What ink(s) are you waiting for in the mail?

dizzypen

Right now, I'm waiting on some samples:

Robert Oster Carbon Fire and Grey Seas (the review someone did of Grey Seas completely won me over).

Ferris Wheel Tanzanite Sky (this will be my first foray into the Ferris wheel line).

Noodler's Purple Mountains Majesties.

I had a bunch of other samples in the cart, but decided that I could wait on some (they were brands/colors that weren't going anywhere anytime soon, and/or were a mite too pricy -- especially since I was also ordering two pens). And I thought about getting some Noodler's Harold's Hearse, as a joke gift for my husband -- until I saw how badly it feathered on the swatch card image.... :( There were also a few that just weren't in stock at Vanness, like a sample of Edelstein Moonstone, and De Atramentis Pompadour Pink.

But I will live to sample another day....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Vanness has such a great wide selection.

Pen Chalet doesnt have quite as many, but they tend to put a little color dot on top the sample bottle. Both sellers do nice big samples, compared to Goulet.

Of course, Goulet has those lovely theme sets, as well as the Surprise Me option. And tootsie pops.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• inkstainedruth

• PithyProlix

• mizgeorge

Waiting on KWZ Discovery Green (Dromgoole's), Lamy Turmaline, and Monteverde Iced Cookie (along with a Kaweco turquoise sport pen).

Ordered from Cult Pens: Diamine Triple Chocolate - the Inkvent colour now available in the cute four-legged bottle - and Diamine 150th Anniversary Safari that comes in the triangular bottle.

Not ink, but to fill out the order and make it worth the long, slow journey the package will undertake, I added a Faber-Castell clutch pencil, the simple 2mm TK9400 with 2B marking and a box of refills for it.

Will work for pens... :unsure:

I just ordered a bottle of Shaeffer Blue-Black from Vanness. Been meaning to try a bottle of modern Skrip for awhile now, and I can always use another blue black ink.

Having decided to use a different pen and ink each week for my notes that I make whilst working from home during the current lockdown, and moved on today to bottle 4 (Diamine Oxford Blue) of my last 4 bottle order, it was time to order some more and I'm now waiting for 4 more Diamine inks to arrive from the Writing Desk:

• Salamander
  • Red Dragon
  • Eclipse
  • Macassar

"If you want to succeed in the world, you don't have to be much cleverer than other people. You just have to be one day earlier." -- Leo Szilard

Oh, and I also ordered some more Schmidt G2 refills (black and purple - the last lot were blue and turquoise) to get all the Parker Jotters lying around the house back on line. Don't know why, I rarely use a ball point these days!

"If you want to succeed in the world, you don't have to be much cleverer than other people. You just have to be one day earlier." -- Leo Szilard

I have put it off for so long, but yesterday I ordered a bottle of Pilot Iroshizuku Ama-iro. And I also ordered a bottle of Diamine Steel Blue.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

R&K 2020 Spec. Ed. "Kastanien Braun" & a back-up bottle of Platinum Blue/Black

*Sailor 1911S, Black/gold, 14k. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *1911S blue "Colours", 14k. H-B "M" BLS (PB)

*2 Sailor 1911S Burgundy/gold: 14k. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 14k. 1.1 mm. CI (JM)

*Sailor Pro-Gear Slim Spec. Ed. "Fire",14k. (factory) "H-B"

*Kaweco SPECIAL FP: 14k. "B",-0.6 mm BLS & 14k."M" 0.4 mm. BLS (PB)

*Kaweco Stainless Steel Lilliput, 14k. "M" -0.7 mm.BLS, (PB)

Montblanc James Purdey & Sons, Single Malt Scented Brown and JFK Navy Blue!

Montblanc James Purdey & Sons, Single Malt Scented Brown and JFK Navy Blue!

Oh, wow, how's the Single Malt? I'm so tempted to get that one and the Cigar. But I could buy a gold-nibbed pen for the price of two bottles!

Waterman Serenity Blue

1) because I've never tried it which is probably illegal and

2) because I've realised I don't have a sure-fire, go-to blue. I need an "it's you not me" blue to test misbehaving pens, so I can know darn well they're the problem.

