Handmade 6-pen Wraps & 2-pen Pouches, third time around!

rainyday2306

To pick your pen wraps and pouches please click here to visit my photo albums.(If the pictures appear too small on your screen, try the "Slideshow" function on the upper left corner of each single album.)

Now, a preview --

Diagonal_Lines_600_x_334_.jpgTie_Dye_600_x_382_.jpgPeace_600_x_391_.jpg3A_5__600_x_450_.jpg

INTRO -- This is the 3rd time I'm presenting these on the FPN. These are made by Ling, a full-time high school teacher in Taiwan who is also a fountain pen and calligraphy enthusiast. She made these wraps, one by one, all by herself, giving great thoughts to every one of them.

Carefully selected fabrics aren't randomly cut to make the most use of materials and save money. Instead she insists on selecting the best patterns possible, even if it means an increase on cost.

Each pen wrap and pouch is well padded to provide substantial protection for your pens while rolled up. In the meantime, high quality layering materials and techniques are used so that they don't appear bulky. They also hold large-sized pens, including MB 149.

PM with your choice and questions.

Pouch_600_x_537_.jpg

PRICES --

* 6-pen Wrap with Magnetic Button -- $45

* 6-pen Wrap with String + Regular ornament, Part I -- $45

* 6-pen Wrap with String + Regular ornament, Part II -- $45

* 6-pen Silk Wrap with special Jade Stone ornament -- $51

* Small pouch that holds 2~3 pens -- $30

CONUS SHIPPING --

$3 for a small pouch;

$5 for a large wrap.

Combined shipping -- $5 maximum no matter how many wraps you purchase.

INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING -- at cost.

SHIPPING TIME --

CONUS usually shipped within 24 hours (postal carrier pick-up daily except Sundays).

International will take longer since I'll have to visit the PO myself, usually on Mondays and Tuesdays.

PAYMENT -- all flavors of PayPal, no extra fees.

Acorns_600_x_715_.jpg

Edited by rainyday2306

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rainyday2306

• Aissa2

• blopplop

• teatime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i bought one a while ago and these are fantastic pen wraps/pouches. The quality is amazing and they will take a sailor susutake pen with room to spare. The design and solidity of the padding and the well designed foldover make this the perfect wrap. (no affiliation, just a very satisfied customer)

Edited by pixwriter

PM sent...

My first choice is 22-A (Camel) if it's no longer on hold.

Second choice is J4.

Third is #5 (blue lines).

I'm getting one piece only. Please email me with your PayPal bill with shipping cost to Manila, Philippines.

Edited by soloworx

Thanks pixwriter, for your kind words. :cloud9:

These pen wraps and pouches have seen many familiar faces over the past year - a big Thank-you to our repeat customers. In the meantime they're also making new friends all over the world. It's always interesting to see how far they travel on this planet, thanks to FPN.

(No worries. You guys are scattered all over the place... Minimal chance to bump into someone carrying the same pen wrap. :lol: )

Btw, please do not shy away if something you like is marked "sold" or "on hold". Although many of the materials are limited in quantities, if they are still available we can always work out a special or custom order. Just ask.

All PMs replied.

PM sent for a possible custom order.

I am also a satisfied customer. The pen wrap I have is lovely, ever so well made and very useful. I prefer these wraps to any leather pen pouch.

These are really well made, good looking wraps with deep and wide pockets that will take any size pen. Highly recommended. Have 2 of these wraps and have a 2 pen pouch on order. Use them to carry my pens on business trips. Like them much better than any leather cases I have ever come across.

Phew, if I only had more pen money I'd be all over one of these! Free bump for these, they look simply amazing!

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

For a bump: I've received my first pen wrap and it's great! :)

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey."

- John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Pelikan M800 Green (18C-750 OM), Pelikan 4001 Königsblau

Pelikan M200 "Citroenpers" (14C-585 M), Diamine Monaco Red

Pelikan M200 "Citroenpers" (14C-585 F), Diamine Prussian Blue

Well, I simply must throw in my .02 worth. I just received my Dragon Fly pen wrap a couple weeks ago. This wrap is stunning! It is well constructed, holds all my oversizes with ease, and is wonderful to look at. As someone stated above, it has replaced my leather one as my go to pen pouch. If I had the money (and enough pens to justify it), I'd buy a couple more.

