Greetings from Sydney

InkGirl

Hello All,

I live in Sydney. I have been reading the forum for about 6 months. There are some serious fountain pens lovers and great information here. I just screwed on the courage to sign up for the Forum.

I have been using FP for about 4 years after 10 years of sabbatical. Currenlty using ST Dupont Olympio Medium (EF nib), Lamy Safari (EF nib) and Lamy 2000.

The nickname was given to me by my long suffering better half. :P

Cheers,

InkGirl

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• InkGirl

• DAYoung

• playpen

• Chazzozz

welcome Inkgirl from another Aussie.

and welcome back from sabbatical- I'm going for some long service leave soon and will se it as opportunity to plan my sabbatical! That, and some more fountain pen choices.

I'm currently using a Lamy 2000 too and have been seriously testing it out, having dropped it a few times this week- oops- thankfully it is as tough as nails.

What inks you into??

cheers

________________________________________________________________________________

Love and work... work and love, that's all there is.

Sigmund Freud

(there was a man who obviously never knew fountain pens!)

welcome Inkgirl from another Aussie.

and welcome back from sabbatical- I'm going for some long service leave soon and will se it as opportunity to plan my sabbatical! That, and some more fountain pen choices.

I'm currently using a Lamy 2000 too and have been seriously testing it out, having dropped it a few times this week- oops- thankfully it is as tough as nails.

What inks you into??

cheers

Hi Shrinknib,

I am currently into Noodler's Ink. I love the colours spectrum and the flow. I agree about the Lamy 2000. it is tough as nails but writes beautifully. Oh.. I hope you find some FP gems during your long service leave. :D

Cheers,

InkGirl

Welcome to FPN from NYC! I also love the very saturated inks.

Whereabouts are you in Sydney? I have a twin living near Bondi Beach.

Greetings from SE Qld. You've found the right place to spend some quality time, so pour yourself a cuppa, pack some lunch (it's going to be a while before you resurface again!), and have a good browse around.

Plenty of other Aussies here, they seem to come out when all the rest of the forum has gone to bed. :)

I write, therefore I...write a little more.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

Welcome to FPN from NYC! I also love the very saturated inks.

Whereabouts are you in Sydney? I have a twin living near Bondi Beach.

I live in Eastwood - Inner West. No where near the beach. Bondi is nice. I hope your twin is enjoying his/her stay in Aus. Noodler's Ink are such pleasure to write with. DO you have any favorite color?

She has been there for close to twenty years so I am guessing she is indeed enjoying her stay!

As for colors, I love colors which is why I have over 150 bottles of ink. The more saturated colors tend to catch my eye though. I love Legal Lapis and use it exclusively in my CS Henry Simpole and Namiki Yukari Nightline.

I just finished matching many of my inks to my pens, something I had been meaning to do for a long time.

The color I chose for my new Sailor 1911 with the Cross Emperor nib was Noodler's Dragon's Napalm. What a great color for that nib! :)

Greetings from SE Qld. You've found the right place to spend some quality time, so pour yourself a cuppa, pack some lunch (it's going to be a while before you resurface again!), and have a good browse around.

Plenty of other Aussies here, they seem to come out when all the rest of the forum has gone to bed. :)

Thank you Chazzozz. I have been browsing around the forum, reading some of the entries. There are some pretty cool topics around here. What ink do you use? Which part of SE Qld are you in? My other half is from Brisbane. :D.

She has been there for close to twenty years so I am guessing she is indeed enjoying her stay!

As for colors, I love colors which is why I have over 150 bottles of ink. The more saturated colors tend to catch my eye though. I love Legal Lapis and use it exclusively in my CS Henry Simpole and Namiki Yukari Nightline.

I just finished matching many of my inks to my pens, something I had been meaning to do for a long time.

The color I chose for my new Sailor 1911 with the Cross Emperor nib was Noodler's Dragon's Napalm. What a great color for that nib! :)

That is how long since I have been in Australia. Time sure fly when one is having fun.

