What ink(s) are you waiting for in the mail?

dizzypen

I just ordered a bottle of Jacques Herbin 1798 Kyanite du Népal from Goulet, along with a sample set of sheening inks. So much for my resolution to stop buying pens, inks, and paper as I already have a life time supply of practically everything. But, I'm collecting the J.Herbin 1670 and 1798 series. I can't just skip one, right? :blush:

Yes, I have this same 'calling', but it is for the out-of-production Rosendahls Swedish ink brand. Currently, I am aware of only four colors: red, green, black and blue. I will soon be the proud owner of the first two aforementioned colors and am on the look-out for the other two.

Edited by pmitc34947

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• inkstainedruth

• PithyProlix

• mizgeorge

Yes, I have this same 'calling', but it is for the out-of-production Rosendahls Swedish ink brand. Currently, I am aware of only four colors: red, green, black and blue. I will soon be the proud owner of the first two aforementioned colors and am on the look-out for the other two.

If you can limit it to four inks, you've got it under control! :thumbup:

My ink collection has sailed past 200 bottles this year. Partly because of my completist collecting neuroses and partly because I just enjoy the novelty of new inks. Thank goodness for ink samples.

Robert Oster Cafe Crema

Sailor Yoza Kura (pale purple)

Sailor Yuki Akari (bright winter blue)

Ordered from Cultpens.

Really wanted to buy Noodler's El Lawrence but couldn't find it in stock anywhere except at Truphae Inc, the third page of Google. The catch, Free shipping over $20. The ink was $12.50 and shipping is a whopping $7.50.....So now I'm waiting for Noodler's El Lawrence and Noodler's Squeteague to arrive.

I have inks coming from both Anderson Pens and Vanness at the moment -- not every place had everything I wanted in stock.

So I'm now (as of late last night when I put the orders in) waiting on full bottles of J Herbin Rose (scented), Sailor Souboku, and a couple of the Lamy Crystal inks: Benitoite and Rhodonite. Plus samples of KWZI Cherry and Walks Over Vistula, and Herbin Blue des Profundeurs and 1798 Kyanite de Nepal.

I was really good and did NOT buy backup bottles of the Herbin Rose or Souboku (although I seriously considered it, since those aren't that easy to find).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I fell off the wagon. Hard. I think I broke something.

I’ve been on a pen and ink diet, but it’s summer. I’ve been so good for months. I’ve been going through samples and revisiting old inky friends.

Then my husband ran out of his favorite memo pads, so I had to make a JetPens order. Most of the colors I have are all moody and complex—more appropriate for fall and winter. I have been having trouble writing because I don’t have the right colors.

It started with blue. I NEEDED a blue that is bright and light and cheerful (I’m sure you all understand), because I tend towards blues that are dark. Souten is my wildest blue (except for BSB which is decidedly violet and in its own special category) and it just wasn’t enough. After much soul searching I settled on Monteverde Capri Blue.

That reminded me that I’ve been meaning to get Moonstone for AGES and lo, Moonstone jumped into my cart. Moonstone reminded me that most of my greys are of the graphite or purple variety and Herbin Cacoa de Brazil has been on my list for even longer than Moonstone and won’t it feel left out? So it jumped into the cart as well. And my husband loves Ancient Copper (as do I) so while I was looking at the Monteverde inks the Fireopal also magically ended up in the cart. Then I realized that my browns are either grayish or greenish or goldish and I don’t have any (not one!) warm chocolate browns. I adore Iroshizuku inks and Tsukushi was just right there, all warm and brown and wanting a good home. Then my lack of proper blurples asserted itself while on the Iroshizuku page and Ajisai joined the others.

Thank heavens JetPens doesn’t carry Montblanc, otherwise I expect Swan Plume Illusion would have joined the throng.

So, I started out with memo pads and ended up with 6 bottles of ink. Thankfully they are all small. I can’t wait till they get here.

Yet another Sarah.

I have been having trouble writing because I don’t have the right colors.

I laughed so hard :) I have been on a diet too, but last month has been like a dam burst. So I perfectly understand.