You will not be disappointed with these wraps.

Dave

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

http://www.the-highw..._questions.html

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii208/blopplop/fpn-verm.jpg

Thanks to every one who has looked at, purchased and/or shown support here! :)

Those paid for were already in the mail either last Friday or today. In the meantime, many pen wraps and pouches are still available. Feel free to PM me with any questions or inquiries.

Also wanted to add that the wraps' area for clipping your pens is reinforced with extra paddings. (All padding materials are imported from Japan and cost triple of other inferior, coarse but thick options). With repeated clippings the fabric won't become slouchy.

Our artist, Ling, has really put much consideration into her designs. If you own a wrap by her, you'll notice the wonderful craftmanship and high class materials she's used. Still, she's constantly thinking about ways to improve. Any suggestions are welcomed, too.

Regards,

Nan

• 2 weeks later...

Exquisite " dragon and bats " arrived while I was away , they were patiently waiting for me ... :)

I do think this is a magical penwrap : when gently tilted, the beautiful" bleu vert " darkens as if suddenly night had fallen, the dragons and bats shine in a dance of gold, red , blue and green ... This is like ink made into silk .

The inside fabric is black , beautiful and smooth , and feels completely secure for the most precious pens . The jade stone wraps itself graciously around ...

Quel plaisir pour le regard , quel plaisir de sentir la douceur de la soie et la fraîcheur du jade.

Merci.

:)

I have ordered these pen wraps on two separate occasions--I can wholeheartedly agree with the others who have testified that these wraps are beautifully made and very functional. In my view you won't find better pen wraps and you won't find a nicer person to deal with than Nan. That's my two cents worth!

Another recommendation for these pouches and the service.

I made my first enquiry on July 25th, regarding a custom-made order, and received my beautifully-made, 10-pen wrap this morning (August 4th) - that's request, fabric choice, complete manufacturing and shipping from Taiwan to the UK in less than 2 weeks!!

The wrap itself is fantastically well-made, with sound, even stitching; I'm planning on using this to cart my pens back and forth to school, and it certainly looks like it's durable enough to take the punishment.

And a huge thanks to Nan for her speedy and friendly communications - an absolute joy to deal with.

Can't wait for my pen pouch to arrive too!

Thanks to Nan and Ling for giving my pens a lovely new home.

Moira.x

Various colours of AL-Stars, all on EF nibs

Graphite Safari, 1.1i

Parker Sonnet Chiselled Tartan, F

Cross Compact in Violet, F

Cross ATX in Victoria Purple, F

Reform 1745

Two Esterbrooks, 2413M and 2668

Awaiting some Manuscript calligraphy pens and Pelikan M205 blue demonstrator

<font size="4">To pick your pen wraps and pouches please click here to visit my photo albums.</font>(If the pictures appear too small on your screen, try the "Slideshow" function on the upper left corner of each single album.)

Now, a preview --

post-10586-1247753507_thumb.jpgpost-10586-1247753524_thumb.jpgpost-10586-1247753513_thumb.jpgpost-10586-1247753481_thumb.jpg

<font size="5">INTRO</font> -- This is the 3rd time I'm presenting these on the FPN. These are made by Ling, a full-time high school teacher in Taiwan who is also a fountain pen and calligraphy enthusiast. She made these wraps, one by one, all by herself, giving great thoughts to every one of them.

Carefully selected fabrics aren't randomly cut to make the most use of materials and save money. Instead she insists on selecting the best patterns possible, even if it means an increase on cost.

Each pen wrap and pouch is well padded to provide substantial protection for your pens while rolled up. In the meantime, high quality layering materials and techniques are used so that they don't appear bulky. They also hold large-sized pens, including MB 149.

PM with your choice and questions.

post-10586-1247753518_thumb.jpg

<font size="5">PRICES</font> --

* 6-pen Wrap with Magnetic Button -- $45

* 6-pen Wrap with String + Regular ornament, Part I -- $45

* 6-pen Wrap with String + Regular ornament, Part II -- $45

* 6-pen Silk Wrap with special Jade Stone ornament -- $51

* Small pouch that holds 2~3 pens -- $30

CONUS SHIPPING --

$3 for a small pouch;

$5 for a large wrap.

