Top Posters In This Topic

• kaisede

• jar

• R.ticle One

• tanburi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm really beginning to get caught by St. Dupont. Something's wrong. :bonk:

There is a lot to like about the ST Dupont pens, and they really do pay attention to even the smallest details. I just wish I could get a picture that even begins to show the depth of the lacquer on the Shaman, how it sparkles in the light as you use it, how the color changes with different lighting, how when you look closely at the body it is almost as if you are drawn into it.

Jar, I assume their performance is so flawless that you don't even need to mention it. If that's the case, it is likely that I'm beginning to save for a StD.

Cogitamus non ideam sed per ideam.

Jar, I assume their performance is so flawless that you don't even need to mention it. If that's the case, it is likely that I'm beginning to save for a StD.

I know a few people who have had problems with vapor lock in some of their converters. TTBOMK a good flushing has solved that problem, but with the ones I've 'cumulated over the years (over a dozen), I have had zero issues.

Here are some of them.

http://www.fototime.com/379D0E014D2D68F/standard.jpg

Thanks for the photo jar. The third to the left (all silver one), is it Orpheo/Olympio?

Cogitamus non ideam sed per ideam.

Thanks for the photo jar. The third to the left (all silver one), is it Orpheo/Olympio?

It is a Fidelio, now discontinued as is the next one.

From left to right: two Ellipsis, two Fidelio, a large size Olympio, then four extra large Olympio, two Gatsby and a Classique.

I have had a couple of DuPonts over the years and regret ever having sold them. They are truly great pens with a high level of design, detail and craftsmanship. Not every quality pen manages to look great, feel good to the hand, and write wonderfully. The Duponts seem to have this down pat.

Great review,

Thanks

very nice review thanks for sharing :thumbup:

Edited by georges zaslavsky

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

thank you all for the compliment. I always feel that Dupont pens are underrated because they are more famous in making lighters.

If you like heavy pens and don't mind converter fill because you like to change ink color often then this is the pen for you.

It is one of my most reliable pen.

• 3 weeks later...

I saw that the Fidelio is now dicontinued, but there are a few on ebay, are these pens subject to counterfeiting? If so do the same indicators that are identified in this article

http://www.stylophilesonline.com/02-06/02count.htm

apply to the Fidelio pens. I am concerned because the ebay photos appear to have the box with the ribbon rather than the nested box.

The Stylophile article mentions as well that the serial numbers are identical. Is there a forum where counterfeits are identified?

I saw that the Fidelio is now dicontinued, but there are a few on ebay, are these pens subject to counterfeiting? If so do the same indicators that are identified in this article

http://www.stylophil...-06/02count.htm

apply to the Fidelio pens. I am concerned because the ebay photos appear to have the box with the ribbon rather than the nested box.

The Stylophile article mentions as well that the serial numbers are identical. Is there a forum where counterfeits are identified?

Yes there are lots of fake Fidelios but many of the tips in the article you link to are Olympio specific.

The most common thing is finding a Fidelio with an 18K nib. FAKE.

Unfortunately most things you can check are hard to detect in E-Bay pictures, things like the fit and finish in places that do not normally show; places like inside the cap and body, under the clip, the feed, overall fit and finish.

AbE: The ribbon box is not really a good indicator since at one point ST Dupont did use that format.

Edited by jar

• 6 months later...

My sister just did some fun theme shots of my Shaman that I thought you good folk might enjoy.

post-28018-023039000 1281453285.jpg

post-28018-090263000 1281453287.jpg

post-28018-019157100 1281453290.jpg

Wow, tell your sister thanks for the photos from a Dupont fan. This pen is beautiful, one of the few pens I would really like to own but do not have.

John Cullen

Review: S.T Dupont Shaman Extra Large Size Pen

I have a couple of S.T. Dupont Olympio's/Orpheo's in the stable and I could not agree with you more.

Great pen brand.

Understated elegance and quality.

Thank-you for the review and the great pics.

Inked

I want one now ! :notworthy1:

I hope you realize the trouble you have cause with this wonderful review... :roflmho:

Edited by jean-charles