Greetings from Sydney

InkGirl

What is your favourite FP?

Hmm. I don't have a huge collection.

I wrote most of my last book, Distraction, with a Parker Sonnet F, steel with chrome trim. So I have a familiar fondness for it.

I'm now writing with a new Waterman Hemisphere M, black with chrome trim. It's a really well-balanced, elegant little pen - I'm enjoying it thoroughly (though the Noodler's Luxury Blue is bleeding into the nib a bit).

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n5/DAYoung_2006/WH.jpg

I also bought two Sheaffers, one of which is lovely: a ~1952 Admiral snorkel model, black with gold trim, with the 18k gold nib. I can't seem to write well with it, but my wife can (so she's using it beautifully).

Edited by DAYoung

Damon Young

philosopher & author

OUT NOW: The Art of Reading

http://content.damonyoung.com.au/aor.jpg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• InkGirl

• DAYoung

• playpen

• Chazzozz

Hi InkGirl from a fellow Sydney-sider (we're really close, I'm in Ryde :)). Hope you enjoy your stay - great taste you have there in the Dupont ;)

In rotation:

Pelikan M400 with Pilot Iroshizuku Momiji

Nakaya Kuro-tame Desk Pen with Platinum Blue

Visconti Van Gogh Maxi with Aurora Black

Twitter: @souveran

What is your favourite FP?

Hmm. I don't have a huge collection.

I wrote most of my last book, Distraction, with a Parker Sonnet F, steel with chrome trim. So I have a familiar fondness for it.

I'm now writing with a new Waterman Hemisphere M, black with chrome trim. It's a really well-balanced, elegant little pen - I'm enjoying it thoroughly (though the Noodler's Luxury Blue is bleeding into the nib a bit).

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n5/DAYoung_2006/WH.jpg

I also bought two Sheaffers, one of which is lovely: a ~1952 Admiral snorkel model, black with gold trim, with the 18k gold nib. I can't seem to write well with it, but my wife can (so she's using it beautifully).

Sorry for my late reply. I have been away, visiting family. :D

That is an nice looking pen!!! I am glad you uploaded a picture of it. I am looking for a FP for my brother and I think he would like this one. My favourite is Dupont but I am using both the Dupont and Sailor at the moment. Can't make up my mind.

I just google the Sheaffer pen you mentioned. I have never seen it before. In fact this is first time I have seen it. Impressive!! I received a call today from Pen-Ultimate stating that the Noodler's Periwinkle Blue ink has come in. Now I need to find the time to go and get it. Do you use other kind of ink?

InkGirl

Hi InkGirl from a fellow Sydney-sider (we're really close, I'm in Ryde :)). Hope you enjoy your stay - great taste you have there in the Dupont ;)

Hi Feiye,

Thanks you. You are close to Eastwood. :D. Where do you work? I work around Macquarie Park area. Where do you get your FP from?

I was introduced to Dupont by the owner of the pen shop aptly named Pen Shop in the Wintergraden Plaza in Sydney. What is your favourite FP?

InkGirl

That is an nice looking pen!!! I am glad you uploaded a picture of it. I am looking for a FP for my brother and I think he would like this one. My favourite is Dupont but I am using both the Dupont and Sailor at the moment. Can't make up my mind.

I just google the Sheaffer pen you mentioned. I have never seen it before. In fact this is first time I have seen it. Impressive!! I received a call today from Pen-Ultimate stating that the Noodler's Periwinkle Blue ink has come in. Now I need to find the time to go and get it. Do you use other kind of ink?

InkGirl

I've just flushed the Noodler's Luxury Blue from my Waterman - I got sick of the nib creep (the ink on the nib top). Apparently Noodler's is known for this.

I've just filled it with Waterman Florida Blue, which gives a very crisp but free-flowing line. I'm looking forward to trying it on Rhodia paper in a day or so.

By the way, these people ship throughout Australia (and they've a sister shop for inks, wax, seals, etc)

Damon Young

philosopher & author

Hi Feiye,

Thanks you. You are close to Eastwood. :D. Where do you work? I work around Macquarie Park area. Where do you get your FP from?

I was introduced to Dupont by the owner of the pen shop aptly named Pen Shop in the Wintergraden Plaza in Sydney. What is your favourite FP?

