Pilot Decimo in Harvest Yellow with Medium Nib

oceansportrait

Hi everyone,

I recently traded for this Harvest Yellow Pilot Decimo, but the color wasn't quite what I was expecting. SO I am offering it up for trade. It is in EXCELLENT condition. No gouges, stains, or anything of that matter. It comes with a medium nib (with converter attached). It also comes with its original box, instruction papers, and an unopened package of cartridge (black, I think) that came with it. I could provide pictures upon request, but really, since it is in excellent condition, there is no fault that needs to be pointed out through photos :)

I am looking to trade it for a Parker "51" with an Aerometric Filler (PLEASE NOTE: NO Demis, Specials, or anything other than the full size Parker "51") with a Fine or Medium nib in a NON-BLACK color (Burgundy, Blue, Teal, Green, any color other than black!). It MUST be in excellent condition (no dings, stains, gouges, name engravings, etc. ---light/micro-scratches are OK) and preferably restored, but if it is in perfect working order as it is, then it doesn't have to be :) Also, I'd prefer one with a jewel on the cap (I like my bling-bling :roflmho:). It needs to be in perfect working order because I am new to FPs and would not be able to fix any existing problems.

Please PM me with any offers!

Edited by oceansportrait

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• oceansportrait

• OldGriz

• Zeroblade

Bump BumP!

To sweeten the deal, I'll throw in a package of Lamy blue cartridges (5 in the pack). Brand new, unopened, & purchased for $4.50 but FREE if you have what I'm looking for.

Thanks!

Okay to really get the wheel going, I'll add a Parker 21 in great condition to the trade (no scratches, gouges, or anything of that sort . Very nice writer, I'd say it writes a medium line). I received it as a gift from a very generous FPNer, but I'm finding that I'm not using it as much as I'd like, so I'd like to see it go to a good home.

For this to be included in the trade though, I'd like to get a bit more picky----I'm looking for something like the #5 Parker 51 for sale in this thread: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/in...howtopic=119759 with the diamond shaped jewel on the clip (I've been told this was the clip style for earlier Parker "51"s) Also, I'd really like one in a non-dark color (no black, greys)---I'm looking for more burgundy, teal, blue, etc.

So what do you get in this trade?

1. Pilot Decimo in excellent condition with original box + papers + unopened cartridge + converter

2. Unopened package of BLUE Lamy cartridges (5-pack)

3. Parker 21

Please PM me with offers :)

Edited by oceansportrait

Let's bump this thing up!

Perhaps I was being ambitious when I said it has to have absolutely no dings/dents, etc. I'll consider P"51"s with minor dings/dents that don't distract from the pen if it has the qualities mentioned above (quote from above: something like the #5 Parker 51 for sale in this thread: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/in...howtopic=119759 with the diamond shaped jewel on the clip (I've been told this was the clip style for earlier Parker "51"s) Also, I'd really like one in a non-dark color (no black, greys)---I'm looking for more burgundy, teal, blue, etc.)

However, it has to be in good working order in terms of its aerometric filler and nib.

Also, I'll open up the trade to not only aerometric fillers but RESTORED vacumatic fillers also (I've heard that the vacumatic is prone to breakage, so only restored will be considered for this kind of filler).

I've received a few offers, but none have the clip-style that I'm looking for. I'll wait another two days, and if there aren't anymore offers, I'll withdraw this trade and perhaps just save up for the pen.

This is a very good trade on your side, considering the Decimo goes for ~$125 used on the FPN forum, and the cartridges retail for $4.50, and the Parker 21 goes for ~$25. I've seen the P "51"s with the diamond-shaped jewel caps restored with aerometric filler for ~$100 here. :)

Unfortunately, mine is a black 51 with the typical arrow clip in a crisp italic. That's three strikes against it, lol

I am surprised no one has made this trade yet...

I would jump all over it as I have a bunch of 51s that meet the bill....

I just don't like VPs... have sold every one I ever had...

Thanks for the support Zeroblade and OldGriz :)

Still no nibbles yet except for those with black/grey P"51"s or those with significant damage to the pens.

I've been informed by a helpful FPNer that the ones with the diamond-shaped jewel on the clips come only with a vacumatic filler. Whoops! :embarrassed_smile: But I'd still be interested if anyone has any Parker "51"s in a color other than black/grey in GOOD condition (I'd be willing to consider ones with some damage to it, but obviously, if someone comes along with one in excellent condition that will take the priority :))

hi everyone :)

I've decided to just keep my decimo for the time being. I'll likely sell it in the near future on the Market thread to fund a P51 purchase. Thank you!

-Aya

• Most Contributions

1. amberleadavis
      amberleadavis
    2. PAKMAN
      PAKMAN
    3. Ghost Plane
      Ghost Plane
    4. inkstainedruth
      inkstainedruth
    5. jar
      jar
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Comments

• Shanghai Knife Dude
      I have the Sailor Naginata and some fancy blade nibs coming after 2022 by a number of new workshop from China.  With all my respect, IMHO, they are all (bleep) in doing chinese characters.  Go use a bush, or at least a bush pen. 
    • A Smug Dill
      It is the reason why I'm so keen on the idea of a personal library — of pens, nibs, inks, paper products, etc. — and spent so much money, as well as time and effort, to “build” it for myself (because I can't simply remember everything, especially as I'm getting older fast) and my wife, so that we can “know”; and, instead of just disposing of what displeased us, or even just not good enough to be “given the time of day” against competition from >500 other pens and >500 other inks for our at
    • adamselene
      Agreed.  And I think it’s good to be aware of this early on and think about at the point of buying rather than rationalizing a purchase..
    • A Smug Dill
      Alas, one cannot know “good” without some idea of “bad” against which to contrast; and, as one of my former bosses (back when I was in my twenties) used to say, “on the scale of good to bad…”, it's a spectrum, not a dichotomy. Whereas subjectively acceptable (or tolerable) and unacceptable may well be a dichotomy to someone, and finding whether the threshold or cusp between them lies takes experiencing many degrees of less-than-ideal, especially if the decision is somehow influenced by factors o
    • adamselene
      I got my first real fountain pen on my 60th birthday and many hundreds of pens later I’ve often thought of what I should’ve known in the beginning. I have many pens, the majority of which have some objectionable feature. If they are too delicate, or can’t be posted, or they are too precious to face losing , still they are users, but only in very limited environments..  I have a big disliking for pens that have the cap jump into the air and fly off. I object to Pens that dry out, or leave blobs o
  • Chatbox

You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
  • Files