Combined shipping -- $5 maximum no matter how many wraps you purchase.

INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING -- at cost.

SHIPPING TIME --

CONUS usually shipped within 24 hours (postal carrier pick-up daily except Sundays).

International will take longer since I'll have to visit the PO myself, usually on Mondays and Tuesdays.

PAYMENT -- all flavors of PayPal, no extra fees.

post-10586-1247753530_thumb.jpg

PM sent

Thank you! You have all been too kind. Also, thanks to everyone who has been patiently waiting for new pen wraps to surface. Sometimes it'll take long to ready new selections since Ling and I both have full-time jobs (and lives :P ).

Another thing to mention is that your favorite fabric or ornamet from old albums may become unavailable no matter how much we'd like to keep them. As of now this is beyond our control. That also adds to the fun of purchasing a handmade product, though. You just never know what pleasant surprise is to come next.

Ling has once again made some improvements. Newer pen wraps will have thinner foldover flaps and a cleaner edge at the top. These wraps are neither bulky nor heavy, perfect for carrying pens in your purse or briefcase.

Alas, the latest selections are here -- Click here to check out my updated photo albums.

- Nan -

Now, the eye candies --

Ethnic_Blue_White_Dye.jpg

Green_Acorns.jpg

Yellow_Silk.jpg

19C_2__600_x_735_.jpg

Greyish_Blue_Dye.jpg

bump :D

Pelikan M800 red/black XF, Lamy Raspberry All-Star XF,Pilot VP red/rhodium,Bexley Americana Strawberry swirl,Lamy Limited Ed. Pink 2009

Lamy L.E. 2008,Pelikan M400 black FP,Lamy Vista demon., Lamy L.E.2005, Charcoal Lamy 1.5 nib, Pelikan M600 green/black med. nib

Ink: Diamine Red, Red, Red....

Just an update --

All in stock pen wrap orders have been shipped from the USA as of today.

All customized pen wrap orders have been shipped from Taiwan except for one (Hares).

Folks, feel free to PM if you have any questions about these pen wraps and pouches.

Thank you! :)

Nan

• Most Contributions

1. amberleadavis
      amberleadavis
    2. PAKMAN
      PAKMAN
    3. Ghost Plane
      Ghost Plane
    4. inkstainedruth
      inkstainedruth
    5. jar
      jar
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Comments

• Shanghai Knife Dude
      I have the Sailor Naginata and some fancy blade nibs coming after 2022 by a number of new workshop from China.  With all my respect, IMHO, they are all (bleep) in doing chinese characters.  Go use a bush, or at least a bush pen. 
    • A Smug Dill
      It is the reason why I'm so keen on the idea of a personal library — of pens, nibs, inks, paper products, etc. — and spent so much money, as well as time and effort, to “build” it for myself (because I can't simply remember everything, especially as I'm getting older fast) and my wife, so that we can “know”; and, instead of just disposing of what displeased us, or even just not good enough to be “given the time of day” against competition from >500 other pens and >500 other inks for our at
    • adamselene
      Agreed.  And I think it’s good to be aware of this early on and think about at the point of buying rather than rationalizing a purchase..
    • A Smug Dill
      Alas, one cannot know “good” without some idea of “bad” against which to contrast; and, as one of my former bosses (back when I was in my twenties) used to say, “on the scale of good to bad…”, it's a spectrum, not a dichotomy. Whereas subjectively acceptable (or tolerable) and unacceptable may well be a dichotomy to someone, and finding whether the threshold or cusp between them lies takes experiencing many degrees of less-than-ideal, especially if the decision is somehow influenced by factors o
    • adamselene
      I got my first real fountain pen on my 60th birthday and many hundreds of pens later I’ve often thought of what I should’ve known in the beginning. I have many pens, the majority of which have some objectionable feature. If they are too delicate, or can’t be posted, or they are too precious to face losing , still they are users, but only in very limited environments..  I have a big disliking for pens that have the cap jump into the air and fly off. I object to Pens that dry out, or leave blobs o
  • Chatbox

You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
  • Files