InkGirl

InkGirl - if you have time this Sunday, come join our little coffee and ink session. 10:30-11a meeting at Pen-Ultimate in the QVB.

Haha, Charles from the Pen Shop sold me one of my first pens, a Graf von Faber in guilloche finish back when I was in high school. His taste leans towards the more classic and heavy pens. My favourite pen is my Dupont Nocturne although it changes from time to time as I have too many pens!

In rotation:

Pelikan M400 with Pilot Iroshizuku Momiji

Nakaya Kuro-tame Desk Pen with Platinum Blue

Visconti Van Gogh Maxi with Aurora Black

Twitter: @souveran

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Feiye,

InkGirl

InkGirl - if you have time this Sunday, come join our little coffee and ink session. 10:30-11a meeting at Pen-Ultimate in the QVB.

Haha, Charles from the Pen Shop sold me one of my first pens, a Graf von Faber in guilloche finish back when I was in high school. His taste leans towards the more classic and heavy pens. My favourite pen is my Dupont Nocturne although it changes from time to time as I have too many pens!

Hi Feiye,

I wish I could but I had to be in Canberra for to see a good friend that weekend. Should another such event come up do ping me about it. I would love to meet fellow fountain pens fanatics.

I bought a bottle of Noodler's Periwinkle Blue from Pen Ultimate. I ordered it in and finally picked it up Thursday. Beautiful colour!!! I cannot quite explain the hue.

Yes. That is him - Charles. He sold me my first and second Dupont. He won't sell me certain FPs. He thinks they are over rated. My favourite FP - are my Duponts. However, I love them all and wish I could use them all. At the moment, am using my Sailor 1911 -EF and Dupont EF.

Feiye, there is not such things as too many pens!!! The truth is there is never enough. I asked my Dad to get me lots of Hero pen from his next visit to China.. I used them when I was in school. See how that one goes eh!!

Won't be able to look at pens for awhile. Helping my sister renovate her recently acquired place. :D I get to play with paint instead...

See ya!!

InkGirl.

InkGirl

I've just flushed the Noodler's Luxury Blue from my Waterman - I got sick of the nib creep (the ink on the nib top). Apparently Noodler's is known for this.

I've just filled it with Waterman Florida Blue, which gives a very crisp but free-flowing line. I'm looking forward to trying it on Rhodia paper in a day or so.

By the way, these people ship throughout Australia (and they've a sister shop for inks, wax, seals, etc)

How did you go with the Waterman Florida Blue on Rhodia paper? I'm finding that certain popular ink feathers on diary paper. This can be disappointing but will try with other type of paper.

I found some very nice and tempting pen accessories here.

Ah yes... all those Sisters. Brrrr.....

Hmmm, yes... Sister Godzilla: she of the radioactive breath and the nasty temper...

Pity you couldn't make it last Sunday, it was a good day, though we never did get as far as Kinokuniya.

Kevin. (Who also works in Macquarie Park)

Hello and welcome from just down the road in Wollongong!

Another Lamy 2000/Safari fan here, and also very keen on Noodler's... Just mind you aren't putting Baystate blue in your Safari and you have a very happy combination there!

Actually, speaking of Noodlers, give Coral Sea Blue a try. It's pricey, but such a nice colour! It's all I run in my 2000.

I've been meaning to duck over to one of the Pen-Ultimate shops after my trade course one day, but I don't know if I'd be especially welcome in my Hi-vis trades uniform :P

Perhaps I'll have to come up to the little gathering one weekend.

Peter

:W2FPN: Greetings and Welcome to FPN! :W2FPN:

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Hi there InkGirl from Geelong.

Good taste in the Duponts! They are next on my list to buy.

Glad you are back into pens, but watch out for the ink addiction. Have you tried the Pilot Iroshizuku inks yet? They have to be bought in Japan, but their colours are stunning and the ink behaves so well in pens. And it's such a beautiful bottle.

Glad you are back into pens, but watch out for the ink addiction. Have you tried the Pilot Iroshizuku inks yet? They have to be bought in Japan, but their colours are stunning and the ink behaves so well in pens. And it's such a beautiful bottle.

