• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ianpwilliamson2

• GeorgeWP

• Carrie

• rogerb

Look forward to seeing you all George.

Ian

Thanks - Sarah is really getting excited about getting along to another show. She really enjoyed Litchfield and has been asking me when the London show is taking place ever since. She has aquired an LE Pink Lamy Safari in the last few days (bought by me) and is bringing it along with her other pens to show it to everyone.

George

Just thought that I would post a heads up for anyone travelling into London for the pen show in Kensington next Sunday.

There are planned part closures on some of the underground lines during the week-end of the show, and the Jubilee line will be suspended for the whole week-end.

If you are planning on using the Underground to get to or from the show, it may be as well to check up on the Transport for London site here is the link:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravelnews/realtime/by-date.aspx?offset=7

The Piccadilly line that runs through Kensigton High Street will be fully operational.

The closures may not affect you, and there are replacement bus services in operation if it does, but it can useful to be prepared in advance as the bus services are not as quick as the train.

Looking forward to seeing you all.

George

Piccadilly to Earl's Court and then District or Circle up to High St Kensington, actually!

We're very lucky on the weekend of the show in that it is only the very far eastern bit of the District that is closed. For most of this past year, the Circle and central part of the District have been out at weekends and it has made life quite tricky.

John

Just thought that I would post a heads up for anyone travelling into London for the pen show in Kensington next Sunday.

There are planned part closures on some of the underground lines during the week-end of the show, and the Jubilee line will be suspended for the whole week-end.

If you are planning on using the Underground to get to or from the show, it may be as well to check up on the Transport for London site here is the link:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravelnews/realtime/by-date.aspx?offset=7

The Piccadilly line that runs through Kensigton High Street will be fully operational.

The closures may not affect you, and there are replacement bus services in operation if it does, but it can useful to be prepared in advance as the bus services are not as quick as the train.

Looking forward to seeing you all.

George

You are confuzzing me George...not difficult.... The Picc line doesn't appear to run through KHS, it's the District and Circle lines, innit?

I made the mistake of taking the bus last time, so want to get it right (from Victoria) this time!

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; But if you really make them think, they'll hate you.

Don Marquis

US humorist (1878 - 1937)

Well I really dropped a clanger there!

You are quite right Roger - that will teach me.

I travel quite frequently to South Kensington (Picadilly & District/Circle line) and posted first without engaging brain.

Take no notice of me - Roger is correct!

Well spotted.

George

I may be there as I found out on Friday that I have more than the entire year's worth of holiday still to take (I carried some over last year despite trying to fry as much as I could at the end of December). It also gives me an opportunity to do some work in London on Monday. Plus I want to meet Carrie!

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of nothing at all...

I may be there as I found out on Friday that I have more than the entire year's worth of holiday still to take (I carried some over last year despite trying to fry as much as I could at the end of December). It also gives me an opportunity to do some work in London on Monday. Plus I want to meet Carrie!

Woo Hoo!! Excellent! The London WES just got a more interesting! [grin]

Carrie - any chance of the lovely puppies coming with you?

Edited by CasmiUK

"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing 'Cunning plans are here again'"

Twitter: @CasmiUK

I've decided this show is my car jinx show, ended up with the car in the garage on Friday, so that's eaten some of my pen show money. Looks like I've definitely got to make it there though if IANAN is going to be there. Ian, will you have any Diamine cartridges with you? Wanting to stock up for use with my Dinkie. I also want to know what the blue was in the mixed cartridge boxes, it's a very nice blue and I don't have the box anymore to find out what it is.

The doglets are staying at home and will be going off on a nice long walk with a couple of my work colleagues and their beagle.

http://www.tfl.gov.u...e.aspx?offset=7

Oh bother & blow. I was planning on dropping the car off at the Dome (O2, white elephant, whatever it's now called) and coming along the Jubilee line. Have to look up another route as it's too expensive to come to London by train.

Thanks for the warning though.

Regards,

Richard.

Richard

Why don't you drop the car off at Stratford and pick up the Central Line to Holland Park, then one stop on District/Circle Line to High Street Ken.

There is a large car park at Stratford.

George

Oh bother & blow. I was planning on dropping the car off at the Dome (O2, white elephant, whatever it's now called) and coming along the Jubilee line. Have to look up another route as it's too expensive to come to London by train.

Regards,

Richard.

Yes, that's why I am going by National Express coach (£6.10 retn MK to Victoria :) )

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; But if you really make them think, they'll hate you.

Don Marquis

Regards,

Richard.

Hi

Richard, why not park at the venue, that's what I have done the past 2 years, means driving into the London, but no congestion charge on a Sunday.

Andy

:D

Soon be time for the show, is there a roll call as to who is going, any news or views?

I'll be there - just starting the ball rolling as I'll be offline for a few days starting tomorrow.

Carl

After all the excitement of the build up it looks like I wont be there as a thrice cancelled operation has been rescheduled for the 1st October.

Oh well at least my money will stay in my pocket.

Carl

"Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch" Orson Welles

Soon be time for the show, is there a roll call as to who is going, any news or views?

I'll be there - just starting the ball rolling as I'll be offline for a few days starting tomorrow.

Carl

After all the excitement of the build up it looks like I wont be there as a thrice cancelled operation has been rescheduled for the 1st October.

Carl

Sorry about that, Carl....good luck with the op.

Don Marquis

Carl

Carl

The Bonhomie and banter among all of you who appear to know each other so well is scary to a newbie/firsttimer at a pen show!!! One simple question: are these things "cash only'???? Scared newbie, thanks and cheers, Rajesh

Carl

Carl

The Bonhomie and banter among all of you who appear to know each other so well is scary to a newbie/firsttimer at a pen show!!! One simple question: are these things "cash only'???? Scared newbie, thanks and cheers, Rajesh

Rajesh - everybody has to be a newbie sometime and I hope that we make everyone feel welcome, the talk is inks and pens and if we can find a table and time for tea then the hours quickly go by. Bring pens for others to try, and be happy to talk and listen. We all have something to learn.

In terms of payment, then you are right, probably it is just cash.

Hi Rajesh!

Cash is a very good idea as a lot of dealers are not set up to take cards.

As for the bonhomie and banter - everyone had a first show and there's always room for others to join in the party! No need to be scared.....until you really get to know us, that is! [grin]

Looking forward to meeting you on Sunday.

Casmi

"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing 'Cunning plans are here again'"

Twitter: @CasmiUK

This will be my first fountain pen show so sorry if it's a silly question, but will there be anyone repairing nibs on site? I managed to bend one of the tines on my Sailor PG a week ago and am missing it! Have no idea how long such a repair would take and therefore whether it's practical in a busy show.

Am looking forward to it!

Michael.