The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Is JetPens reliable

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Nikhil

Nikhil

I Am and Adopt-A-Pen Service, Send Your Pens!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 15:44

Is jetpens a reliable site to use.? Anyone have complaints.?
A Proud 14 Year Old Fountain Pen User!
What I want:[/color]
Aurora Talentum
Pilot Custom 823 Amber Bought on 4.1.10
Lamy 2000
Omas Paragon
Sailor Realo

Sponsored Content

#2 tlaine

tlaine

_mm_(Ô.Ô)_mm_

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 July 2009 - 15:47

jetpens is a great place to buy pens from. I've purchased from them several times, absolutely no complaint. I wouldnt hesitate to buy from them again. They usually ship their items really quickly too. smile.gif
My Husbands Guide to "Flushing" a Fountain Pen.
"I took it to the bathroom first and let it rinse out"
"stuck the tip in the toilet and let the swirly water wash it (the ink) away"

My Blog: Stolen Moments - reviews of various things (mostly notebook/journals, but not very many atm)

#3 LockedWrenchPort

LockedWrenchPort

"I like toast"

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 July 2009 - 15:56

QUOTE (fountainpenguy @ Jul 30 2009, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is jetpens a reliable site to use.? Anyone have complaints.?

A recent topic has already covered this very well
Jet Pens, Opinions & Experiences
--Brian

The world seldom recognizes genius, but when it does it squashes it with the abject tedium of compromise.
-- Manservant Neville (The Middleman: The Clotharian Contamination Protocol)

#4 kernando

kernando

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 08:01

1. mostly
2. yes, see other thread
Apparently I'm the only to have tested them hard enough.
stolen 8/14/16 SF south of Market https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gf24EwNiEy6nfKoep2Gnw8EVFthfPngtNSuSgIrAWRk/edit?usp=sharing

#5 ihopgod

ihopgod

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 July 2009 - 16:38

I've purchase from them 3 times this year; in all three cases, my pens arrived faster than the time quoted, and everything was packaged well. They don't always have the best prices, but I was satisfied.

#6 bardharlock

bardharlock

Stormin' Mormon

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 July 2009 - 18:28

I've placed ten orders with them this year. No problems to report.
"In this world... you must be oh, so smart, or oh, so pleasant. Well for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant."

#7 inkypete

inkypete

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,145 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 July 2009 - 22:40

Just check their freight costs. I've found them to be extraordinarily expensive for international shipping. Their price and range is very good but not when the shipping is sometimes double their opposition.
Posted Image

#8 kushbaby

kushbaby

We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting.

• Member - Gold

• 1,932 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 August 2009 - 01:19

Excellent experiences with Jetpens. Extra bonus is free shipping with $25 or more purchase in US (OP is in Long Island), so works well for inks for me. Very fast service in my experience.
thumbup.gif

I like eating peanuts with chopsticks...

#9 tres

tres

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 00:43

You can add me to the chorus of, "I have been very happy with JetPens."

#10 lantis44

lantis44

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 April 2013 - 19:17

does jetpens write value above(exterior surface) of their shipping ? i will buy pencils above 440$ but i dont want to writing any value on my shipping.
75$ is limit for customs of turkey.

thanks

#11 lantis44

lantis44

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 April 2013 - 19:33

can you help me ?

#12 gsalazar

gsalazar

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 April 2013 - 20:12

I'm not sure about international shipping, but here in the US, when I get shipments from them, the only labels on the box are the address labels.

They do print your invoice, but it's inside the box, so there shouldn't be any worries. But, because each country has its own customs policies, it might be best to email JetPens directly and ask if they declare the value of items when shipping internationally.

#13 lantis44

lantis44

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 April 2013 - 16:30

I'm not sure about international shipping, but here in the US, when I get shipments from them, the only labels on the box are the address labels.

They do print your invoice, but it's inside the box, so there shouldn't be any worries. But, because each country has its own customs policies, it might be best to email JetPens directly and ask if they declare the value of items when shipping internationally.

They gave that answer

Jetpens customer service
The shipping cost is not included in the declared value of an international order. On the customs form, the declared value will be the order sub-total before shipping, in USD.

Thanks for your e-mail and interest in our products. Since much of our packing process is automated to be efficient, the customs value is automatically calculated and we cannot edit the value or declaration of contents. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.