The Pilot Iroshizuku ink bottles are probably my favourite in terms of appearance. =)

Yuki

http://i54.tinypic.com/16jj9fb.jpg

Follow me on twitter! @crypticjunky

~And the words, they're everything and nothing. I want to search for her in the offhand remarks.~

How did you go with the Waterman Florida Blue on Rhodia paper? I'm finding that certain popular ink feathers on diary paper. This can be disappointing but will try with other type of paper.

I found some very nice and tempting pen accessories here.

I did try the 80gsm Rhodia with the Waterman - it was still a bit rough. For now, I'm happy with the Moleskine, writing with my new Pelikan M200 (which is a joy to write with).

As for Levenger - MUST NOT LOOK.

Damon Young

philosopher & author

The Pilot Iroshizuku ink bottles are probably my favourite in terms of appearance. =)

Yuki

Yuki - you are so right. Those bottles are gorgeous.

- B

Jacbe965

Ah yes... all those Sisters. Brrrr.....

Hmmm, yes... Sister Godzilla: she of the radioactive breath and the nasty temper...

Pity you couldn't make it last Sunday, it was a good day, though we never did get as far as Kinokuniya.

Kevin. (Who also works in Macquarie Park)

Kevin,

Kinokuniya is one of my favourite shops and I can spend hours there. Pity Macquarie Park doesn't have a a pen shop. I had a brilliant time when I was working in the city. I will try to get to attend the next get together.

InkGirl.

PS - Where are you in Macquarie Park? I am on 1 Lyonpark Road.

Edited by InkGirl

Hi Miranda,

Thank you for the compliment. I have to say it was Pen Shop owner who nudged me to buy my first Dupont. No, I have not tried Pilot Iroshizuku inks. The bottles are impressive. I would love to try them.

I get a funny look from my other half when he sees the number of ink bottles increasing on my desk. :D. I am pursuit of a perfect blue ink. :D Sad.. I know.

What other inks are u using?

InkGirl

Welcome to the club InkGirl and greetings from the land of Lake Wobegon! (Not sure if you actually even get to hear that show on the radio in Sydney).

I agree with Yuki and Jacbe965 - a big :thumbup: for the Pilot Iroshizuku inks. Great colors and the bottle is spectacular.

Some care and design went into packaging (which we certainly pay for it with this pricey ink). Looks great on the desk and really nice on the paper! Everyone needs at least one bottle! ;)

Dani Trio Fellowship

Current Rotation

NEW: Dani Trio Sakura Kawa Nuri, Dani Trio Kara Nuri Roiro Migaki, Dani Trio Fellowship Pen, Delta Dolce Vita, Delta Parthinope, Nakaya Piccolo Tame Nuri, Omas Arco Bronze Paragon, Visconti LE Opera Master Demo

VINTAGE: 1912 Weidlich Snake Clip Matchstick Filler, 1925 Uhlmann Eterno Overlay Safety, 1933 Anglo American Overlay Safety, 1941 Parker Major Vacumatic Green

Hello and welcome from just down the road in Wollongong!

Another Lamy 2000/Safari fan here, and also very keen on Noodler's... Just mind you aren't putting Baystate blue in your Safari and you have a very happy combination there!

Actually, speaking of Noodlers, give Coral Sea Blue a try. It's pricey, but such a nice colour! It's all I run in my 2000.

I've been meaning to duck over to one of the Pen-Ultimate shops after my trade course one day, but I don't know if I'd be especially welcome in my Hi-vis trades uniform :P

Perhaps I'll have to come up to the little gathering one weekend.

Peter

Hi Peter,

I used to live in Wollongong area - Corrimal - Bellambi area. My husband worked for BHP -IT - quit before it was sold to CSC. I think a good shop assistant would not be concern what you wear to the shop. Your custom is as good as anyone. You won't know until you try. I bought a number of bottle of Noodler's Ink in numerous shade of blue. :D. I bought Periwinkle Blue - the colour is soft and gentle. Reminds me of a nice early spring morning. I like Lamy 2000/Safari pen. I want to get the limited edition PINK one. :D

I reckon we should have another gathering and bring our favourite FP, ink and compare notes. What is your trade are your learning?

InkGirl.