• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nchov

• ZeissIkon

• Tsujigiri

• Doc H

I haven't dealt with them, but I think it is safe to say stay away. They show Montblancs with prices and all authorized dealers are not allowed to display prices and sell them online. Website is probably a fake.

This is just my opinion, though.

Regards,

Kevin :thumbup:

I haven't dealt with them, but I think it is safe to say stay away. They show Montblancs with prices and all authorized dealers are not allowed to display prices and sell them online. Website is probably a fake.

Regards,

Interesting site.

I did a little research on them a few weeks back. They list LA as their location but that is a front for a Malaysian company. The pens are shipped from Malaysia. From the few scant reports, they do ship the pens ordered although the service is odd and some aspects like packing seems to be a bit weak.

2020 San Francisco Pen Show
August 28-30th, 2020
Pullman Hotel San Francisco Bay
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

The fact that they list their prices for MBs is triggering my built-in warning sensor...

It's not worth the risk, I think. FPH and Joon are actually cheaper than these guys, and they're authorized dealers. (No affiliation, yadda yadda yadda...)

Loving Mont Blanc and everything fountain pen!!!!!!!!

One of the few, the proud... 14 year-old FPN'ers!!!!!! ;)

MY FOUNTAIN PENS: Montblanc Boheme Bleu (M), Montblanc 145 (M), Waterman Phileas (M), Jinhao X450 (M), Parker Vector (M), Parker 15 (M), Sheaffer Cartridge Pen (M)

MY INKS: Parker Quink Blue, Private Reserve Midnight Blues, Montblanc Black

I did some research on them last year when I was looking for a Pelikan. I decided they were completely legit, MB's policies aside. They are located in L.A., but ship out of Maylasia in order to offer lowest prices. The only problem you might have is if you have to have work done by the manufacturer. Then where do you go: U.S. distributor? Asia distributor?

They are cheap, thought.

Phone calls last just minutes, emails get deleted, but letters live forever.

Regards,

This is not always a sign, I've done business with Pengallery quite a few times and they show prices for MB's. I wouldn't buy an MB from them but I have with other pens and they also ship out of Malaysia. I guess it depends upon what your looking to order from them. They have great prices for Pel's but I don't know what pelikans policy is.

The difference between the almost right word & the right word is really a large matter--it's the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning.

- Mark Twain in a Letter to George Bainton, 10/15/1888

The only problem you might have is if you have to have work done by the manufacturer. Then where do you go: U.S. distributor? Asia distributor?

Montblanc service is likely to refer you to their "unauthorized dealer service rep". Her name is Helen Waite.

If you want Montblanc to service a pen bought from an unauthrorized dealer, in other words, you have to go to Helen Waite. :headsmack:

Does not always write loving messages.

Does not always foot up columns correctly.

Does not always sign big checks.

If you want Montblanc to service a pen bought from an unauthrorized dealer, in other words, you have to go to Helen Waite. :headsmack:

I once dated her sister, Helen Back.

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of nothing at all...

Isn't she MB's lawyer?

Isn't she MB's lawyer?

Nope. That's Helen Gonne -- no relation, as far as I'm aware.

Does not always write loving messages.

Does not always foot up columns correctly.

Does not always sign big checks.

• 2 weeks later...

Na - I think MB's legal rep is Helena Handbasket....

"And gentlemen in England, now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day."

http://www.redfingerprint.com/fine_pens.php

They seem to have good prices, but I'm a bit nervous. Has anyone ordered or dealt with redfingerprint?

Thanks.

Well I just ordered a Pelikan 215 from Amazon which was reselling from RedFingerprint. Total from Amazon was $103.70 vs direct form them was $82.00. I suppose if anything I can go back to Amazon if there is a problem. *Gulp* I hope it's ok. Should be ya?

I figure Amazon would at least weed out the unscrupulous vendors. Perhaps I'll order direct from them next time. Heck even coming from Malaysia the shipping is pretty fast. Cross Fingers.

/Wish I would have read this thread first. . .

interesting...can't access redfingerprint.com error 403???

on the other hand, pen gallery has a physical shop in downtown Kuala Lumpur. They say their main revenue is from internet sales. Probably true, the exchange rate does not favor the locals buying from shops.

cheers.

interesting...can't access redfingerprint.com error 403???

on the other hand, pen gallery has a physical shop in downtown Kuala Lumpur. They say their main revenue is from internet sales. Probably true, the exchange rate does not favor the locals buying from shops.

cheers.

I ordered a Pelikan M215 from redfingerprint last month. It was delivered to my door in less than a week. I would highly recommend this vendor. :clap1:

I've ordered from them. I got an outstanding deal on two Pelikan M320s (orange) - one for me and one for my Mum. No problems at all. I'd order from them again.

Kushbaby

I like eating peanuts with chopsticks...