What ink(s) are you waiting for in the mail?

dizzypen

I'm looking forward to more ink samples, this time in the pink range.

Caran d'Ache Chromatics Divine Pink

Diamine Shimmering Pink Glitz

J. Herbin Rose Tendressee

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• inkstainedruth

• PithyProlix

• mizgeorge

Looks like a total of 24 bottles of ink, including three of Rohrer & Klingner (2018 LE) Aubergine, are now on their way to me from the Netherlands! Yay!

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

I went a little crazy this week...ordered 2ml samples of all of the following:

Diamine Burgundy Royale

Noodler's X-Feather

Noodler's La Coleur Royale

Pilot Iroshizuku Ama-iro

Pilot Iroshizuku Ajisai

Robert Oster Clearwater Rain

I'm quite excited. :)

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. (Winston Churchill)

Waiting on 3 bottles of hero blue, 2 of dark blue and one of coffee.

After that I'm taking a break from ink. I have run out of space on 21 total shelves.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

Well, I might have just gone a bit overboard on my first sample buy (I wanted to get a few brands and colours to try out), so here is the list:

Diamine Oxblood

Diamine Shimmering Inks Blue flame

Diamine Onyx Black

Diamine Autumn Oak

Montblanc Midnight Blue

Montblanc Colour of the Year Lucky Orange

Montblanc Writers Edition William Shakespeare

Montblanc Colour of the Year Golden Yellow

Montblanc Oyster Grey

Montblanc Mystery Black

Noodlers La Couleur Royale

Noodlers Dark Matter

Pilot Iroshizuku Chiku-rin

Robertz Oster Signature African Gold

Sailor Storia Clown

Visconti Braun

Standardgraph Krokusgelb

Sailor Jentle Ink Sakura-Mori

J. Herbin Bleu Pervenche

J. Herbin Perle-Noire

Still waiting on:

Noodler's 54th Massachusets,

Diamine:

Oxblood

ancient copper

sherwood green

teal

sargasso sea

kensington blue

amaranth

red dragon

majestic purple

chocolate brown

😅

I just added another four bottles of ink, to an order for a pen (with Fountain Pen Day discounts and all) so as to qualify for free international shipping, and so now my on-order-yet-to-arrive list of new-to-me ink colours is:

Well YOU'RE going to be busy, aren't you? ;)

There are inks I want to try samples of/buy full bottles of; but I'm trying to be good and wait until after the first of the year. AND also *first* go through some more of the samples I haven't yet tried -- some of which (particularly some samples of black inks) have been kicking around for something like five years at this point... :blush:.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Right now my writing hand is sorta out of commission from a bad case of tendonitis in the wrist, to the point of having to strap it with tape so I cannot move my thumb (much). :( I certainly hope it gets better by the time the inks arrive!

Ouch! My sympathies.

I've had tendonitis in my thumb, and have had to wear a brace at times. Naturally it would be on my dominant hand. Not only does it make writing a major PITA, but also knitting (which probably caused it). Even using a fork is problematic. :(

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Sailor Pen SAILOR fountain pen dye bottle ink original Kujukuri coast limited 50ml Hamanasi (Hermanus) 13-9257-205

Sailor Pen SAILOR fountain pen dye bottle ink original Kujukuri coast limited 50ml folding screen quay (Byoubuganpeki) 13-9257-209

Sailor Pen SAILOR fountain pen dye bottle ink original Kujukuri coast limited 50ml Arhat Maki (Rakanmaki) 13-9257-201

post-135914-0-56961400-1542827487_thumb.jpg

post-135914-0-66430200-1542827501_thumb.jpg

post-135914-0-39018800-1542827511_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Alt Goldgrun. I ordered it with a couple of paper items from the US and it was shipped on 17 November. It arrived in Melbourne, Australia on 19 Nov and released for delivery to me the same day. I live in a small town about 90mins out of Melbourne and as of yesterday the parcel is now somewhere back in the US on its way to the destination. Really?

On the way from Vanness are Pelikan 4001 Royal Blue, Monteverde Copper Noir, Monteverde Fire Opal, and Monteverde Ocean Noir.

I'm waiting on Pilot Iro Kosumosu, and a sample of J Herbin Cornaline d'Egypte.

I'm now down to needing five colors to complete my Pilot Iro collection, at least of the regular inks.

And wouldn't you know it that now they have 7 new LE inks just when I was getting to the end of the collection and would have to scour the internet for the old LE colors.

Sigh.

• 2 weeks later...

Lamy crystal

Azurite x 2

Peridot x 1

Benitioite x 1

Nice! I love Peridot 😍

I'm waiting my order of Diamine inks:

November Rain

Skulls and Roses

Twilight

Merlot

Green black

Eclipse

Billberry

Honey burst

🙂

fpn_1546068582__img_4755.jpg

Delfts Blauw is a wonderful choice. I hope he enjoys it.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Ive never wanted a brown ink until i saw Graf von Faber-Castell Hazelnut Brown. It should be here within the week.

I've got a bottle of Sailor Kiwa-Guro in that new block design I like, though I didn't order the bottle just for that. I needed the ink lol.

Iroshizuku Shin-Kai on the way as well.

I've been loving Japanese inks lately.