What ink(s) are you waiting for in the mail?

dizzypen

Ruth, here is a link to a post with large images of the De Atramentis ink:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/279613-shawndo-sample-mayhem-de-atramentis-johann-sebastian-bach/

Thanks. I can pass on that ink (I tend to prefer browns that lean more sepia than red).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• inkstainedruth

• PithyProlix

• mizgeorge

I'm waiting for samples of:

Taccia AO, Cha Brown, Ebi and Sharaku Kurocha;

Robert Oster Caffé Crema, Dragon's Night, Golden Brown, Hot Pink and Ng Special '16;

Montegrappa Coffee Brown and Fuchsia;

Stipula Deep Blue, Fading Grey and Sepia;

Papier Plume New Orleans Collection Calle Real and Mardi Gras;

Kobe #3, 9, 25, 29, 32, 37, 40, 41, 51, 52, 56, 62, and 71;

L'Artisan Pastellier Callifolio Bleu Méditerranée, Ultramarine and Violet; Classiques Bleu, Fuchsia, Marron Brown and Violette; and

P.W. Akkerman #1, 3, 5, 11, 12, 16, 23, 29 and Dutch Masters #1 and 11.

I might get Papier Plume Regular inks Burgundy, Forget-me-not, Maroon, Midnight Blue, Pecan, Sepia and Violet in my next batch. I'm just not sure how different they are than L'Artisan Pastellier inks. I read that their inks are made in New Orleans, but I've also read that the inks are bottled in New Orleans but that the inks come from a French ink maker. I don't know which one though (Herbin or L'AP perhaps?) - or even if it's true. Apparently, all these three share a pastel-iness to them.

But again, this is hearsay - or readsay. Don't believe everything you read on the Internet!

Kobe #9, my favorite! I like it best on the paper in the Rhodia tablets--not the slicker Clairefontaine paper, which I don't like at all--but it's nice and well behaved on other papers also.

I've ordered three more inks: :blush:

• Pelikan Edelstein Moonstone
  • Visconti Blue

Ha! I received notification from Cult Pens (or, rather, it arrived while I slept) less than an hour after you posted the above that my outstanding orders, including a bottle each of those two inks, have been dispatched by DHL. I'm guessing the package(s?) will be here in the first half of next week.

Also in it/them are 18 Rhodia Dotpads (in A5 size, because I'd like to "waste" less paper when I mess up a sheet and have to start over), and two new pens. w00t!

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

I don't know what's wrong with me, but I ordered another bottle of Platinum Blue Black. I guess I'm boring, but I'm a passionate sort of boring.

I don't know what's wrong with me, but I ordered another bottle of Platinum Blue Black. I guess I'm boring, but I'm a passionate sort of boring.

Are you out and need to refill, or you hoarding stocking up? :P

I ordered a 20ml bottle of Sailor Shikiori Four Seasons: Nioi Sumire.

Best I can tell, it's a nice medium blue. I have a KOP on the way from r/pen_swap, so I thought I would try out a Sailor ink with it. I hope I won't have trouble filling it from the little bottle! I wanted to try out Sailor's Sailor Blue, but it cost a lot more. Maybe next time.

I think I will also grab a box of Sailor carts in Jentle Black or Kiwaguro, just to have on hand.

Are you out and need to refill, or you hoarding stocking up? :P

I have 1.5 bottles worth right now, but I've found that I've suddenly had the distinct urge to "stock up" on some inks, including Platinum Blue Black and Platinum Carbon ink, so that I will now, effectively, have 2.5 bottles of each. I'm not normally a hoarder, and I usually get one bottle of ink and use it all the way up before replacing it. So...strange compulsion for two such straightforward, though very nice, inks.

I used to be that way. But after knocking a nearly full 4-1/2 oz. bottle of Noodler's Kung Te Cheng off the bathroom counter, and then having to wait something like six weeks for it to get back in stock at Goulet Pens, I now try to have backups of inks that I really like -- especially ones that are less easy to get. Which is why when I could re-order it, I bought two bottles of KTC, and why I bought two backup bottles of De Atramentis Red Roses (scented) ink as well. (Kicking myself now that I didn't get a backup bottle of MB Leo Tolstoy when I had the chance -- in spite of the price -- and now, even though I'm not out, I've been trying to find a replacement ink for when I *do*....)

For inks that are regularly stocked and easily available, I'm less concerned. And I don't always buy LE inks either (although I did stock up on some Iroshizuku inks last fall at the Ohio Pen Show in anticipation of the impending price increase -- especially when some of the vendors at the show were selling them for $20 US a bottle... :rolleyes:). But when I find something I really like, I don't ever want to be without it when I want to ink a pen up on any given notice.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I used to be that way. But after knocking a nearly full 4-1/2 oz. bottle of Noodler's Kung Te Cheng off the bathroom counter, and then having to wait something like six weeks for it to get back in stock at Goulet Pens, I now try to have backups of inks that I really like -- especially ones that are less easy to get. Which is why when I could re-order it, I bought two bottles of KTC, and why I bought two backup bottles of De Atramentis Red Roses (scented) ink as well. (Kicking myself now that I didn't get a backup bottle of MB Leo Tolstoy when I had the chance -- in spite of the price -- and now, even though I'm not out, I've been trying to find a replacement ink for when I *do*....)