What do you think ?
also i cant understand that why they refuse my all offer.they dont any help me.
i can buy piece by piece pencils but international shipping is 40$ for 1 pencil wow Posted Image

Edited by lantis44, 07 April 2013 - 16:38.

#14 Trivan

Trivan

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 April 2013 - 20:33

Your asking a company to knowingly put false information on a customs form, which I'm sure can cause them issue if caught. I would not risk it if it was my company either.

#15 lantis44

lantis44

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 April 2013 - 21:42

Your asking a company to knowingly put false information on a customs form, which I'm sure can cause them issue if caught. I would not risk it if it was my company either.

but different americans sellers in ebay have sent with low price on a customs form and i havent a problem until now.jetpens can put true invoice inside box that no problem for me.if international shipping of jetpens isnt very expensive,i can buy in parts.

jetpens international shipping is 40$ for 24 pens
jetpens international shipping is 40$ for 1 pens

#16 gsalazar

gsalazar

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 April 2013 - 22:49

I'm not a JetPens representative, so I can't really speak for their behalf. But, I wouldn't compare them to eBay sellers, a number of whom may simply be individual resellers and can make that discretion on their own because it wouldn't affect anyone else but them. JetPens is a company with employees and probably follows a different scaling/business model. It would be better to compare them to Goulet Pens or any of the other larger sellers with their own web presence. I don't know if they would knowingly put false information on a customs form, either. As JetPens noted in their response, they have an automated shipping process, and so they've made a cost-to-value decision that it wasn't in their best business interest to make such exceptions, and as a company it's best to adhere to country guidelines on these things.

It's a bit like being tourists in NYC. There are the street vendors and individual shops where haggling is okay, but you can't do that in a retail store where rules are in place that they have to follow to stay in business. I'm sorry that you aren't getting the answer you want, but I don't think it would be fair to judge a company for how willing they are to break rules for a customer. Perhaps you may be able to find eBay sellers for the items you are looking for with more reasonable shipping costs to you. Communication may be an issue, but there are also other places online that sell a variety of Asian stationery, like Rakuten.

#17 lantis44

lantis44

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:49

I'm not a JetPens representative, so I can't really speak for their behalf. But, I wouldn't compare them to eBay sellers, a number of whom may simply be individual resellers and can make that discretion on their own because it wouldn't affect anyone else but them. JetPens is a company with employees and probably follows a different scaling/business model. It would be better to compare them to Goulet Pens or any of the other larger sellers with their own web presence. I don't know if they would knowingly put false information on a customs form, either. As JetPens noted in their response, they have an automated shipping process, and so they've made a cost-to-value decision that it wasn't in their best business interest to make such exceptions, and as a company it's best to adhere to country guidelines on these things.

It's a bit like being tourists in NYC. There are the street vendors and individual shops where haggling is okay, but you can't do that in a retail store where rules are in place that they have to follow to stay in business. I'm sorry that you aren't getting the answer you want, but I don't think it would be fair to judge a company for how willing they are to break rules for a customer. Perhaps you may be able to find eBay sellers for the items you are looking for with more reasonable shipping costs to you. Communication may be an issue, but there are also other places online that sell a variety of Asian stationery, like Rakuten.

Thank you for your answer

do you know different online that i will buy Platinum Pro-Use II 05 Drafting Pencil(except jetpens)?

Edited by lantis44, 08 April 2013 - 07:59.

#18 queenofpens

queenofpens

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 April 2013 - 20:10

I've been very happy with them, and get very fast service.

The only thing that bothers me a little is that I have to catch them on a day when everything I want is in stock. To be fair, even though they sell out sometimes, they get more in stock very quickly.

#19 pen10

pen10

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 October 2016 - 06:10

Jet pen is the most reliable  pen and  also  comfortable for writing.  

#20 wastelanded

wastelanded

No affiliation.

• Member - Gold

• 2,078 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 October 2016 - 11:10

The intl shipping is ridiculous, but it's the same for every online US business. Even on eBay. Not really fair to single out JetPens.

The lone exception seems to be Vanness, who has a flat $9 rate to Canada and now has 100% of my business.
"I was cut off from the world. There was no one to confuse or torment me, and I was forced to become original." - Franz Joseph Haydn 1732 - 1809

Sponsored Content

|