Fellowship of the Travelling Pen (Australian edition)

Yuki Onitsura

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yuki Onitsura

• Anton Emdin

• Chris Chalmers

• Miranda

Hi all.... haven't got time to read all the entries, but I'm definitely in! I think it would be far more interesting to see all the different inks and pens, nibs, grinds etc. (I guess everybody will make sure to note what they're using).

If you haven't bought the notebook already, perhaps a local store like notemaker.com.au would donate one?

Looking forward to it!

Cheers,

Anton

--

Anton Emdin

Illustrations & Cartoons

www.antonemdin.com

Welcome aboard Anton! I've had my turn desecrating a few pages of a journal donated by the ever lovely Feiye with my awful handwriting. The notebook is currently with Claustrum who should be passing it along to the next person sometime in the next week. Updated participants list:

1. Yuki Onitsura (had a turn at filling a few pages with his craptastic handwriting)

2. Claustrum (currently in possession)

3. Feiye (had half a turn in so far as taking first page honours)

4. Youstruckgold

5. Chazzozz

6. Chris Chalmers

7. Miranda

8. jimg

9. mumsdarlings

10. fuchsiaprincess

11. hexadecimal

12. DAYoung

13. ebargoum

14. dongara

15. alburyscott

16. troglokev

17. Anton Emdin

Yuki

http://i54.tinypic.com/16jj9fb.jpg

Follow me on twitter! @crypticjunky

~And the words, they're everything and nothing. I want to search for her in the offhand remarks.~

Excellent! I'm glad I'm near the end and get to digest all the ink lovingly (or scrawled) into the pages.

And I recognise pretty much everyone on the list from FPN threads. That's scary... I think I spend WAY too much time here! It'll be good to get to know you all - in a strange sort of way.

Anton Emdin

Illustrations & Cartoons

www.antonemdin.com

I hate to burst your bubble Anton, but the journal will travel to anybody on the list at any time based on the current holder's whim so you may get it sooner rather than later. Perhaps at the next Sydney pen posse if you attend. That said, Chris has kindly offered to scan the pages and make an electronic copy available to everyone at the conclusion =)

Yuki

~And the words, they're everything and nothing. I want to search for her in the offhand remarks.~

Hey all!

I was thinking of scanning it when i received it so that we all see what's happening. Is that a good idea or does everyone want to wait until it is finished?

Also, does a link to this thread need to be placed in the writing forum so that the Aussies who haven't seen this buried in wherever this is are made aware of the project?

Happy Saturday everyone!

Hi all

I think scanning and placing the pages up as we go would be nice. The page width is 14 cm (5.5 inches). The average display resolution these days is close to 100 dpi so if we post them with 550 pixels across then the page will display at near real-size. I'd suggest though a scan of 300 dpi for the originals and later reduce dpi for posting. I can scan up to and including mine. Shall each person add their scans or shall we send the scans to the thread originator?

PS. I have been trying some dip pens in the Rhodia book. They feather really badly. There is enough fluff at the edges of the characters to keep them warm in winter.

Mike

Edited by claustrum

Conway Stewart 84, green/gold stripes with 3N nib; Lamy ST with EF nib, Sailor Sapporo and a 1911 Demonstrator.

Hi all

I think scanning and placing the pages up as we go would be nice. The page width is 14 cm (5.5 inches). The average display resolution these days is close to 100 dpi so if we scan so the width is 550 pixels across then the page will display at near real-size. I can scan up to and including mine. Shall each person add their scans or shall we send the scans to the thread originator?

PS. I have been trying some dip pens in the Rhodia book. They feather really badly. There is enough fluff at the edges of the characters to keep them warm in winter.

Mike

I really wanted to use the regular Rhodia cahiers but we'd fill them up too fast so I went with the ePures which are thicker and nicer to look at. The paper is generally ok with fountain pens but not dip pen friendly.

In rotation:

Pelikan M400 with Pilot Iroshizuku Momiji

Nakaya Kuro-tame Desk Pen with Platinum Blue

Visconti Van Gogh Maxi with Aurora Black

Twitter: @souveran

If it's not too much trouble, that'd be great appreciated Miranda. It'd give the impatient among us (I'm probably going to be in this category) a chance to see how it's coming along and those of us who would rather wait can wait.

Yuki

I hate to burst your bubble Anton, but the journal will travel to anybody on the list at any time based on the current holder's whim so you may get it sooner rather than later. Perhaps at the next Sydney pen posse if you attend. That said, Chris has kindly offered to scan the pages and make an electronic copy available to everyone at the conclusion =)

Actually, that was me. :)

Scan-as-you go is fine with me, and it will certainly give everyone else a chance to see what it's been up to and where it's gotten to so far. But my offer still stands to do one final scan at the end and create a downloadable file which everyone can grab (or anyone else who's interested) and keep for themselves.

Edit: I should add that scan-as-you go should only include those pages you do yourself, or that haven't already appeared. Otherwise we'll be clogging up the forums.

Edited by Chazzozz

I write, therefore I...write a little more.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

Oh, sorry Chazzozz! I'm not sure why I thought it was Chris. My scanner's gone out of whack again so whoever's taking their turn after me (which in the first round is Claustrum) will have to do my scanning on my behalf.

Yuki

Scan as you go takes away the romance! I still like the Chazzozz offer of the final version (unless of course we become a never-ending group of looped writers). :)

The rung of a ladder was never meant to rest upon, but only to hold a man's foot long enough to enable him to put the other somewhat higher - Thomas Huxley

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Scan as you go takes away the romance! I still like the Chazzozz offer of the final version (unless of course we become a never-ending group of looped writers). :)

Is that 'looped' or 'loopy'? :P

Of course, it could also be 'louped' if you consider that we probably all spend time looking at nibs close-up.

I write, therefore I...write a little more.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

Certainly louped and I suppose we'd have to be loopy to put this thing into loop.

Yuki

Certainly louped and I suppose we'd have to be loopy to put this thing into loop.

Yuki

:headsmack:

In rotation:

Pelikan M400 with Pilot Iroshizuku Momiji

Nakaya Kuro-tame Desk Pen with Platinum Blue

Visconti Van Gogh Maxi with Aurora Black

Twitter: @souveran

Mike, has the journal been passed along yet?

Yuki

Hi Yuki and all.

Not passed along yet. I have a bushwalk to add into it tonight.

And I want to add a few more things.

Best wishes,

Mike

Conway Stewart 84, green/gold stripes with 3N nib; Lamy ST with EF nib, Sailor Sapporo and a 1911 Demonstrator.

Cool. Just let us all know when you do pass it along. I'm sure everyone's eager to track it's progress.

Yuki

Hi Yuki and all.

Not passed along yet. I have a bushwalk to add into it tonight.

And I want to add a few more things.

Best wishes,

Mike

I'm sure there's no rush. Looking forward to reading!

Anton Emdin

Illustrations & Cartoons

www.antonemdin.com