For inks that are regularly stocked and easily available, I'm less concerned. And I don't always buy LE inks either (although I did stock up on some Iroshizuku inks last fall at the Ohio Pen Show in anticipation of the impending price increase -- especially when some of the vendors at the show were selling them for $20 US a bottle... :rolleyes:). But when I find something I really like, I don't ever want to be without it when I want to ink a pen up on any given notice.

Sounds reasonable to me. Did it take the whole 6 weeks of waiting to clean the KTC out of the bathroom? :P

It's probably still happily marking that bathroom, as it will for the next 6 centuries :D

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

It's probably still happily marking that bathroom, as it will for the next 6 centuries :D

Yup. That.

There are still KTC stains in the grout. And I think on the front of the (white) bathtub -- and that was about 7 years ago at this point....

Of course there are also KTC stains on the top of my grandparents' dresser -- although now hidden by the printer -- and on the side of the box spring, and several places on various sets of sheets....

(Don't ask.... :blush:)

ETA: That being said, it's probably time to put it back into a pen and put it and the pen into rotation.... B)

Edited by inkstainedruth

and on the side of the box spring, and several places on various sets of sheets....

(Don't ask.... :blush:)

I'm not going to ask, but talk about getting kinky with ink. Oh my. Noodler's ink certainly leaves a mark on people's lives, one way or the other. :)

:lol:

It's not what you think, really.

I have shelves next to the bed where I keep some of the boxes I store ink in, and the top shelf is where the canister of inked up pens lives (as does my alarm clock and medications, and my morning pages journal). I often sit on the bed when I'm filling pens, and nearly always write the journal entries before I actually get up, unless I have to be someplace super early (like an estate sale or are traveling) -- in which case the journal then gets written while I have breakfast :rolleyes:, or, if my husband is driving, in the car.

But, well, on occasion I might drop a pen, if the cap is off. And well, if it's KTC it's there FOREVER.... (The stuff on top of my grandparents' dresser is from a failed attempt to fill a pen with an eyedropper through the feed.... :blush:)

edited for typos

Edited by inkstainedruth

I have 1.5 bottles worth right now, but I've found that I've suddenly had the distinct urge to "stock up" on some inks, including Platinum Blue Black and Platinum Carbon ink, so that I will now, effectively, have 2.5 bottles of each. I'm not normally a hoarder, and I usually get one bottle of ink and use it all the way up before replacing it. So...strange compulsion for two such straightforward, though very nice, inks.

I've just had I-don't-know how many bottles of ink arrive yesterday; I'll have to check the paperwork to know. Fourteen or fifteen bottles, mostly blues. Among those, a bottle of Platinum Blue-Black. Sometimes "hoarding" is just about opportunistic purchases, either when the prices are low, (and/)or when you need to pad an order to qualify for free shipping and thus "save" money by spending it on tangible products instead of intangible delivery service.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

I've just had I-don't-know how many bottles of ink arrive yesterday; I'll have to check the paperwork to know. Fourteen or fifteen bottles, mostly blues. Among those, a bottle of Platinum Blue-Black. Sometimes "hoarding" is just about opportunistic purchases, either when the prices are low, (and/)or when you need to pad an order to qualify for free shipping and thus "save" money by spending it on tangible products instead of intangible delivery service.

I get that, though I don't have nearly the appetite for ink that you do! I'm not sure there are fifteen inks right now that I would actually want to pick up.

I get that, though I don't have nearly the appetite for ink that you do! I'm not sure there are fifteen inks right now that I would actually want to pick up.

Most of them are "duplicates" or "hoards" of what I already have. Only Diamine Steel Blue, Visconti Blue, Pelikan Edelstein Moonstone, (boring but since so many of my fellows seem to want to use it as a point of reference conceptually) Waterman Serenity Blue and Pelikan 4001 Brilliant Black are new to me.

I also got 22 Rhodia Dotpads as "padding" for my orders, but there is only so many you can get before the retailer complain about the gross weight of the shipment and/or run out of available stock to sell.

Visconti Blue

A rare instance of my liking an ink enough to finish the bottle AND wanting more.

Edit: 56 minutes later and it has arrived... thank you, Amazon. It does seem cheap using plastic for the bottle, but I quite like the novel design, and find it stable enough when assembled correctly.

Edited by RJS

Should have these next week:

KWZ Dromgoole's Exclusive Discovery Green (another sheen ink)

Dromgoole's Noodler's Churchill's True Blue Anti-Fascist (that's a mouthful)

Both looked too interesting to pass up when I put in an order earlier today.

Edited by avlisyar

PenBBS #178 Rose Quartz