Wow!! Impressive!! I am starting with the colour blue because it is my favourite. At the moment, I am using Baystate Blue with the Lamy Safari. The colour makes my knees go weak. :P

Anyway I was told by my pen supplier not to use Noodler's Ink with the Dupont. She was quite insistent about it. She said it will eventually block the feed mechanism of the pen and I would not be able to get it fix. Don't know how true it is. So I am investigating.

I like the combination of ink and pen!! It is cool.

Thank you Chazzozz. I have been browsing around the forum, reading some of the entries. There are some pretty cool topics around here. What ink do you use? Which part of SE Qld are you in? My other half is from Brisbane. :D.

Toowoomba (due west of Brissie).

I must admit to recently developing an 'ink habit'. :)

Previously I was almost exclusively a Private Reserve user, but I've since discovered Noodler's, too, for a decent colour-fix to feed the habit. I've also got plenty of the good 'ol standards: Sheaffer Skrip, Waterman's, and some old-ish Parker Quink with Solv-X (superb for getting a stubborn feed to flow properly).

On my last trip to Bribane I made one of my regular pilgrimages to The Pen Shoppe (the same folks who also run the Pen-Ultimate shops in Sydney) and managed to restrict myself to only one bottle of ink, Noodler's Turqoise, which is what I'm currently using. So bright and cheerful!

I write, therefore I...write a little more.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

Welcome, Inkgirl.

What occasioned the break from FPs?

I lost my pen case in Uni. My favourite FP was in it. The worst thing - my dad gave it to for my bday. I was very upset. I didn't think to replace it. I felt guilty actually. Then my aunt told me my handwriting was atrocious ( she could not read my note) that I realised that ball pens were destorying my handwriting. I have cursive handwriting courtesy of convent school. So back to FP for me.

Edited by InkGirl

Hello All,

I live in Sydney. I have been reading the forum for about 6 months. There are some serious fountain pens lovers and great information here. I just screwed on the courage to sign up for the Forum.

I have been using FP for about 4 years after 10 years of sabbatical. Currenlty using ST Dupont Olympio Medium (EF nib), Lamy Safari (EF nib) and Lamy 2000.

The nickname was given to me by my long suffering better half. :P

Cheers,

InkGirl

My Lamy Safari NIB broke. I bought it yesterday. I am a little numb. Back to shop on Sunday for me. :crybaby:

Ah ha. There's the problem with my handwriting: I never went to convent school!

What a shame - no wonder you didn't want to replace it. But it's good to be back, right?

Ah yes... all those Sisters. Brrrr.....

Yes. I am happy to be back writing with an FP. It makes me more confident with myself. Silly I know but for some reason makes me feel really good. :P

What is your favourite FP?

Toowoomba (due west of Brissie).

I must admit to recently developing an 'ink habit'. :)

Previously I was almost exclusively a Private Reserve user, but I've since discovered Noodler's, too, for a decent colour-fix to feed the habit. I've also got plenty of the good 'ol standards: Sheaffer Skrip, Waterman's, and some old-ish Parker Quink with Solv-X (superb for getting a stubborn feed to flow properly).

On my last trip to Bribane I made one of my regular pilgrimages to The Pen Shoppe (the same folks who also run the Pen-Ultimate shops in Sydney) and managed to restrict myself to only one bottle of ink, Noodler's Turqoise, which is what I'm currently using. So bright and cheerful!

Noodler's colour spectrum is fanstastic. Not all pen shop carries a broad range of them. I find Pen-Ultimate in QVB carries the biggest range in Sydney. They are also willing to order some of colours they don't have in stock. I have one bottle of Private Reserve - Tanzanite. The purple hue is amazing but different from Noodlers' Baystate Concord Grape The intensity is different. I agree the Turqoise is beautiful and I have a bottle. :P I agree - it is pretty hard to restrict oneself when it comes to inks. I get my other half to make the decision for me.