I have forgot to put RESERVE price on Ebay...

stubnib

Here is the story... I have made a auction on Ebay as our usual but I do it with careless forgotting to put reserve price as I do usually for these silver made pens... the Ebay auctions have number 370215142471 and here is the pen:

http://www.grifos-pens.com/aste/Asteneromuse/NMF511-DN-GX06D/NMF511-DN-GX06D-02.jpg

I have discovered my bad mistake the morning after but I was unable to modify the auction since overnight bids was made... So I have decided to leave this auction run till the end hooping it will reach suitable offer... but if 12 hours before the end it will not reach at least pen costs and Ebay costs I will be forced to cancel the auction... I hope you could understand. Note we have 100% positive feedback with more then 1220 positive feedbacks till 1999 (10 YEARS!!) all over our handmade pens

Pen features: Handmade sterling silver fountain pen, gold plated solid 925 silver cap and gleaming black lacquered barrel. 18 kt Gold plated fitting parts. Great for business men due to its elegant and classic look!

Refilling System Converter Pump or International Standard Waterman Type Cartridges

Country of Origin Italy

Size Length 142 mm, diameter 12,6 mm

Weight 35,5 Grams

Shipping: Air mail registered packet included in the auction price.

http://www.grifos-pens.com/aste/Asteneromuse/NMF511-DN-GX06D/NMF511-DN-GX06D-08.jpg

I remain at your disposal for any question you may have!

Best regards from Aosta Valley, Italy

Maurizio Stura

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stubnib

• offbase

• paulrbarnard

• mackthepen

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I think it's against Ebay's terms of service to cancel for that reason once a bid has been placed. Should you really be posting this publicly?

I don't see the point of this post - if it doesn't reach your 'reserve' you're withdrawing the pen, so you might as well have put on a reserve in the first place - no difference except disappointed bidders and you're circumventing the ebay rules.

If you're going to use ebay, you might as well stick to the rules.

Most of my posts are edited - it's because I'm a sloppy typist.

I agree with the other posters. If you are going to pull it do so now don't wait until you see if you get a high enough bid. That is very bad form.

Frankly as it was your error you should leave the auction to run and take a loss if so be it. I have done a similar thing in the past and finished up selling a £100 item for £15. The buyer was ecstatic of course and I was miffed but it was my mistake and I swallowed it.

Thank you for your attention.

I'm sorry but Ebay allow cancel auctions with bids till 12 hours before the auction end. You have only to specify the reason why you do this and among the reason there is "Wrong starting price".

Please check fro your side to on Ebay rules.

Maurizio

Actually, I think it's against Ebay's terms of service to cancel for that reason once a bid has been placed. Should you really be posting this publicly?

As I have just answered to another post retract auction aren't against Ebay rules. Please check from your side too.

We can do this even if there are bids and here below I paste the Ebay window text that allow to do so to every body:

-------------------------------------------------------

You currently have bids on your listing. Please select one of the following options:

Cancel bids and end listing early

eBay will cancel all bids automatically.

You will select a reason for ending your listing early on the next page.

The reason for ending your listing early will be displayed on the Closed Item page.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then again in the next page Ebay say:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Select one reason for ending your listing early. The reason will appear on the Ended Item page.

The item is no longer available for sale.

There was an error in the starting price or reserve amount.

There was an error in the listing.

The item was lost or broken.

------------------------------------------------------

Again one time check for your side too so you will be more then sure that we aren't doing nothing against Ebay rules

Always at your disposal and best regards from Italy

Maurizio

I don't see the point of this post - if it doesn't reach your 'reserve' you're withdrawing the pen, so you might as well have put on a reserve in the first place - no difference except disappointed bidders and you're circumventing the ebay rules.

If you're going to use ebay, you might as well stick to the rules.

As I have just answered to another post retract auction aren't against Ebay rules. Please check from your side too.

We can do this even if there are bids and here below I paste the Ebay window text that allow to do so to every body:

-------------------------------------------------------

You currently have bids on your listing. Please select one of the following options:

Cancel bids and end listing early

eBay will cancel all bids automatically.

You will select a reason for ending your listing early on the next page.

The reason for ending your listing early will be displayed on the Closed Item page.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then again in the next page Ebay say:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Select one reason for ending your listing early. The reason will appear on the Ended Item page.

The item is no longer available for sale.

There was an error in the starting price or reserve amount.

There was an error in the listing.

The item was lost or broken.

------------------------------------------------------

Again one time check for your side too so you will be more then sure that we aren't doing nothing against Ebay rules

Always at your disposal and best regards from Italy

Maurizio

I agree with the other posters. If you are going to pull it do so now don't wait until you see if you get a high enough bid. That is very bad form.

Frankly as it was your error you should leave the auction to run and take a loss if so be it. I have done a similar thing in the past and finished up selling a £100 item for £15. The buyer was ecstatic of course and I was miffed but it was my mistake and I swallowed it.