Da Visconti Wall Street LE

IgnobleCurmudgeon

Okay, this is sumpin' da judge says I gotta do for community service. So youse better appreciate it, or else!

I used to think these were made in Italy, because while I was visiting some "associates" there, I bought one of these. Unfortunately, someone got out of line with me there, and I stabbed him in the forehead with it. The last I saw him it was still stuck in there, so I can say that this pen has a very sturdy and reliable nib! They confiscated my pen and deported me (illiterate bastards!), but luckily I went to a pen store back home and bought this one. So, I guess they're really made in America -- that's a good thing!

Okay, lemme talk to youse about the pen. First of all, let me say that this is a BIG pen! That's a good thing, because I can really get a nice, ham-fisted grip on it. Sometimes I like to use a thin pen, cause my hand is always clenched in a fist, and it's less trouble to jam it in there. This pen, though, was worth the effort of unclenching my fist to get it in there. It is of a squared shape, but with rounded corners -- kinda like a chisel. Okay, enough of that -- that's what got me da community service in da first place ...

Okay, so you can get a nice grip on this pen, but it's very comfortable. Even a ham fisted goon (no comments, I don't wanna hurt ya) can use this pen unposted, but if ya wants to post it, it's still decently balanced enough to do that.

How does this pen write? Prett good! I tend to press down real hard when I write, and the nib bends but doesn't break. Dat must be what day call a "soft" nib. Udder nibs sometimes rip through the paper when I write, so this, too, is a good thing. Don't worry, for youse dat like ta write like little pansy girls, I tested writing wit a light touch, and da nib just glides -- real smooth like -- across the paper!

How does this pen look? Well, it looks kinda pretty, for a chisel ... (I gotta get deese tauts outa my head before da judge finds out) ... I got a lot of time to look at it while I was in da can in Italy (my cousin Vito yanked it out've dat dirtbag's head and snuck it in to me). It's got lots of blue lines across it, but youse can still see through it. That's a good thing, because while I was lookin' at it, some slimebag was sneaking up to shiv me, but da moron didn't realize I could see him through this pen, so I stabbed HIM with it, too! Good thing my cousin Vito got me a good lawyer. In the end, I just spent a couple weeks in da can, then they took the pen away from me again and deported me.

Anyways, the Italian authorities went and ratted me out to da American authorities, so they came and took my new Wall Street away from me, too. Even though I paid my debt to society in Italy, the judge still made me do community service, so I'm doing this. It's supposed to make people appreciate fine writing instruments, while at the same time teaching them that violence is never the answer. I'd like to ... (stop deese tauts ...). Oh yeah, I replaced dis pen with a vintage semi-flex nib pen, cause da judge entered a restraining order restraining me from possessing manifold, stiff and soft nibs. So's now, I'm a vintage kinda guy!

Now youse dirtbags better appreciate dis review -- you wouldn't want da judge to restrict me to wet noodles, now would ya?

Edited by IgnobleCurmudgeon

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• klemenv

• IgnobleCurmudgeon

• omasfan

• marklavar

Nicely written and very creative. A pen review I certainly won't "For-geda about."

A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.

~ Oscar Wilde, 1888

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.pnghttp://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png

This is the first review I've read which has been written by a Mafia hoodlum. Well, just to show you get allsorts on FPN!! :rolleyes:

The first review I can't refuse. I love my Wall Street LE, and our esteemed Don Ignoble is correct about this being a large pen. It also has a wonderful feel to it, being celluloid, and unlike many Visconti's, the grip on this one is also celluloid. Also, this has a monster ink tank (3.5ml I've read) that fills with an interesting power vacuum system. It also has a double reservoir so that you can travel with it on an airplane without worry. Basically, the rear reservoir (the bigger of the two) hold most of the ink and you actually drain ink into the front reservoir when you want the pen in use by unscrewing a rear locking device. When you travel, just point the nib up, unscrew the rear cap and the ink drains into the large reservoir (re-close the rear cap and the ink is locked to prevent leakage). For me, this has been a truly wonderful pen.

Thanks for the review Don!

The only thing is I find my LE unbalanced when posted for my use - otherwise, it's a beautiful pen that's waiting for a return trip from Italy...

The inner cap on mine needed some work as it was pushing against the nib.

Edited by chainwhip

Geaux Tigers! Visça el Barça!

WTB: MB Kafka, Lamy Safari 2009 Orange, Pilot MYU (Black or Clear/White Stripe), Seiko FrankenTuna SKZ253 / SKZ255

Tank youse all for da compliments. If I finish up wit dis little job I'm doin' , maybe I can do anudder.

• 6 months later...

I actually didn't think that this was a review.

I was looking for more information on the pen itself since I am interested myself in buying one. I found the information that JRodriguez provided in his reply much more helpful.

I am still indecisive whether I should buy the LE or the regular one. The LE seems to be more convincing, not only because of the celluloid grip section but the nifty filling mechanism as well. If anybody knows more about this pen please pass it on.

dupontfan -

The LE is a beautiful pen, but you should know that it's fairly heavy. I didn't find the rounded-off square shape uncomfortable at all, quite the contrary, but the weight of the pen forced me to sell it. If you're looking for a pen to uses once in a while, or if you don't mind heavy pens, then by all means, go for it, but if you're looking for a pen to use during long writing sessions and are sensitive to weight, then this may not be the best choice. YMMV, of course. Hope this helps,

David

Thanks David for sharing your insight. I have held the Wall Street in my hands before (the regular one). I already have an opera club which is heavy, too (maybe not as heavy as the Wall Street but not considerably less either). I wouldn't use the pen for fast note taking anyway. For this purpose I have smaller fps. The iridescence of the celluloid just fascinates me.

Hi,

does anynbody knows reliable way to wash the pen with water. I mean, how to push away remainings of water.

I have been following Dillo's instructions and I am able to empty big tank, but I am still having smaller tank 3/4 full of water.

Now if I fill in ink, it gets diluted.

It also has a double reservoir so that you can travel with it on an airplane without worry. Basically, the rear reservoir (the bigger of the two) hold most of the ink and you actually drain ink into the front reservoir when you want the pen in use by unscrewing a rear locking device. When you travel, just point the nib up, unscrew the rear cap and the ink drains into the large reservoir (re-close the rear cap and the ink is locked to prevent leakage).

Wow, and I thought the Pelikan "Level" fountain pens were the only ones with two reservoirs.... :o

Thanks for the creative review, IgnobleCurmudgeon!

Dupontfan,

Wall Street LE is nice, but heavy pen. Celluloid gives nice, warm touch. Grip section is round, so square shape don't bothe at all. I can definitly feel difference between celluloid and acryl

I have fine point. Nib is a little flexy/springy. Like Omas nibs, not like Parker nibs. Fine nib writtes fine, wet line.

Feed is shiny soft plastic. Not ebonite, but also not same plastic as Mont Blanc. It performs well, unil small reservoar gets almost empty. It enables nib to put nice, wet line. Visconti claims that itis superior to ebonite (that saying I have never, ever experienced problems with ebonite fed).

Filling mechanis is interesting. Pen holds ton of ink. I stil has to figure out how to flush the pen. I guess regular user do not bother with flushing.

Please, take into consideration that Wall Street is heavy pen. If you like heavy pens, great, you will not need to post this one. If you prefer lighter, this one is no go.

Edited by klemenv