I am at the point I am having troubles distinguishing some inks :/

What is coming is:

Diamine Rustic Brown 80ml

Diamine Indigo 80ml

Diamine Damson 80ml

Lamy Bronze 50ml

Iroshizuku Tsukushi and Yama Guri.

Still waiting for Troublemaker Petrichor and Kelp Tea.

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

Maruzen Nihonbashi Athena Renga coming my way by courier; Japanese friend. :D

Add lightness and simplicate.

Well, while waiting for the inks already mentioned, I got the latest email ad from Goulet Pens for their July Inksamplepalooza sale. This week it's Aurora, De Atramentis, Diamine, LAMY, Pelikan, R&K, and Visconti.

I already have several MORE samples in my shopping cart, although I haven't hit the buy button yet.

I think I'm doomed....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Kobe INK Story #44 and #46
KWZ iron-gall Green #3 and Turquoise
PenBBS inks #257, #283, #234, #274 and #286

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

• 2 weeks later...

Still waiting for the above to arrive, but with Milligram offering 15% off site-wide this week (on top of my usual discount), I just ordered a bottle each of Kobe INK Story #38 and Robert Oster River of Fire, as well as some Kaweco ink cartridges to give away with fountain pens (which only have converters) in our 'wedding favour' packs.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Today I discovered a new European site with a good assortment of inks as well as fountain pens (though for many fountain pen brands, some were featured but when you clicked on the logo you got "No articles have been found".

Shìppin within Europe is euro 9 (I think 11 dollars or so), which is not a low price, but the interesting thing is that I found the 30ml diamine bottles for euro 3.50. No less than euro 7 in Amazon.

I bought 6 bottles to save on shipping costs; this way the whole order cost euro 30, that is 5 a bottle, which is not bad.

None of the purchased colors I tried before, and these are:

Golden Brown

Amazing Amethyst

Eau de Nil

Tyrian purple

Ochre

Salamander (I HAD to bought it! This summer we are having a lot of salamanders (Mediterranean gecko) here at home sunbathing on the terrace...And they are exactly the same color!)

Today I discovered a new European site with a good assortment of inks as well as fountain pens (though for many fountain pen brands, some were featured but when you clicked on the logo you got "No articles have been found".

Shìppin within Europe is euro 9 (I think 11 dollars or so), which is not a low price, but the interesting thing is that I found the 30ml diamine bottles for euro 3.50. No less than euro 7 in Amazon.

I bought 6 bottles to save on shipping costs; this way the whole order cost euro 30, that is 5 a bottle, which is not bad.

None of the purchased colors I tried before, and these are:

Golden Brown

Amazing Amethyst

Eau de Nil

Tyrian purple

Ochre

Salamander (I HAD to bought it! This summer we are having a lot of salamanders (Mediterranean gecko) here at home sunbathing on the terrace...And they are exactly the same color!)

Colour me overwhelmed! Eleven new bottles of ink (listed above) — and some ink cartridges, too, but they're not intended for my use — from four different sellers all arrived today. The cupboard space under my desk for storing inks can no longer contain all the ink bottles I have. :( Not to mention I've just ordered two more bottles of Platinum Classic Ink earlier this morning...

Something's gotta give. I think my unfinished bottles of Parker Penman Ebony, Emerald and Ruby will be the first to go; those bottles just take up too much space!

Just arrived today; ink samples and 2 empty Iroshizuku bottles from The Pen Outpost on eBay.

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

• 2 weeks later...

Montblanc Egyptian Blue and Montblanc Beatles are expected to arrive tomorrow.

Noodlers 54th Massachusetts and KWZ Sheen Machine are ordered, but not in stock. I guess I will have to wait 3-4 weeks for them.

YNWA - JFT97

Instagram: inkyandy

Today I discovered a new European site with a good assortment of inks as well as fountain pens […]

And what is that site?

In current use: Cleo Skribent Classic, Waterman Expert, Diplomat Excellence, Pineider Avatar, Sheaffer Targa (the good old Sheaffer, not one Made in China)

Today, I finally broke down and ordered the Diamine 1864 Blue-Black, along with Carnival, from a store in England. Worked out to $12.50 a bottle which seemed pretty reasonable.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.