What have you bought lately

TheNobleSavage

This is my monthly question to ask all you pen lovers out there. What pens have you bought in the past couple of weeks?

As for me, I bought the following:

Visconti Kaleido Voyager LE with a Broad Binderized stub

Stipula Etruria Amber Celluloid with .9 Stub nib

Copper Sheaffer Legacy wit Factory Stub

Bexley Classique Red Pearl with fine nib swapped to a Stub

Platinum Very Presidential in Double Broad Nib

I also reserved #30 of the 3rd anniversary Parkville pen by Bexley with a stub Nib.

http://www.parkvillepen.com/sitebuilder/images/atbchocprototype-framed-742x196.jpg

I am still wanting a Delta DolceVita OS and a Sailor King Of Pen with the woodgrain ebonite finish. Maybe when my bonus comes in, Ill be able to afford them.

Let me know what you all got!!

TNS

Check Out my Fountain Pen and Ink Review Sites

Fountain Pen Reviews

Ink Reviews

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brian Anderson

• TheNobleSavage

• saintsimon

• amh210

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just got married and moved into a new (old) house, so my pen budget is limited of late. A few weeks back, I got one of the brown Bexley Owner's Club LE's with a stub nib. Great pen; really iffy filling system. I also got the Etruria Volterra LE with a 1.3mm italic nib. Beautiful pen, as I described on another thread, and a wonderfully smooth, fluid nib.

I have reserved #7 of Dennis' new LE. This one I am going to get with a B nib. I like Bexley nibs as a rule, but I will try the B nib and if I don't care for its ink flow I will ship it to a nib Meister for customization. But I am really loking forward to the ebonite pen.

Just for fun, from the PT green board, I have a yellow Waterman Charleston with a Binderized M italic nib underway and an old style Pelikan 400 with a F nib.

These might be my purchases for the summer. But, what the heck, I have time to enjoy inks and paper.

Hi.

My newest is a Danitrio prototype Alphaplus in blue and black acrylic.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j286/french_lewis/my%20pens/IMG_2170.jpg

The pen has a narrow-medium steel Iridium Point Germany nib which is smooth as butter.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j286/french_lewis/my%20pens/IMG_2169.jpg

Here is a picture of the pen open

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j286/french_lewis/my%20pens/IMG_2167.jpg

I'm working on a review.

French

Right on!!! I hope you enjoy your pen as much as I enjoy mine!!!

As for the Bexley Owners Club, the filling is not a good as I hoped for, so now I triple the capacity by filling it as I would an eyedropper. I unscrew the nib carefully and then I fill the pen up using an eyedropper. It seems to hold a good amount of ink. When you screw the nib back on, be careful and not screw it too tight so the next time you fill it up, you wont bend or twist your tines all out of wack.

TNS

Check Out my Fountain Pen and Ink Review Sites

Fountain Pen Reviews

Ink Reviews

Parker "51" made in the 4th Quarter of 1948.

Black with a Lustaloy cap.

Speedline filler.

Medium nib.

$20!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

...I got one of the brown Bexley Owner's Club LE's...

I have reserved #7 of Dennis' new LE...

I'm going crazy buying Bexleys lately. And, yes, I do like the Owners Club a lot. I don't see the point in some vendor-specific LE's, at least ones with a bunch of writing on them; they remind me of the cheap advertizing pens I'm constantly given.

Oh, in the last couple weeks? Visconti Van Gogh, Bexley Celebration, Sailor 1911 (music nib), Hero 100 (teal), Lamy Safari (blue/red version), not including a Pelikan M625 on order.

Bill

What are you nuts?????

NO WAY.... my wife sometimes reads over my shoulder...

I go out of my way to collect the mail while she is doing something else...

Well...

- Pelikan M1000

- Pelikan M200 "Citroenpers" (2)

- Parker "51" Aeromatic 19??

- Lamy Safari

- Hero Workerbee (2)

Now I must be strong and refrain from buying more pens for a while...

Yeah, right... :P

Edited by HyperCamper

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey."

- John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Pelikan M800 Green (18C-750 OM), Pelikan 4001 Königsblau

Pelikan M200 "Citroenpers" (14C-585 M), Diamine Monaco Red

Pelikan M200 "Citroenpers" (14C-585 F), Diamine Prussian Blue

My Danitrio Raw Ebonite Densho with a nice M flex nib has been the only pen purchased of late.

Breastfeeding is the only 'natural user inteface'.

Coming soon to my house! :)

A Gold-plated Sheaffer Imperial. *BLING* :D

post-4-1148671179_thumb.jpg

"There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't."

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/5673/inkdz2.png

This last month was rather busy for me. I Bought these two, a Sheaffer Statesman, and Esterbrook LK with 9048 nib:

http://static.flickr.com/47/150832630_e83c4e1394_o.jpg

And bought the black Waterman's here, and fixed the grey up:

http://static.flickr.com/50/152023744_9cbfc16b5b_o.jpg

"The older I get, the more I realize I'm getting older".

hi,

being 65 i forget easily...elaine read this with compassion and happiness for me. recently, i bought a black matte legacy with a stub nib, a mabie-todd blackbird, with a flexi nib. a small, gold filled sheaffer with a semi-flex nib, a lamy abc pen, a sheaffer aspen balance with a medium nib from chris chalmers. i also bought a few red esterbrooks. i am very happy with my pens--now no more pens until washington.

:bunny1: :meow: :bunny1: :meow:

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

:ltcapd: :roflmho: :ltcapd: :roflmho: :rolleyes:

Edited by aunt rebecca

Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking- william butler yeats
Unless you are educated in metaphor, you are not safe to be let loose in the world. robert frost

Just one in the month of May, a DaniTrio AvantGarde ($27 pen) currently riding in my pocket for its test flight. This thing is a tank!

Looking forward to the Raleigh show and maybe a new pen or just lots of new accessories.

As for the Bexley Owners Club, the filling is not a good as I hoped for, so now I triple the capacity by filling it as I would an eyedropper. I unscrew the nib carefully and then I fill the pen up using an eyedropper. It seems to hold a good amount of ink. When you screw the nib back on, be careful and not screw it too tight so the next time you fill it up, you wont bend or twist your tines all out of wack.

TNS

I find it fills better when you have gravity on your side (i.e. use a Visconti Inkpot). The stub is a little big for me - I may end up getting another nib.

So here's my list:

OMAS Paragon Blue Royale

OMAS Ogiva Vision

Parker 51 Vac (Cedar Blue, Lustaroy Cap) - yes, I finally succumbed to you p51-evangelists

Lamy Safari Blue & Red

Lamy ABC (1 Blue, 1 Red)

As always, I'm looking for Tibaldi pens of the '90s that are missing from my collection (Transparente, Modello 60 in red/green & brown/blue, Bononia)...

Geaux Tigers! Visça el Barça!

WTB: MB Kafka, Lamy Safari 2009 Orange, Pilot MYU (Black or Clear/White Stripe), Seiko FrankenTuna SKZ253 / SKZ255

Oh boy, last couple of weeks?

Ummm....

Waterman 412

Parker Duofold Sr.

Waterman 12 1/2 (gift)

Blue Esterbrook J (believe it or not, I didn't have this specific lever variant)

Green HR pen, forget the brand right now

some other esterbrook for parts.

Probably something else I'm forgetting.

All in all, a pretty slow couple of weeks. :D :lol:

Glad to see others are buying lots of pens too. At least I can point my wife to FPN and call it the "support" group. :lol:

Best-

Brian

www.esterbrook.net All Esterbrook, All the Time.

a mabie-todd blackbird, with a flexi nib.

How about a pic of that mabie todd blackbird? I just love those MT's. :)

Best-

Brian

Last two weeks - A Wahl Oxford in brown hatched, and A Craig ring-top.

John

So if you have a lot of ink,

You should get a Yink, I think.

- Dr Suess

Always looking for pens by Baird-North, Charles Ingersoll, and nibs marked "CHI"

This was a good week.

2 snorks, 1 with the gold snorkel. Restored, shined up, and gorgeous.

3 Parker 45's. Two are mint with half the box still with price stickers ($5.00 and $7.50). One has an orangy red barrel and the other has an light olive green barrel. The third is a match for the light olive green barrel but is a bit inked and used. Writes nice. Haven't tried the others.

1 lovely green stripey Diamond Point (you may have seen it on ebay).

5 pens in an ebay lot that inluded a Waterman 52 BHR but in need of a clip.

Two Rotring Rivette, one white and one blue brand new.

1 Rotring Altro in VERY pink. Gave this one to Inky Pinky in the hope of getting my yellow Rotring Rivette returned. I never approved of having pink ink in a yellow pen anyway.

1 Sterling Silver Fountain Pen Tie Clip

1 Green Estie J in good shape with crappy nib (easiest fix ever)

1 Estie J copper fp and pencil matched set (really looks cool).

Wearever matched fp and pencil set in a cracked ice pattern but black and greens

1 Wearever tan with caramel rivers running through the plastic

1 little bitty Waterman's Ideal bhr (now brown) about 3" long

I wish I could figure out how to do the closeup photo thing and shar. Some of these are beautiful. When I take the photos they are either fuzzy or too far away to make out any details. The problem is either the camera or that stupid thing that pushes the button.

Yes indeed, a good week!

Andy B)

"Andy Hoffman" Sandy Ego, CA

Torrey View is Andy's BlOG and Facebook me! If you visit my blog, click on the ad. I'll send all proceeds to charity.

For my minutiae, FOLLOW my Twitter.

This was a good week.

2 snorks, 1 with the gold snorkel. Restored, shined up, and gorgeous.

3 Parker 45's. Two are mint with half the box still with price stickers ($5.00 and $7.50). One has an orangy red barrel and the other has an light olive green barrel. The third is a match for the light olive green barrel but is a bit inked and used. Writes nice. Haven't tried the others.

1 lovely green stripey Diamond Point (you may have seen it on ebay).

5 pens in an ebay lot that inluded a Waterman 52 BHR but in need of a clip.

Two Rotring Rivette, one white and one blue brand new.

1 Rotring Altro in VERY pink. Gave this one to Inky Pinky in the hope of getting my yellow Rotring Rivette returned. I never approved of having pink ink in a yellow pen anyway.

1 Sterling Silver Fountain Pen Tie Clip

1 Green Estie J in good shape with crappy nib (easiest fix ever)

1 Estie J copper fp and pencil matched set (really looks cool).

Wearever matched fp and pencil set in a cracked ice pattern but black and greens

1 Wearever tan with caramel rivers running through the plastic

1 little bitty Waterman's Ideal bhr (now brown) about 3" long

Sure, tease us why don't you.

Lots of things in there I'd love to see more of.

Diamond Point, Waterman, Waterman, Snorkle...

Does your camera have a macro setting? Most do now a days, and you'll need it to take any decent pen shot. I'm sure there are worse photographers out there, wait a minute, I know there are, :D so give it a shot (pardon the pun). Some of us need to live vicariously through others.

Yes indeed, Nice week! Congrats!

Brian