The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Dikawen 622

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tubbypreach

tubbypreach

Lover of Truth

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 July 2009 - 00:23

I am new to FPs so please be kind; this is my first attempt at a FP review. This pen is my first experience with buying off of ebay, and my first extra-fine nib. I was pleasantly impressed with this pen. It is a Dikawen pen with the number 622 written on it opposite of Dikawen. It was described on ebay as: Luscious Dust Blue Fountain Pen Silver Extra Hooded) It is a pretty slender and light pen, but comfortable to hold.

The ink I have in the pen is Chesterfield Mahogany (which I believe is simply repackaged Diamine Saddle Brown) with some MB black added to darken the brown a little bit. When I realized how fine of a line it produced I decided to see how it would do writing Hebrew. I had hoped to find a real fine nib to use in writing Hebrew, and this pen seems to work just fine, it writes pretty well really small.

Over all I have been quite happy with this pen. The only thing I think could have been better is that the clip is rather cheap and not attached all that well. All in all not bad since I paid less than six dollars for the pen and that including shipping from Hong Kong.

100_1734.JPG
100_1740.JPG
100_1756.JPG

Edited by tubbypreach, 22 July 2009 - 18:16.

For if I preach the gospel, I have nothing to boast of, for I am under compulsion; for woe is me if I do not preach the gospel.

Esterbrook: J(x3), SM; 9550, 9668, 9788 / Hero: 616(x3), 329
Inks: Chesterfield Erinite and Mahogany (both darkened with MB Black); Pelikan 4001 Blue Black; Mont Blanc Black

Sponsored Content

#2 White Star

White Star

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 04:38

Nice one, Preach! You can't go wrong for that price. I also have a hooded-nibbed pen (Lamy 2000) and like it lots. Those are excellent verses and it's quite impressive to see you write them in Hebrew. Keep well, Jonathan

#3 Renzhe

Renzhe

Immune

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 July 2009 - 11:31

Nice review, and it's always pleasing to see non-Latin scripts here. Thank you.
Renzhe

#4 AlphAlphA

AlphAlphA

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:24

Sorry to tell you this, but continence/continance, [sp], and countenance are very, very different things.

Sponsored Content

|