Fellowship of the Travelling Pen (Australian edition)

Yuki Onitsura

OK. Time for an embarrassing confession. The journal is only just leaving my home. It is reluctant to go as it has had such a nice time here meeting other journals and books and making friends with lots of pens and ink and paper. The travelling journal has travelled the region and marveled at the sites, it did not get left out in the rain the night it teemed, it did not get chewed by Dexter and it didn't take on the hue of sandalwood that day I was making incense.

The journal confessed to me that it felt a bit unloved, being posted from home to home like an unwanted foster child. It was pleased to have some stability, some sense of belonging for a while. But it is happy to move to warmer climes, now that the weather is colder and sending shivers up its spine.

Look, I really am sorry about taking so long. The trouble is that I have a really serious lung condition [think depends on oxygen and drugs] and don't spend much time being well. So the journal kept getting delayed as I had to spend too much time just getting things done to get through the day. I also fell over last year getting up a step and fractured some ribs, so I now have post-traumatic step disorder and can't even get to a letter box as they all are next to gutters, so i have to rely on someone to post things for me.

All of which is pathetic, but please forgive me. i really didn't intend to take so long.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yuki Onitsura

• Anton Emdin

• Chris Chalmers

• Miranda

OK. Time for an embarrassing confession. The journal is only just leaving my home. It is reluctant to go as it has had such a nice time here meeting other journals and books and making friends with lots of pens and ink and paper. The travelling journal has travelled the region and marveled at the sites, it did not get left out in the rain the night it teemed, it did not get chewed by Dexter and it didn't take on the hue of sandalwood that day I was making incense.

The journal confessed to me that it felt a bit unloved, being posted from home to home like an unwanted foster child. It was pleased to have some stability, some sense of belonging for a while. But it is happy to move to warmer climes, now that the weather is colder and sending shivers up its spine.

Look, I really am sorry about taking so long. The trouble is that I have a really serious lung condition [think depends on oxygen and drugs] and don't spend much time being well. So the journal kept getting delayed as I had to spend too much time just getting things done to get through the day. I also fell over last year getting up a step and fractured some ribs, so I now have post-traumatic step disorder and can't even get to a letter box as they all are next to gutters, so i have to rely on someone to post things for me.

All of which is pathetic, but please forgive me. i really didn't intend to take so long.

Don't worry. Anyone with a wonderful collection like yours will be sure to be making a fabulous contribtion to the journal well worth any wait!

The rung of a ladder was never meant to rest upon, but only to hold a man's foot long enough to enable him to put the other somewhat higher - Thomas Huxley

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

As YSG said, don't worry too much about it. Your wellbeing is far more important than speeding along a journal. It'll be around for a while yet so just look after yourself. Wishing you a speedy recovery and may many more journals and pens find a happy home under your roof ^^

Yuki

http://i54.tinypic.com/16jj9fb.jpg

Follow me on twitter! @crypticjunky

~And the words, they're everything and nothing. I want to search for her in the offhand remarks.~

Well, I can't believe it! I posted the journal yesterday afternoon. Yippeddeee doo!

Meant to rush online and tell you all, but thought I needed to celebrate with sparkling red, or white, or some cab sav or whiskey or gin or brandy or all of them, and by the time i decided [no, not all of them!} it was time to watch tv.

Anyway, I hope it turns up this week, Kathelyne, The postbag looked rather empty with just the journal, so I filled it up with whatever was at hand: empty unwashed milk cartons, corks, odd socks, a couple of Dexter's prize bones [donated willingly] and a cup with tea leaves so that my fortune can be read, if possible. I hope I didn't get carried away and exceed the weight limit.... Let me know if i owe you postage.

Remember everyone. I am a bad example. Write post haste from now on.

ps yuki, pretty much stuck with this for the rest of my life. No recovery in sight, alas!

pps, Nicholas, well, the inks are colourful but i fear the prose is rather prosaic!

pps, Nicholas, well, the inks are colourful but i fear the prose is rather prosaic!

Coloured ink makes everything better =)

1. Yuki Onitsura, Sydney (had a turn at filling a few pages with his craptastic handwriting)

2. Claustrum, Sydney (took the journal on a hike or two)

3. Feiye, Sydney (had half a turn in so far as taking first page honours)

4. Youstruckgold, Melbourne (took the journal to meet some FPNers at the Melbourne Pen Show)

5. Chazzozz, Toowoomba

6. Chris Chalmers, Tasmania (the journal met her at the Melbourne Pen Show and followed her home.)

7. Miranda, Geelong (mission accomplished)

8. jimg, Newcastle

9. mumsdarlings, Sydney

10. fuchsiaprincess (mission complete)

11. hexadecimal, Canberra (Ditched the journal just in time for Christmas)

12. DAYoung, Melbourne

13. ebargoum, Canberra (pashed the journal under mistletoe)

14. dongara, WA

15. alburyscott, Albury

16. troglokev, Sydney (dutifully rescued the journal from Gaussian units)

17. Anton Emdin, Sydney (monotoned some presumably awesome cartoons)

18. McPete, The Gong (the 1/3rd mark! Survived a bike crash to write in the journal)

19. Rae, North Qld.

20. bhil, Melbourne

21. Chevron, Sydney

22. Skybird, Melbourne

23. nightchild80, Brisbane

24. aget19, Melbourne

25. Kathelyne, Brisbane (currently awaiting delivery)

26. Shangas, Melbourne

Yuki

~And the words, they're everything and nothing. I want to search for her in the offhand remarks.~

