aply much pressure in the paper you will tearit

and stumble in it.

Second,dont touch the paper just fly the nib over it, let the ink flow freely, I dont know why but belive me you can get line variations doing that way, I cant explain it, it is magic, try it. Greetings from México. I am running to hide from the purists in fpn.

Well liapyat's, the 2048 maybe is the incomprehensible, the misunderstanded of the esterbrook nibs, let me tell you how I deal with it.

first,I hold the pen caped,with my fingers a little up of the thread in the barrel nor in the section, so you write

with your arm instead of your hand, cause moving only your hand you aply much pressure in the paper you will tearit

and stumble in it.

Second,dont touch the paper just fly the nib over it, let the ink flow freely, I dont know why but belive me you can get line variations doing that way, I cant explain it, it is magic, try it. Greetings from México. I am running to hide from the purists in fpn.

I know what you mean, I finally saw how a friend writes with her flexy pen, so I am practicing. When I write with the 2048 normally, it writes like a fine stub, and I really love that too :)

"Luxe, calme et volupte"

For me the 2314-M.

That's a good one. I also like the 9668s and the 9968s others have mentioned, but the one that gives me the most pleasure in writing is the 2284.

Hmm, this is a difficult one for me, I like each renew point for their respective qualities, my extra fines, are truly extra fine (9450,3550, 9550,and 9128), my mediums(2668,and 9668) very smooth and great to write with. My all time favorite though has been my 3668 nib which wrote more like my 2668, than my 9668 which is toward a broad for me, but it was super smooth and an ease to write with, unfortunately I lost it with a red J at a bus stop a year ago!! So currently I have been enjoying all my renew points equally!

Edited by JakobS

FP Ink Orphanage-Is an ink not working with your pens, not the color you're looking for, is never to see the light of day again?!! If this is you, and the ink is in fine condition otherwise, don't dump it down the sink, or throw it into the trash, send it to me (payment can be negotiated), and I will provide it a nice safe home with love, and a decent meal of paper! Please PM me!<span style='color: #000080'>For Sale:</span> TBA

My favorite is the 9450. If I were to pick a second favorite, it would be the 9550. Hope all is well with you in Mexico.

-gross

Let us endeavor to live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. -Mark Twain

My current all time favorite is a 2314-B but I reserve the right to change my mind on a whim!!

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.

Isaac Asimov, Salvor Hardin in "Foundation"

US science fiction novelist & scholar (1920 - 1992)

There is probably no more terrible instant of enlightenment than the one in which you discover your father is a man--with human flesh.

Frank Herbert, Dune

US science fiction novelist (1920 - 1986)

My Pens on Flikr

I'll join those who like fine points but then it depends on the kind of writing. So one nib really can't be fully sufficient.

I agree with the mediums/bolds mentioned:

(Which I have)

2314-M

I also like my (Two) 9460(s).

But I like medium nibs! People who like fine nibs will give you a whole

different set of numbers!

"Celebrating Eight Years of Retail Writing Excellence"

"When, in the course of writing events, in becomes self-evident that not all pens are created equal"

Federalist Pens and Paper (Online Pen Store)

facelogobooks.png.7b61776c10ce24852b00693f4005dc72.png

Use Forum Code "FPN" at Checkout to Receive an Additional 5% Discount!

Just one? That's no fun ... however, if I had to live with just one nib forever it would be the 9668. For my hand and writing style this is the best all purpose nib available for my Estie.