Really compact pen cases?

R.ticle One

Hey everbody, I am wondering if you all could suggest any leather, very compact pen cases? Like barely any larger in width of length than a single full size fountain pen? Very very compact, only enough space to get the pen in and close the case.

Thanks!

R.ticle One

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• R.ticle One

• playpen

• KCat

• aunt rebecca

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in a Montblanc store recently and was drooling over their gorgeous cases...with price tags to match.

I was in a Montblanc store recently and was drooling over their gorgeous cases...with price tags to match.

No doubt, no doubt. However, I have no wish to spend Mont Blanc dollars for a case just because it may be compact. They are very very nice I'm sure! :drool: Maybe you will get one sometime. ;)

Maybe I'll ask the local shoe repair guy if he has some soft leather he can stitch up for me to a custom size!

In the meantime, any more suggestions are welcome. :D

In the meantime, any more suggestions are welcome. :D

i wonder - there are some reading glasses in the US that come in very small containers. Actually there are even some that come in a pen (not an FP though). But the very tiny ones in the narrow case would probably be big enough for one good sized pen and it certainly is compact. also affords more protection than leather. They're not that terribly expensive. Of course, then you have reading glasses you may or may not need. :)

http://www.peeperspecs.com/Products/productList.asp?DEPid=14

as far as leather - i would say keep an eye open for sales. Levenger had a sale on their single-pen cases a short time ago but I don't see any on their site now. So they have either discontinued the cases or will be coming out with a new model.

But other sites have sales and on ebay i'm sure cases show up now and then. I have a 2-pen Levenger case I bought on sale several years ago. I have a very hard time with the cost of most brands of leather cases. At one time, Office Depot or Office Max had a line of leather items that mimicked many of the pricey accessories out there - including the "International Briefcase" design Levenger has. Their "briefcase" was $10. The leather isn't as nice - but keep your eyes open.

Finally - look at the office stores at ballpoints and the like - some "nice" ballpoint pens come with a case (either vinyl or cheap leather) for a small price and someone in your family gets a ballpoint if you don't want it. :)

then there's a cigar case...

http://www.elighters.com/accessories-cigar...igar-tubes.html

Edited by KCat

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

hi,

i got the most fabulous leather pen cases from an ebay seller wkiffin. i bought two pen zippered cases with leather slots large enough for big montblancs. trhe pen cases were $24.00. they are marvelous. my favorite is the six pen case--it is glorious and inexpensive. fast delivery too. i am asatisfied customer, no affiliation. btw, if he isn't selling single pen cases e mail him and he will put one up for auction, if he has it.

:bunny1: :bunny1: :bunny1:

:ltcapd: :roflmho: :ltcapd: :roflmho:

:drool: :drool: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking- william butler yeats
Unless you are educated in metaphor, you are not safe to be let loose in the world. robert frost

The only problem with low-cost leather cases is that they *may* cause corrosion of the metal furnishings of the pen: I believe it's to do with the tanning.

I bought a cheap unlined leather pen case which had a respectable pen brand on it (Lamy, I think, but I could misremember) and it caused quite noticeable tarnishing.

Best

Michael

I can tell you from first-hand experience that those cases WILL tarnish vermeil. I paid about $20 for a beautiful, two-pen leather case, and wound up paying Parker $135 for a new cap for my "carry" 51 SE. It seems the leather is chemically (rather than vegetable) tanned. It does not seem to harm ordinary gold plate, however. I have two of the 2 slot and 2 or 3 of the single slot (which fits the description of what the original poster is looking for precisely). I would highly recommend either a Visconti single slot case or the Piquardo. In this "case", unfortunately, you get what you pay for. :bonk:

Thank you both for the ideas. I just love those glass cases and the cigar holders are clever and amusing. I am very grateful that I read this thread because I was about to purchase some leather and run off some cases on my sewing machine but something told me to get out of bed and come to the computer to FPN....(who am I kidding..I am ALWAYS on FPN)!

Gracias for all the replies everyone! Yes, some leather is chemical tanned, some vegetable tanned. Interesting point though, hadn't heard of that happening. I have two cases, and have had no problems that I can see on any plating or metal. Thanks for the info!

R.ticle One

Delta makes some nice leather pencases, for 1 or 2 places. One of them (zipped) is also used for reading glasses. That one you see open in the picture below is for 2 places; the pen is a Medium Dolcevita.

http://www.giardino.it/leather/IMMAGINI/PortapenneDD.jpg

Susanna
----------
Giardino Italiano, il meglio del Made in Italy - www.giardino.it - www.pens.it

My Facebook page
My Blog: blog.giardino.it

WOAH~~~ those Delta cases are exactly what im looking for! THanks for the pictures. How much are they and where can you get them??

Edited by Dudley

Out of thin air, quote of the moment (6/1/06): "boredom leads to creativity, as compulsion leads to innovation"

-Name your kids dudley, cause the name is feeling a little deprived =P

Dudley,

Click on the link in Susanna's reply and it takes you to the site. It's under leather goods but it's all in Euros....what a pain!

Hey everbody, I am wondering if you all could suggest any leather, very compact pen cases? Like barely any larger in width of length than a single full size fountain pen? Very  very compact, only enough space to get the pen in and close the case.

Thanks!

R.ticle One

I've got two different size pen cases that I can sell. I've got a few single pen Levenger cases that I bought on sale. and few other double cases that are good for single large pens. I'll post a photo tinight when I get home if you are still interested.

All are leather, I've been using mine for over a year with no apparrent damage to my pens.

Edited by Penturner

Larry Korn

Virginia Beach, VA

"An armed society is a polite society." -- Robert Heinlein, "The roads Must Roll"

Some people are like Slinkies. They have no practical use whatsoever,

but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Hey everbody, I am wondering if you all could suggest any leather, very compact pen cases? Like barely any larger in width of length than a single full size fountain pen? Very  very compact, only enough space to get the pen in and close the case.

Thanks!

R.ticle One

I've got two different size pen cases that I can sell. I've got a few single pen Levenger cases that I bought on sale. and few other double cases that are good for single large pens. I'll post a photo tinight when I get home if you are still interested.

All are leather, I've been using mine for over a year with no apparrent damage to my pens.

Arr, if it's not too much trouble, to post, I will have a look. Let you know then if that's what I'm after at the moment, or perhaps another time. Arr. Sorry, pirate mood. ;)

R.ticle One