• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ghost Plane

• enlasombra

• PigRatAndGoat

• montblancdude

I still haven't figured out what idiot decided small and thin meant something was feminine. :bonk:

I still haven't figured out what idiot decided small and thin meant something was feminine. :bonk:

+1, this is the 21st century!

I'm still grappling with the whole notion of assigning names, etc, to pens per se: and especially when the connection is somewhat spurious.

Thanks

We could take it psychologically:

Montblanc may feel the effects of the economical crisis and reminds itself: we better tighten our belt :ltcapd:

or it's a hidden message to customers: before you can buy our new precious pen You should tighten your belt.

Regarding the pen: it looks like a variation of the Garbo. Not very fancy. Their "mind factory" seems to run dry.

The choice for a C/C filler is totally shocking to me.... :gaah:

Best,

Anna

P.S. I can relate to Garbo and Dietrich, but Ingrid Bergmann? Leaves me cold. Katherine Hepburn would have been great and challenging...

and thanks for the pictures!!

Edited by Gehaha

I'm not a native speaker of the english language. My apologies in advance when I'm causing trouble by bad grammar, wrong vocabulary, misspelling - friendly correction always welcome!

"...I still believe that people are really good at heart."

Anne Frank, "Diary" (14 years old)

Sad, sad, sad.

I absolutely agree that Katharine Hepburn would have been much more interesting. On the other hand I find it a bit funny that two out of three divas are Swedish. I must admit that I think both this and the Garbo shows a disappointing and unchallenging interpretation of both Bergman and Garbo. Bergman should have had a substantial pen with a theme from the 40s - as a reminder of Casablanca. Deep red - maybe striated celluloid - with yellow gold. This pen has no connection to the person Ingrid Bergman - neither in colours and design. I know it is controversial here to criticise the Garbo pen, but that design differs very much from Garbo's own style. She was an androgyn (in a very positive sense), stylish, beautiful woman. A very strict beauty - almost the opposite of the overly feminine pen. She should have had a pen in line with the Kafka and with a sense of the 20s and 30s. Black, strict and clever. The Dietrich pen is the only out of the three that is interesting in my point of view.

We could take it psychologically:

Montblanc may feel the effects of the economical crisis and reminds itself: we better tighten our belt :ltcapd:

or it's a hidden message to customers: before you can buy our new precious pen You should tighten your belt.

Regarding the pen: it looks like a variation of the Garbo. Not very fancy. Their "mind factory" seems to run dry.

The choice for a C/C filler is totally shocking to me.... :gaah:

Best,

Anna

P.S. I can relate to Garbo and Dietrich, but Ingrid Bergmann? Leaves me cold. Katherine Hepburn would have been great and challenging...

and thanks for the pictures!!

*****the dandelion blog is right here*****

*****the dandelion flickr is right here*****

• 4 weeks later...

I am NOT normally a fan of slimmer pens but this pen is quite beautiful and rather attractive... to look at, not to hold and write with.

Edited by montblancdude

Loving Mont Blanc and everything fountain pen!!!!!!!!

One of the few, the proud... 14 year-old FPN'ers!!!!!! ;)

MY FOUNTAIN PENS: Montblanc Boheme Bleu (M), Montblanc 145 (M), Waterman Phileas (M), Jinhao X450 (M), Parker Vector (M), Parker 15 (M), Sheaffer Cartridge Pen (M)

MY INKS: Parker Quink Blue, Private Reserve Midnight Blues, Montblanc Black

Based on the looks, I don't like this pen at all : too slender for my hand.

I know there are ladies that like large FP's and men that like slender pens, and there should be pens for each and every one of us, but this is really not my cup of tea. :hmm1:

Filling a fountain pen is much more fun than changing a printer cartridge

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

How can Montblanc's designers consider this feminine?

I mean, c'mon!

MY FOUNTAIN PENS: Montblanc Boheme Bleu (M), Montblanc 145 (M), Waterman Phileas (M), Jinhao X450 (M), Parker Vector (M), Parker 15 (M), Sheaffer Cartridge Pen (M)

I'd be interested in the actual size of this new pen. I have the Greta Garbo which is quite small, - my friend has the Marlene Dietrich which is much larger - although not necessarily much 'wider'. In some ways I think her pen has more 'balance' because of the length.

The actual shape of the new Ingrid Bergman seems to mirror the Marlene Dietrich - what do others think? Is it the same size or smaller like my Greta Garbo? Does anyone know yet?

My five rules for living:

1. Free your heart from hatred, 2. Free your mind from worries, 3. Live simply, 4. Give more, 5. Expect less

My pens: MB Greta Garbo; MB 149; MB Mozart; Lamy Safari; Lamy Al-Star; Lamy Joy

My work: Bid Writing, Copywriting and more!

I'd be interested in the actual size of this new pen. I have the Greta Garbo which is quite small, - my friend has the Marlene Dietrich which is much larger - although not necessarily much 'wider'. In some ways I think her pen has more 'balance' because of the length.

The actual shape of the new Ingrid Bergman seems to mirror the Marlene Dietrich - what do others think? Is it the same size or smaller like my Greta Garbo? Does anyone know yet?

It compares more to the Garbo in shape and size.

Some images of the more limited Bergman pieces...

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society"......Mark Twain

Worse and worse. :sick: That flowered thing is more suited to one of the Gabor sisters than Bergman.

Worse and worse. :sick: That flowered thing is more suited to one of the Gabor sisters than Bergman.

MB meets Zsa Zsa Gabor is a fantastic image!

Shall I put your name down on the waiting list GP??? :roflmho:

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society"......Mark Twain

I agree wholeheartedly. She should have had a pen inspired by the 1940s - not this fragile, little, flowery...THING! As a Swedish woman I almost feel insulted on her behalf. Red, striated, maybe from light red to dark, deep red and gold. Or a striped shimmering brown - from golden brown to deep, dark brown - also with gold. Inspired by Casablanca. trenchies and smoky bars. When I think of Ingrid Bergman I think a little bit of Hoppers paintings of bars - dark, intriguing, - and she should have a pen that could fit in one of those paintings - or in Casablanca . This pen wouldn't even make it to an audition.

:gaah: I dislike this pen so much!

I must also add that I believe the MB designers have a very stereotype view of which kind of pens to make as an hommage to women.

I must also add that I believe the MB designers have a very stereotype view of which kind of pens to make as an hommage to women.

I quite agree with this. They seem to think that slim, small, tapering, flowery pens represent women well. They could not be more wrong.