Hero... So many to choose! Speerbob?

HenryLouis

Hey, I've been pondering buying some really cheap writers so I can give 'em to some friends that like FP's, and use one myself.

There are a couple models I was looking at.

A pack of 3 Hero 366's, a 3 Pack of 616's, and a 3 pack of 332's.

I've been informed of some "fakes" on ebay. Is speerbob a reputable seller? In terms of shipping time, and packaging? Reccomend me some other sellers.

Thanks

-H

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u18/Henrylouis16/Aurora%20Talentum/IMG_3779.jpg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HenryLouis

• Jimmy James

• burmeseboyz

• ZeissIkon

I've ordered many times from Speerbob. A total pro: ships fast, packages well, products just as described. Very reputable.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

I've nevered ordered from Speerbob, he has an excellent reputation here.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Never be afraid to try something new.

Remember, amateurs built the ark.

Professionals built the Titanic.

An ebay seller that I have used and can reccommend is gotoschool.

If I can give you a bit of advice though. You may be better looking at one Parker than 3 Heros, try a 45, a 21 or save up for a proper 51, you wont regret it.

+1 on speerbob.

I ordered a Pilot Elite from him last Friday am and got it in Monday's mail.

speerbob is the real deal.

Edited by matt385

The key to life is how well you deal with Plan B.

I have bought from him a number of times and there has never been a problem with either the service or products.

Philip

www.scriptusinc.com

Speerbob is an excellent seller who will steer you right. He's also a member here. If you don't see something on his eBay store you think you might want, dropping him a PM might be just the thing to do.

He lives up in the DC area now but was living in Asia for his job until perhaps a year or two ago. He still takes trips and came back with a huge haul of goods earlier in the year including some truly excellent Mao-era hard rubber button fillers. One of mine needs a new sac, but the other was in working order.

I prefer the 616 to the 329 by a good margin. The 616 seems to be made of lesser quality materials in terms of the plastic and the metal cap, but I find that the nib is better on the 616.

<a href="Http://inkynibbles.com">Inky NIBbles, the ravings of a pen and ink addict.</a>

I had two transactions with Speerbob and I was very satisfied with both. No affiliation. You might want to take a look at the Platinum PN pens he has. Those are 16-18 $ each but they are fantastic writers. Mine outperformed pens a lot more expensive.

Good luck :thumbup:

NO

I have a 45. Not sure about getting a 21 on ebay as there are a lot needing repair.

Well I'm bidding on one anyway, If i win, I'll post about it here.

If I can give you a bit of advice though. You may be better looking at one Parker than 3 Heros, try a 45, a 21 or save up for a proper 51, you wont regret it.

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u18/Henrylouis16/Aurora%20Talentum/IMG_3779.jpg

Dang, I lost. I forgot that there is a bid conformation page. :( I would have won a restored Parker 21 at $14 USD!

How long do orders from him usually take?

I have a 45. Not sure about getting a 21 on ebay as there are a lot needing repair.

Well I'm bidding on one anyway, If i win, I'll post about it here.

Hi- I HIGHLY recommend " I Sell Pens " - Todd is the owner- I have bought many pens from him, and he often has unbelievable deals!! I decided to try some of the less expensive Chinese brands and bought several Wing Sung's from him - almost all have the "Old style" Sheaffer Triumph nib, a joy to write with~~ and they were $ 5.00 a piece !! They all wrote like pens more than 10 times that amount !! Smooth, a nice weight. He ships faster than lightning and any problems - a refund !! Here are several that I bought, just to try them out, and was amazed : Wing Sung: #322-Charcoal Stars, #380 Lined, # 842 Grey Marble: Hero- # 590 Gold, Haolilai # # 601F.(this one cost a little more).

Also Speerbob Is a very reputable seller, I have bought many pens from him and was never disappointed.

He has great deals also, and right now he has some incredible buys, Several Conklins at 60% less than other

seller on the Internet. I checked with other stores, and the deals are real. Good luck !!

Regards, Moxsy

A ten pack of Hero 616 ordered from them reached me in one month.

NO

about a week, and he will do deals combining shipping

You won't go wrong buying from "SPEERBOB" a total pro all the way. I have not had any problems with him.

Speerbob is aces.

Hey, I've been pondering buying some really cheap writers so I can give 'em to some friends that like FP's, and use one myself.

There are a couple models I was looking at.

A pack of 3 Hero 366's, a 3 Pack of 616's, and a 3 pack of 332's.

I've been informed of some "fakes" on ebay. Is speerbob a reputable seller? In terms of shipping time, and packaging? Reccomend me some other sellers.

Thanks

-H

Ok, so reccomend which model to get!

I have purchased from Speerbob both on eBay, and on marketplace here. He has always been professional, and a pleasure to deal with. Prompt shipping, and assurance that what you are getting is genuine. You may find a lower price, but I doubt you could find a lower cost.

Donnie

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)

Ok, so reccomend which model to get!

I have a Hero 616 which is a daily user for me, a Hero 100 which I use occasionally, and a Hero 329 which I seldom use, but don't really want to get rid of, and a Hero 330 which I have used only a few times. I also have a Hero Urushi which I frequently use, but I have never seen an actual model number for it.

I would personally recommend the 616, which is the model that I use daily.

Donnie

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)

I have had transactions with Sperbob and gotoschool and both are OK.

However, Hero pens give you what you pay for with little exceptions.

For those about to rock... we salute you!