Great Experience @ B&M in Chapel Hill, NC

bwnewton

Today my wife and I drove from Wake Forest, NC to Chapel Hill, NC to check out Office Supplies & More. The location is:

Timberlyne Shopping Center

1129 Weaver Dairy Road, Chapel Hill, NC 27514

(919) 929-8595

It was worth the 45 minutes drive!

We're from SW Indiana and have no access in our immediate area to a B&M pen shop, so it was a great treat to receive enthusiastic personal service and to see all-things-fountain-pen "in the flesh." Allen runs the place and he was so kind and helpful. In addition to all kinds of neat office stuff that includes a great wall of pens (non-fountain) and pencils, stationery, sealing wax & seals, etc., he sells several brands of fountain pens--Lamy, Cross, Online, Pelikan and more. He only carries bottled ink from Lamy & Private Reserve but several other brands in cartridges in addition to Lamy & PR. Allen did mention that he's been getting several requests for Noodler's so he might have to add that line at some point. It was great to see Rhodia (including Web Notebooks) & Clairefontaine products.

Anyway, we made some personal and gift purchases: bottle of Lamy Blue ink, pink Lamy Safari + converter, 3 Pelikano Jrs., 2 boxes of Lamy Purple carts, 3 boxes of Pelikan Royal Blue carts, and another item or two. The Safari was 20% off and came with a box of black carts. He also through in on the house an extra box of purple carts in addition to the box we were purchasing. I also got to test drive a VP. While we were there, two other folks came in and purchaed FPs. He gave everyone great service.

I have no affiliation with Office Supplies & More. Just a happy customer vacationing in NC.

Edited by bwnewton

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aissa2

• bwnewton

• WendyNC

• montblancdude

Top Posters In This Topic

I am glad you found a place! I don't know that area and was hoping that someone would have some idea who is a native North Carolinian. I am a transplant. I believe I met the gentleman and his daughter, if it is the same person at our recent pen show in June in North Carolina. I purchased my first Lamy Raspberry from him and you are right they are really nice. I only knew they were in Chapel Hill if it is the same folks. I am glad that you were able to find them. Enjoy yourself in North Carolina while you are visiting! Enjoy, there are a few of us from different parts of North Carolina so feel free to ask questions, I guess we tend to shop mostly by internet, so as long as it is not about where we obtain our ink or pens from you should be fine with us. :ltcapd:

Pelikan M800 red/black XF, Lamy Raspberry All-Star XF,Pilot VP red/rhodium,Bexley Americana Strawberry swirl,Lamy Limited Ed. Pink 2009

Lamy L.E. 2008,Pelikan M400 black FP,Lamy Vista demon., Lamy L.E.2005, Charcoal Lamy 1.5 nib, Pelikan M600 green/black med. nib

Ink: Diamine Red, Red, Red....

GREAT!!!!!!!! Thank you sooo much!!!!!! An NC B&M store!!!!!! Finally...

I'm going to check it out this weekend...

If they carry Pilot, Lamy, Online, and Pelikan that's good enough for me.

We already have Sharon Luggage here in Raleigh for Parker, Sheaffer, Faber Castell, Montblanc, etc.

Edited by montblancdude

Loving Mont Blanc and everything fountain pen!!!!!!!!

One of the few, the proud... 14 year-old FPN'ers!!!!!! ;)

MY FOUNTAIN PENS: Montblanc Boheme Bleu (M), Montblanc 145 (M), Waterman Phileas (M), Jinhao X450 (M), Parker Vector (M), Parker 15 (M), Sheaffer Cartridge Pen (M)

MY INKS: Parker Quink Blue, Private Reserve Midnight Blues, Montblanc Black

I got a great Clarifontaine notebook there. Very friendly service. If I remember right its in a little shopping center.

The key to life is how well you deal with Plan B.

Ah! When you asked about local from Winston, I thought CH would be too far out of range. Silly me! I'm glad you found Alan's store. I'm very happily going broke there one bottle of ink at a time.

I find the whole store to be a fantastic experience and could break the bank there if I wasn't careful. It's a good thing the ink is behind the register as it keeps me out of much of the rest of the store.

For anyone local going there, it's down in the corner near the post office. If you happen to be there around lunch time, you might care to try Margaret's Cantina for good and reasonable (mostly) Mexican food.

No affiliation with either one, except as a customer.

I came here for the pictures and stayed for the conversation.

Ah! When you asked about local from Winston, I thought CH would be too far out of range. Silly me! I'm glad you found Alan's store. I'm very happily going broke there one bottle of ink at a time.

I find the whole store to be a fantastic experience and could break the bank there if I wasn't careful. It's a good thing the ink is behind the register as it keeps me out of much of the rest of the store.

For anyone local going there, it's down in the corner near the post office. If you happen to be there around lunch time, you might care to try Margaret's Cantina for good and reasonable (mostly) Mexican food.

No affiliation with either one, except as a customer.

Sounds like adventure time! TomTom Navigator ready....Oh, red ink...blank clairefontaine journal w/o lines. :wub:

Pelikan M800 red/black XF, Lamy Raspberry All-Star XF,Pilot VP red/rhodium,Bexley Americana Strawberry swirl,Lamy Limited Ed. Pink 2009

Lamy L.E. 2008,Pelikan M400 black FP,Lamy Vista demon., Lamy L.E.2005, Charcoal Lamy 1.5 nib, Pelikan M600 green/black med. nib

Aissa2, let me know when you're coming and we'll have lunch. If Mexican isn't your thing, there are several other handy places.

I came here for the pictures and stayed for the conversation.

Cool! This sounds like a place well worth the drive. Haven't been to CH in a long time. Sharon's gets a bit tired after a while. I need to talk to "real" pen people. Ya dig?

:happycloud9:

Cathy L. Carter

Live. Love. Write.

Cool! This sounds like a place well worth the drive. Haven't been to CH in a long time. Sharon's gets a bit tired after a while. I need to talk to "real" pen people. Ya dig?

True That! :thumbup: