The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Visconti Van Gogh

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 FP Writing

FP Writing

FP Writing

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 July 2009 - 01:41

Hi
i did a short write up with the Visconti Midi Van Gogh. It is in my box for so long, and one afternoon, i just picked it up
and did a short write up. The nib elegant carving design is always an attraction

Sponsored Content

#2 MidnightBlue

MidnightBlue

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,154 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 02:11

I'm glad you found the nib precisely as I did. I thought it was just me. I have this exact same pen and the nib is incredibly fine for a medium, with absolutely no flex. Other people's findings have differed so much. Curiously, you say it's a little light unposted: I think mine weighs a ton even unposted because of the heavy metal section.
thanks

#3 FP Writing

FP Writing

FP Writing

• Member - Gold

• 949 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 July 2009 - 02:29

QUOTE (MidnightBlue @ Jul 7 2009, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm glad you found the nib precisely as I did. I thought it was just me. I have this exact same pen and the nib is incredibly fine for a medium, with absolutely no flex. Other people's findings have differed so much. Curiously, you say it's a little light unposted: I think mine weighs a ton even unposted because of the heavy metal section.
thanks

Thanks i suppose
weight can be subjective, dependent very much on style of writing and the way we hold our pens as well

best regards

#4 italiansallion

italiansallion

No Doubt

• Member - Gold

• 1,366 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 July 2009 - 04:40

i love these pens, and have one in the maxi size

#5 Okami

Okami

Writing Is Thinking In Ink

• Member - Gold

• 1,133 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 July 2009 - 17:04

Nice review - thanks. I love my Midi.

"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face." ~ Ben Williams

My social media sites Via Gravatar

Join Pen Collectors of America

#6 breaker

breaker

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 17:45

nice review
Cogito ergo sum

#7 Ghost Writer

Ghost Writer

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 17:51

These are certainly well made pens that feel solid in your hand. If I recall even the inner cap threads are metal and the pocket clip is a work of art. I especially like that the clip can be adjusted for thickness of the material it will overlap. Nice review!

Sponsored Content

|