Most comfortable pen

Greenpiece

My Pilot Custom 845 is very comfortable in my hand. Probably the most comfortable pen I ever held (but don't own) is the OS Delta Dolce Vita. I bought the piston filling Dolce Vita instead, which doesn't feel quite so comfortable, but who can resist a piston filler?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bemon

• Regulateur

• Tsujigiri

• Mrsal

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My most comfortable pen is Pelikan which I found 20 years ago in Austria. I still use it - I love the grip and balance of this pen. It is battered pen now and unfortunatelly not available any more.

post-9092-1249169076_thumb.jpg

Can somebody identify what model is it please? I know it's Pelikan and I guess it is an older model of Pelikano Student.

Thanks,

Denny

• 7 years later...

Late to the party, but my Sailor Pro Gear Slim. I have the standard sized Pro Gear Realo but the Slim could keep me writing for days.

Slim sections for sure, along with slim to medium barrels, light weight, and smooth nibs.

Edited by Octo

Late to the party, but my Sailor Pro Gear Slim. I have the standard sized Pro Gear Realo but the Slim could keep me writing for days.

8 years late to the party :P

Then again, so am I. I'd have to say my most comfortable is my Lamy Vista. The grip fits well in my hand surpirsingly.

8 years late to the party :P

Then again, so am I. I'd have to say my most comfortable is my Lamy Vista. The grip fits well in my hand surpirsingly.

Hello all,

For me, I find the L2K the most comfortable pen I own; however, my second choice would be in line with Flippy's... with the Safari/Al-Star series.

- Anthony

Edited by ParkerDuofold

I'd have to say my 1st gen Waterman JIF school pens, light as a feather, thin but not too thin and long enough that the end of the barrel doesn't dig into my hand when used un-posted.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Parker 51. I liked it in 1970, and I like it now.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

I have a pen, called YoroPen. It's pretty comfortable. The Safari is also pretty comfortable.

Pilot vanishing point and a montblanc 145. Both different but just work!

Yeah, my VP is surprisingly comfy. More to do with how it writes than how it handles though. I had my broad nib tuned by Mikeitwork and now its like writing on wet glass with hot butter.

I'd have to say my 1st gen Waterman JIF school pens, light as a feather, thin but not too thin and long enough that the end of the barrel doesn't dig into my hand when used un-posted.

Hi Chromantic,

Very interesting, indeed. I had never heard of the Waterman Jif before... and here all this time, I thought it was peanut butter in that Waterman ink truck. :D

I learn several new things here daily. Thanks for posting this. :)

- Anthony

PS: I see them on e-bay, but they've been the (later?) metal versions.

Edited by ParkerDuofold

The modern Aurora 88 is the one which springs to mind as my most comfortable pen. A more careful review would introduce others, plus the question of the extent to which comfortable equates to favourite.

X

Sheaffer OS Balance is my ergonomic champ.

I have a longish Parker NS Duofold Maxima that is fantastic in the hand.

Of the modern pens the Aurora 88 has such a nice long cozy section and great even balance.

I like my 146 (of course, it is nearly the same size and shape as the balance) and the Pelikan M800 and M600. I HATED the M1000 which was a bit of a nightmare for me. Too long with all the weight in the back end, mushy nib, etc. I find the two smaller sizes both wonderful. Despite being somewhat slender I like my Pilot C74, and my CH912 and despite being a little small I also, somewhat mysteriously, enjoy the Platinum 3776.

Also I have several old Sheaffer desk pens that are a joy.

But the OS Balance (both Vac and Lever), Duofold Maxima and (modern) 88 stand out.

Edited by ink-syringe

Looking for a cap for a Sheaffer Touchdown Sentinel Deluxe Fat version

Top one for me is the MB146, then Pelikan M600 followed by Edison Collier

Cheers,

Pierre