London Writing Equipment Show 2009

ianpwilliamson2

Hmm - how do you identify a fellow FPN member? Is there a handshake or some such? :ph34r:

Carl

Naw, you just find CasmiUk (Carol), lurking around Ian's table, ogling inks, she knows everybody !!! :thumbup:

Eric

I'll be easy to find....I'll be the one babbling that has every finger stained a different Diamine colour....... :rolleyes:

"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing 'Cunning plans are here again'"

Twitter: @CasmiUK

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ianpwilliamson2

• GeorgeWP

• Carrie

• CasmiUK

I'll be easy to find....I'll be the one babbling that has every finger stained a different Diamine colour....... :rolleyes:

Erm, excuse me, I think you'll find I have exclusive rights to be the one covered in ink at pen shows :rolleyes: Personally I blame Eric :mellow:

Purchased the plane tickets just now :) My wife will be coming as well. This will be the first penshow for both of us- so any guidance is welcomed!

Anyone else from Norway coming? PM me.

"If you can dream it, you can do it." -Walt Disney

Erm, excuse me, I think you'll find I have exclusive rights to be the one covered in ink at pen shows :rolleyes: Personally I blame Eric :mellow:

Do I have exclusive rights to the babbling bit? :roflmho:

"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing 'Cunning plans are here again'"

Are there any plans to set up an FPN table like there was at Litchfield.

Unfortunately, I found the day so busy at Litchfield that I didn't get a change to sit down and chat with people.

Would be great if this could be arranged as I would certainly make sure that I made time to meet up with some of you there.

George

George, if you had a busy day at Lichfield you won't stand a chance at London its about four times larger! See my next post for FPN meeting point at the show.

Ian

www.lwes.ukpenshows.co.uk

www.wesonline.org.uk

www.ukpenshows.co.uk

www.cathedralpens.co.uk

Are there any plans to set up an FPN table like there was at Litchfield.

Unfortunately, I found the day so busy at Litchfield that I didn't get a change to sit down and chat with people.

Would be great if this could be arranged as I would certainly make sure that I made time to meet up with some of you there.

George

George, if you had a busy day at Lichfield you won't stand a chance at London its about four times larger! See my next post for FPN meeting point at the show.

Ian

www.lwes.ukpenshows.co.uk

www.wesonline.org.uk

www.ukpenshows.co.uk

www.cathedralpens.co.uk

Thanks Ian

I will look out for your next post re FPN meeting point.

My time was very limited at Litchfield as I had to leave at lunch time to get back to London and pick my wife up at the airport (very inconsiderate of her, I thought), so I only had around 2 hours or so to spend there. Despite that I managed to spend much more money than time. London is more geographically convenient for me, so I am looking forward to spending a much longer day.

I don't know if you remember me, but I was the one who had his 9 year old daughter in tow. She enjoyed the show immensely and can't wait to get along to the London show in October. My wife will be coming along too, so no leaving early to pick her up this time.

At the moment, I am sitting in our house in Italy enjoying the sun, food, wine and my recently acquired Visconti Opera - didn't buy it here, just brought it back home for a holiday :ltcapd:

George

I know its a bit early for Secret Santa but................

Ever bid for something you dont really want?

We should have a bring and buy sale at London, bring a pen, wrapped up, that cost you £5-£10 and take one away.

We should have a bring and buy sale at London, bring a pen, wrapped up, that cost you £5-£10 and take one away.

:thumbup: What fun! [grin]

What a great idea :thumbup:

Ian

There will be a meeting point for FPNers. This will be a table in the catering area, it will be clearly marked FPN. The catering area is at the far end of the Foyer.

By setting up this table it does not mean that I don't want you all congregating around my tables - you are all most welcome! :thumbup:

The show is now sold out with dealers coming from all over the world - this is set to be the largest London show so far.

If you haven't taken advantage of the show LE Duofold yet do it quickly as the issue is almost sold out.

The emphasis of the show this year is on handwriting and we have many experts on hand to help you with improving your handwriting skills.

Ian

Carrie,

:embarrassed_smile: :embarrassed_smile: :embarrassed_smile: :embarrassed_smile: Oh boy, I'lll not live that one down will I, honest, your vac will be well, well sealed :crybaby: :headsmack:

Just hope I can hand it over personally, attendance still a wee bit up in the air :unsure:

Eric

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge (Charles Darwin)

http://www.wesonline.org.uk/

I don't have any pens which cost so little :( ...how about smink?

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; But if you really make them think, they'll hate you.

Don Marquis

US humorist (1878 - 1937)

Eric, you know I'm only kidding. Anyway, it was a rather nice shade of blue ;)

Roger, you're not the only one without any pens of that price, don't even think I'd get up to Lancashire before the show to pinch one of the Heros I got for my dad (and don't think he'd be too impressed if I did)

I really think I need to get sensible in the number of pens I'm planning to bring along for Oxonian to look at, the list seems to keep growing. This time last year it was only one CS which I was hoping to get made into a nice stub.

• 3 weeks later...

There are often good deals to be found, IMO, especially if you are prepared to haggle...it's almost always conducted in a very friendly manner.

It is a good idea to have a pretty clear idea of what's on your 'shopping list' and to take no more cash than you are prepared to spend (save some for the journey home!).

Otherwise, it's very easy to get 'buyers fever' and to come away with a pocketful of pens which just 'seemed like a bargain'

(that's what I seem to do, anyway :lol: )

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; But if you really make them think, they'll hate you.

Don Marquis

US humorist (1878 - 1937)

...Hmm - how do you identify a fellow FPN member? Is there a handshake or some such? :ph34r: ...

You could print a badge with your avatar on it. I found it useful last year and was horrified by how many people recognised me by it.

Regards,

Richard.

Hi,

It sounds like heaven - i have never been to a pen show before but really looking forward to it.

Is it really all just in my head or is it really pen heaven? :) Is it worth deferring any purchases until the show? Any discounts or anything special to be had at the show?

All advice welcome

Cheers

KK

It certainly is, never left a show yet where there hasn't been something I wished in retrospect I'd bought. Best idea is to take more money than you could wish to spend, and not regret a penny of it :crybaby:

Haven't regretted any purchases at shows yet, promise :thumbup:

Eric

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge (Charles Darwin)

http://www.wesonline.org.uk/

No, still reckon you're the ink queen. Looking forward to seeing you there and finding whatever trouble there is to get into... :)

Do I have exclusive rights to the babbling bit? :roflmho:

If you're going to be there, then my chance of finding trouble just doubled! :thumbup: