The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Edison #76

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 brianw06

brianw06

UB-in NJ

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Location:3rd Planet in Orions Belt Also referred to as New Jersey

Posted 08 July 2009 - 00:56

At the same time I received my Pearl Demonstrator I received this #76. Brian and I had conversed in emails toward the beginning of May about doing a Pearl in a translucent color and also this #76. I ordered the pen on around 5/12. Because of the Chicago Pen Show and the release of his new pen the Brockton. I was forewarned it would take till middle June to get my pens Brian communicated well and I was able to watch the pen being Born on his web cam. What a thrill

76_2.JPG

Shipping - 10/10 – The pen arrived wrapped in a blue cloth encased in a plastic tube. Well cushioned and protected. Packing of the box was exemplary. When I unwrapped the pen, the vibrancy of the stock used to make the pen was shocking Even after seeing pictures of the stock, the web cam, and pictures sent by Brian after completion the beauty of the caramel swirl was stunning.

Fit/Finish – 10/10 –The fit and finish of this pen is superb. Pictures do not depict the way this pen is put together or feel in the hand. The cap really does not post, but I am not a cap poster

76_tip.JPG

Nib Performance- 10/10 – I ordered the upgraded steel nib, two tone, ground to a CI 6.0. . The nib is smooth and gives a slight feed back. The performance of this nib is on par with my gold nibs in other pens ground the same way.

76_3.JPG

Overall Impressions of this pen -30/30 – When I ordered and received this pen there were no reviews of this model. Since then one in tortoise was reviewed. Again Brian has hit a homerun. This pen is superb and can be used as a C/C or eyedropper. As a eyedropper it holds a ton of ink.
This was my third Edison pen, since I received this pen I also have received a Herald and a prototype is due here this week….. I’ve got to get off this Merry-go-round

Please do not listen to me. My opinions do not count

Sponsored Content

#2 bardharlock

bardharlock

Stormin' Mormon

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 July 2009 - 01:08

Hmm, maybe after Christmas I can get the Edison I want. Gorgeous pen and you are lucky there, Brian. My name is Brian too. And a Brian made your pen. How odd.

Edited by bardharlock, 08 July 2009 - 01:09.

"In this world... you must be oh, so smart, or oh, so pleasant. Well for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant."

#3 Glenn-SC

Glenn-SC

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,128 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 01:17

Brian, wonderful pen!

Love the material too.

I ALMOST ordered a herald in this color.

Thanks for the pictures.

#4 Brian

Brian

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,432 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 22:51

I must have missed this earlier. I also ordered a #76 but am inquiring if it can be done in BHR. I like the shape and the lack of embellishment. It will be interesting to hold one in the hand. I understand this is also a big 6" pen with the cap on! I am hoping that writing performance can be adjusted to have a wetter nib as well.

BTW, how many turns does it take to get the cap on or off?

Thanks for the review. Nice pen.

#5 roger3

roger3

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 July 2009 - 23:21

That is one fine looking pen!
Ithink I will choose caramel swirl for my next Edison which will take shape as a Pearl.

I have the very last Premier Edition 76 turned from Tibaldi Celluloid and 18kt Edison gold F nib and a green/black ebonite Herald same nib. Of course the pens are a delight and write superbly. I wish only that I could put together thoughts into words that might equal the elegance of Brian Gray's handiwork.
May you and those you love, be always blessed with peace and never ending joy.
Roger

#6 bardharlock

bardharlock

Stormin' Mormon

• Member - Gold

• 972 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 July 2009 - 23:37

Brian, you mention that the cap doesn't really post on this pen and since you have many Edison pens I was curious if you could tell me which ones do post? Oh, and which of his pens is a smallish pen?
"In this world... you must be oh, so smart, or oh, so pleasant. Well for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant."

#7 brianw06

brianw06

UB-in NJ

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Location:3rd Planet in Orions Belt Also referred to as New Jersey

Posted 10 July 2009 - 00:39

QUOTE (bardharlock @ Jul 9 2009, 07:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Brian, you mention that the cap doesn't really post on this pen and since you have many Edison pens I was curious if you could tell me which ones do post? Oh, and which of his pens is a smallish pen?

Please check my post on the prototype... I included a picture of the 5 edisons I own. Also is a "51 " flighter for comparison Of the pens the Herald, Glenmont, and the Proto Post.
Please do not listen to me. My opinions do not count

#8 bardharlock

bardharlock

Stormin' Mormon

• Member - Gold

• 972 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 July 2009 - 02:46

QUOTE (brianw06 @ Jul 9 2009, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (bardharlock @ Jul 9 2009, 07:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Please check my post on the prototype... I included a picture of the 5 edisons I own. Also is a "51 " flighter for comparison Of the pens the Herald, Glenmont, and the Proto Post.

Very much obliged!

#9 Philip1209

Philip1209

Quantum Mechanic

• Member - Gold

• 879 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 03:03

Beautiful pen! Does the cap have a clip?

Sponsored Content

|