What ink(s) are you waiting for in the mail?

dizzypen

The seller's description was accurate: the box for the bottle of Skrip King's Gold is in "poor condition"...

I'm so happy to have the ink, but a little sad that the box is beyond saving (and was probably destroyed years ago). Nearly all my ink bottles are kept in original boxes to keep them out of the light and to make them stack easily. This packaging design has the color name in the stripe on the box, but not in the stripe on the bottle.

post-2096-0-30232300-1549401976_thumb.jpg

-- Joel -- "I collect expensive and time-consuming hobbies."

INK (noun): A villainous compound of tannogallate of iron, gum-arabic and water,

chiefly used to facilitate the infection of idiocy and promote intellectual crime.

(from The Devil's Dictionary, by Ambrose Bierce)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• inkstainedruth

• PithyProlix

• mizgeorge

Had a naff week so decided to treat myself to some Diamine shaped pick and mix to cheer me up 😁.

*Diamine Scarlet 30mls

*Diamine Bilberry 30mls

*Diamine Wild Strawberry 30mls

*Diamine Meadow 30mls

Free 1st class UK shipping direct from Diamine, as it was just over £10 and they threw in a 5ml sample too!

*Diamine Handel 5ml sample (Not my usual sort of colour but thought I'd try something a bit different as it was free)

Edited by ScarletWoodland

Finally grabbed a bottle of Noodler's Heart Of Darkness, and some Diamine (Guitar series) Desert Burst and J Herbin Poussiere de Lune decided to come along for the ride.

Diamine Registrars Blue/Black

Ha, that's what I just ordered directly from Diamine, UK. A legendary ink... my Swans like it...

And some 30 mL bottles of:

Diamine Meadow (spring is coming soon)

Diamine Grey (my first greyish ink)

Diamine Oxblood ( for it's hopefully noble look)

Diamine Chopin (free 5mL sample)

Best

Jens

.....................................................................................................

https://www.flickr.com/photos/136145166@N02/albums

I have three old bottles of Skrip coming, and I received a completely dried up bottle of Skrip Washable Black #62, which I resurrected by adding warm distilled water to it. No particles in the ink, and it writes very nicely.

I'll post pictures up later on.

(edited - black, not blue)

Edited by Bibliophage

Ha, that's what I just ordered directly from Diamine, UK. A legendary ink... my Swans like it...

And some 30 mL bottles of:

Diamine Meadow (spring is coming soon)

Diamine Grey (my first greyish ink)

Diamine Oxblood ( for it's hopefully noble look)

Diamine Chopin (free 5mL sample)

Best

Jens

I received mine and primed up my new Lamy Safari extra fine pen with it and I like it a lot. Looks great in my ivory Markings MJ14A-6CA journal :) Edited by millertime

Not an ink--a 50ml bottle of J. Herbin pen cleaning solution.

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

I received mine and primed up my new Lamy Safari extra fine pen with it and I like it a lot. Looks great in my ivory Markings MJ14A-6CA journal :)

Fine, mine are still on the way to Germany, the Royal Mail / geman DHL usually takes four to seven days, that's ok...

Anyway I like Registrar's with EF nibs a lot. :-)

Enjoy your's

Jens

.....................................................................................................

https://www.flickr.com/photos/136145166@N02/albums

Fine, mine are still on the way to Germany, the Royal Mail / geman DHL usually takes four to seven days, that's ok...

Anyway I like Registrar's with EF nibs a lot. :-)

Enjoy your's

Jens

Thats good to know Jens because I was wondering if I made the right choice choosing an extra fine nib but I am happily surprised. The nib was a bit scratchy at first and skipped a very few times but now after a day or two it writes really well. I like the extra fine nib with this ink so far. Ill keep journaling with it and see how my Safari holds up with it. Im glad I got back into cursive writing after 32 years of printing :)

I ordered a few bottles of the German exclusive Diamine inks and a couple of their guitar inks too. Then on a whim, I ordered a couple 100ml bottles of Herbin inks. They're coming from across the pond, so I it'll be awhile before they get here..

Nothing special, but I just ordered a 30ml bottle of Pilot Blue Black from Japan. Been using this ink from a box of cartridges for awhile now and finally decided I like it enough to get a small bottle. It'll be nice to try this ink in some of my other pens. So far, it's only been used in my Decimo...

Quite a lot of ink:

- J. Herbin: Caroube de Chypre; 30ml of Bleu des Profoundeurs, Bleu Calanque, Vert de Gris, Vert Empire, Rouille d’Ancre

- Aurora Black

- R&K Scabiosa

- 2 more 50ml bottles of J. Herbin cleaning solution, as I liked the first one I got a lot.

Want to get Sailor Souboku, but still waiting for a cheaper source.

Edited by Intensity

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

Maruzen Athena Eternal Blue and Colorverse Dust Storm/Valles Marineris. Added a sample of Monteverde Horizon Blue as it seems to be a pretty close imitation of this PPS everybody is going crazy for.

Diamine restocked in local pen shop, and as they run out pretty fast, feel like I was forced to buy, wanted to buy sherwood green or dark green but they was out of stock already, not a big fan of blue but decided to try Majestic Blue instead of green >< should receive this three tomorrow
Diamine Sepia
Diamine Eau De Nil
Diamine
Majestic Blue

A nice little haul on the way thanks to some overtime:

*Noodler's Black Swan in English Roses 3oz

*Noodler's Navy 3oz

*Diamine Safari (anniversary) 40mls

*Diamine Honey Burst (guitar) 30mls

*J Herbin Bouquet d'Antan 10mls

Plus Samples of:

°Noodler's Widowmaker

°Noodler's Rome Burning

°KWZ Warsaw Dreaming

They shipped in under an hour from both Pure Pens and Cult Pens!

Nothing in the mail at the moment, but I picked up a bottle of what I think is vintage Quink Blue (might be blue black) and a bottle of modern-ish UK made Quink Washable Royal Blue. Oops. Didn't look carefully at the box on that one.... :blush:

No label on the vintage stuff so I don't know if it's permanent or washable, but the bottle seems to be about 2/3-3/4 full.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

ETA: It's official. I'm doomed....

Edited by inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

• 2 weeks later...