Shouldn't the list be (considering the strage array of ... items accompanying it to Brisbane):

1. Yuki Onitsura, Sydney (had a turn at filling a few pages with his craptastic handwriting)

4. Youstruckgold, Melbourne (took the journal to meet some FPNers at the Melbourne Pen Show)

5. Chazzozz, Toowoomba

6. Chris Chalmers, Tasmania (the journal met her at the Melbourne Pen Show and followed her home.)

7. Miranda, Geelong (Filled it up with all sorts of stuff) :glare:

8. jimg, Newcastle

9. mumsdarlings, Sydney

12. DAYoung, Melbourne

14. dongara, WA

15. alburyscott, Albury

18. McPete, The Gong (the 1/3rd mark! Survived a bike crash to write in the journal)

19. Rae, North Qld.

20. bhil, Melbourne

21. Chevron, Sydney

22. Skybird, Melbourne

24. aget19, Melbourne

26. Shangas, Melbourne

No need to ask forgivness, it is given more than willingly! I'm just glad to see that I don't have to make a post saying "um.... actually I don't have it.... did it get lost?"

All the best and hope you are feeling better soon (and remember, steps aren't out to get you, except the ones outside the cassino that is...)

Is it too late to join in on the fun?

I'm in a constant state of cat-like readiness!!!

"What do we live for if not to make life less difficult for each other" George Elliot

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/SnailBadge.png

It's never too late to join the fun!

5. Chazzozz, Toowoomba

7. Miranda, Geelong (Filled it up with all sorts of stuff) :glare:

8. jimg, Newcastle

9. mumsdarlings, Sydney

12. DAYoung, Melbourne

14. dongara, WA

15. alburyscott, Albury

19. Rae, North Qld.

20. bhil, Melbourne

21. Chevron, Sydney

22. Skybird, Melbourne

24. aget19, Melbourne

26. Shangas, Melbourne

27. Twoody, Brisbane

Edited by troglokev

Hi everyone! And how is your Saturday going so far? It's rather pleasant down here in Geelong

As part of that amazingly uncharacteristic day of efficiency that resulted in the Travelling Journal actually being posted, I managed to photocopy what has been written so far. [Not so efficient that I can copy what is yet to be written....]

So, if anyone wants a copy of that photocopy, I'd be happy to send it to you*  I have the addresses from the journal, but those yet to write will need to PM me with an address. I know, I could scan, pdf, etc etc, but I get tired of doing this stuff electronically. easier to whizzz it through the machine.

Let me know, cheers Miranda

*Guaranteed delivery by Christmas or your double your money back.  {an empty promise since I'm sending it for free.] <br>

Edited by Miranda

Hi, journal is safe and sound here! Very exciting!

Huzzah! Did Miranda's random assortment of knick knacks make it too? Or were they lost in transition?

Yuki

Hi, journal is safe and sound here! Very exciting!

Huzzah! Did Miranda's random assortment of knick knacks make it too? Or were they lost in transition?

Yuki

They did! And much excitment there also! The socks were a little smelly but the tea leaves say Miranda will live long and prosper ;)

It's never too late to join the fun!

5. Chazzozz, Toowoomba

7. Miranda, Geelong (Filled it up with all sorts of stuff)

8. jimg, Newcastle

9. mumsdarlings, Sydney

12. DAYoung, Melbourne

14. dongara, WA

15. alburyscott, Albury

19. Rae, North Qld.

20. bhil, Melbourne

21. Chevron, Sydney

22. Skybird, Melbourne

24. aget19, Melbourne

26. Shangas, Melbourne

27. Twoody, Brisbane

28. Tanalasta, WA

Yuki

Well, seeing as the journal has made it to sunny Queensland maybe I ought to stick my hand up for it.

Kathelyne, have you had a chance to make any progress yet? I'm coming down to Brissie on Wed to visit a colleague at Griffith Uni. I could make time to meet somewhere.

I write, therefore I...write a little more.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

Well, seeing as the journal has made it to sunny Queensland maybe I ought to stick my hand up for it.

Kathelyne, have you had a chance to make any progress yet? I'm coming down to Brissie on Wed to visit a colleague at Griffith Uni. I could make time to meet somewhere.

Unfortunately I am working all week, so unless you are still here the weekend after this one (and even then I might not be free) then meeting somewhere is not an option for me.

I am happy to post it somewhere, and should be able to do so this week if anyone's interested!

26. Shangas, Melbourne is next on the list but if you don't get their details you can PM me for mine and I can do it next - I'm in Brisbane too :)

I'm in a constant state of cat-like readiness!!!

"What do we live for if not to make life less difficult for each other" George Elliot

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/SnailBadge.png

We're randomly stepping through the list due to geographical considerations: Chazzozz is number 5, and has been feeling unmutual, of late.

As Kevin said, there's no set order. I like to run things nuthouse style.

Yuki

Unfortunately I am working all week, so unless you are still here the weekend after this one (and even then I might not be free) then meeting somewhere is not an option for me.

I am happy to post it somewhere, and should be able to do so this week if anyone's interested!

Alas, that's the best I can offer at this point for an IRL meeting. Post may be the option of choice now, which still isn't such a bad one since mail often makes it up The Range from Brisbane in a single day. Let me know when you're ready and I'll PM you with an address.

I write, therefore I...write a little more.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png