Greetings from Sydney

InkGirl

Welcome to the club InkGirl and greetings from the land of Lake Wobegon! (Not sure if you actually even get to hear that show on the radio in Sydney).

I agree with Yuki and Jacbe965 - a big :thumbup: for the Pilot Iroshizuku inks. Great colors and the bottle is spectacular.

Some care and design went into packaging (which we certainly pay for it with this pricey ink). Looks great on the desk and really nice on the paper! Everyone needs at least one bottle! ;)

Hi twincityskyline,

Thank you. Nope - I never knew the show existed until you mentioned it and I googled for it. How interesting? I will have to find out if we can get it in Sydney.

Now you made me want to go buy a bottle Pilot Iroshizuku inks of the web somewhere. :D. I think that is the great thing about Japanese products - they considered every aspect of the product and never compromised in quality and presentation. Okay - I am going surfing - I want a bottle of Pilot Iroshizuku -Kon-peki Deep Ocean Blue (Deep Blue).

InkGirl.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• InkGirl

• DAYoung

• feiye

• McPete

How did you go with the Waterman Florida Blue on Rhodia paper? I'm finding that certain popular ink feathers on diary paper. This can be disappointing but will try with other type of paper.

I found some very nice and tempting pen accessories here.

I did try the 80gsm Rhodia with the Waterman - it was still a bit rough. For now, I'm happy with the Moleskine, writing with my new Pelikan M200 (which is a joy to write with).

As for Levenger - MUST NOT LOOK.

I put Noodler's Polar Black on my Sailor 1911. Writes very smoothly on my diary paper (for meetings) but experienced a little ink creep.

You're serious?? - You have not peeked at the offerings at Levenger. I am not ashamed to say I did and drooled.

My colleague introduced me to Levenger. He bought a lapdesk from there. What will be your next FP or ink?

I used to live in Wollongong area - Corrimal - Bellambi area. My husband worked for BHP -IT - quit before it was sold to CSC. I think a good shop assistant would not be concern what you wear to the shop. Your custom is as good as anyone. You won't know until you try. I bought a number of bottle of Noodler's Ink in numerous shade of blue. :D. I bought Periwinkle Blue - the colour is soft and gentle. Reminds me of a nice early spring morning. I like Lamy 2000/Safari pen. I want to get the limited edition PINK one. :D

I reckon we should have another gathering and bring our favourite FP, ink and compare notes. What is your trade are your learning?

InkGirl.

Ah, just down the road! I'm in Balgownie. A nice, quiet little place.

I'm an apprentice instrument fitter. No-one actually knows what an instrument fitter is, but I am one :P

The trade course (At Petersham TAFE) is all about industrial sensors and control systems. Pressure gauges, temperature control systems, factory monitoring and controls... What I actually do at work is electronics repairs.

I know I should still be welcome despite the clothing, but the old expression "sticks out like a sore thumb" rings in my head. If we finish up early one day, I might head over and have a look at a few of the shops.

Hi there InkGirl from Geelong.

Good taste in the Duponts! They are next on my list to buy.

Glad you are back into pens, but watch out for the ink addiction. Have you tried the Pilot Iroshizuku inks yet? They have to be bought in Japan, but their colours are stunning and the ink behaves so well in pens. And it's such a beautiful bottle.

Hi Miranda,

I found the website that sells Pilot Iroshizuku inks. Each bottle is USD 24 and shipment to Australia is USD 11. I ordered a bottle and some sailor catridges. I'll tell you when I received it.

My husband on the other hand bought an item from this site. It arrives promptly. It took about 1 week for the order to arrive to Australia.

Both sites are vendors in KL, Malaysia. I hope this help, should you wish to get the ink.

InkGirl.

Edited by InkGirl

I used to live in Wollongong area - Corrimal - Bellambi area. My husband worked for BHP -IT - quit before it was sold to CSC. I think a good shop assistant would not be concern what you wear to the shop. Your custom is as good as anyone. You won't know until you try. I bought a number of bottle of Noodler's Ink in numerous shade of blue. :D. I bought Periwinkle Blue - the colour is soft and gentle. Reminds me of a nice early spring morning. I like Lamy 2000/Safari pen. I want to get the limited edition PINK one. :D

I reckon we should have another gathering and bring our favourite FP, ink and compare notes. What is your trade are your learning?

InkGirl.

Ah, just down the road! I'm in Balgownie. A nice, quiet little place.

I'm an apprentice instrument fitter. No-one actually knows what an instrument fitter is, but I am one :P

The trade course (At Petersham TAFE) is all about industrial sensors and control systems. Pressure gauges, temperature control systems, factory monitoring and controls... What I actually do at work is electronics repairs.

I know I should still be welcome despite the clothing, but the old expression "sticks out like a sore thumb" rings in my head. If we finish up early one day, I might head over and have a look at a few of the shops.

Okay. I get it what you mean. :D. Balgownie - nice place. We had an interesting time in Corrimal which I would not want to repeat.

WOW.. what you do and learning sounds interesting. So what kind of industry require a instrument fitter?

When did you start using Lamy pens? What colour ink do you use? Have you seen the scented inks? I saw a few brands - with smells such as airplane fuel, gas, christmas and forest.

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I am back from playing with paint. During painting the one of the many walls, I was thinking this is not as much fun as playing with fp or inks. Definitely alot messier. :D Anyway, for those who are interested: I have received Iroshizuku - Asa gao ink about 1 week after I ordered it. The supplier couriered it to Australia. The delay was on the courier side. So the site which I ordered it from was not dodgy.

Talk to you all later.

InkGirl