Edited by ScarletWoodland

When I returned to fountain pens last year I went a little nuts on ink samples in all kinds of colors, but for some reason during the lock down I suddenly turned back to blues and blacks. I ordered and am waiting for Goulet's medium blues and non-waterproof blacks sample sets.

1 x Diamine Ink 30ml Bottle Burnt Sienna (DM28425-BURN)

1 x Diamine Ink 30ml Bottle Chocolate Brown (DM28425-CHOC)
1 x Diamine Ink 30ml Bottle Denim (DM28425-DENI)
1 x Diamine Ink 30ml Bottle Macassar (DM28425-MACA)
1 x Diamine Ink 30ml Bottle Midnight (DM28425-MIDN)
1 x Diamine Ink 30ml Bottle Ochre (DM28425-OCHR)
1 x Diamine Ink 30ml Bottle Rustic Brown (DM28425-RUST)
1 x Diamine 30ml Ink Set Refill Bach (DM41985-BACH)
1 x Diamine 30ml Ink Set Refill Beethoven (DM41985-BEET)
1 x Diamine 30ml Ink Set Refill Chopin (DM41985-CHOP)
1 x Diamine 30ml Ink Set Refill Mozart (DM41985-MOZA)
1 x Diamine 30ml Ink Set Refill Strauss (DM41985-STRA)
1 x Diamine Gibson Les Paul Guitar Ink Bottle 30ml Cherry Sunburst (DM64474-CB)
1 x Graf von Faber-Castell Ink Cartridges Carbon Black (GV29503-CB)
1 x Graf von Faber-Castell Ink Cartridges Cobalt Blue (GV29503-CO)
1 x Graf von Faber-Castell Ink Cartridges Garnet Red (GV29503-GR)
1 x Graf von Faber-Castell Ink Cartridges Hazelnut Brown (GV29503-HB)
1 x Graf von Faber-Castell Ink Cartridges Midnight Blue (GV29503-MB)
1 x Graf von Faber-Castell Ink Cartridges Moss Green (GV29503-MG)
1 x Pelikan Edelstein Ink Cartridges Garnet (PK30998-GA)
1 x Montblanc Ink Bottle Blue Palette - Lapis Lazuli
- Model: Inkt / Ink EUR €20.99
1 x Montblanc Ink Bottle Toffee Brown
- Model: Inkt / Ink EUR €16.86
1 x Montblanc Ink Bottle Midnight Blue
- Model: Inkt / Ink EUR €16.86
1 x Kyo-no-oto Ink - Ink Bottles (7 colors)
- Model: Inkt / Ink
- Kyo-no-oto Ink: Yamabuki-iro EUR €20.62
1 x Pelikan Edelstein Ink - Ink Bottle (8 colors)
- Model: Inkt / Ink
- Pelikan Edelstein Ink: Tanzanite (Blue-Black) EUR €12.60
Plus many other samples.
Yes... i know.

Yes... i know.

Wow. Somebody is going to be busy....

(Says the girl who has untried samples that have been kicking around at least six years at this point.... :blush:)

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I'm waiting some bottles:

• 1x Monteverde Olivine 90ml. (Loved the color, ordered 2nd bottle for backup)
  • 2x Monteverde Sapphire 90ml.
  • 1x Noodler's Bulletproof Black 3oz. (Because, you can't get enough of this stubborn stain)
  • [Not an ink but] Kaweco SteelSport medium (wanted a sturdy pen to carry around. I don't want to wear the plastic ones down in bags).

... and I have full drawers of bottles of ink. Its better to start writing more I think.

Edited by bayindirh

I gave in and finally ordered a bottle of Noodler's Legal Lapis. It's been on my "probably to buy" list for a long long time.

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

I received a bottle of Waterman from endlesspens last week. Sat down tonight to ink up a pen, and I realized it's Serenity Blue. I ordered Inspired Blue.

I already have Serenity Blue, and the bottle is still about 40% full. :rolleyes:

Still, I suppose you can't have too much Serenity Blue, and it was so cheap that it's not worth sending back. I'll just grab Inspired Blue next time I order something from Vanness. (Or maybe I will try Skrip Turquoise instead. . .)

Edited by NumberSix

I suppose you can't have too much Serenity Blue...

No, you can't have too much serenity blue. I recently inked a vintage pen with it (since it's safe), and in three minutes I understood why it's so famous.