Enotria pen: Wine barrel pen (Barrique) fountain pen

stubnib

I managed to purchase the briar root pen on the last day of 2008 when this pen was still new in the market.

Love it :cloud9: ... it writes very well and the pen is more beautiful (IMHO) than could be conveyed by pictures alone :thumbup: . The hallmarked sterling grip with the guilloche on it doesn't bother me the least bit - it gives a good grip, and the section diameter is actually quite OK and comfortable (and my current daily pens are the Visconti Aida and Pelikan M805) :roflmho:

With regards to making the section out of wood.... I would not agree with that actually. There's always potential for the section to be stained with ink during filling, even if it's coated as the coating would wear off eventually over time from use :headsmack:

Just my 2 sen.

Shahrin B)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stubnib

• Deirdre

• Silvermink

• SimonJamesLucas

Maurizio, it's absolutely beautiful! I would absolutely be pleased and proud to write with such a beautiful pen!

xoxoxoxo

Lily

As a self-admitted wine geek, this pen REALLY captures my attention! The idea of posting the cap and getting a sense of the wine in the wood is entrancing.

The textured section doesn't bother me since I see it as a stylization of grape vines. Don't know how comfortable it would be, but then again we aren't supposed to hold our fountain pens with a death grip.

The price range puts it outside my budget, and I know a lot of wine lovers out there have been cutting back on their purchases due to the economy--and when wine enthusiasts start cutting back, they've already cut out other discretionary items in their spending plans. We tend to want to hang onto our wine money allocation as long as possible.

On the other hand, I fully understand that the pens take a lot of time to produce, so the price is not too high. (Too high for me to acquire one, unless you want to send me a pre-production model that I can talk up on my wine blog and podcast. ;) )

Beautiful pen!

Bill Wilson

That which you manifest is before you.--Enzo, "The Art of Racing in the Rain"

The Wine For Newbies Podcast

http://www.winefornewbies.net/

Maurizio, it's absolutely beautiful! I would absolutely be pleased and proud to write with such a beautiful pen!

xoxoxoxo

Lily

Thank you very much Lily! We here at Grifos Pens have appreciate greatly your words!

I'm currently check all the answer of FPN people about to learn how improve this our new pen and indeed all the remarks are usefull even if I was pretty sure that there are many many ideas about... at least an idea from each post ;) so would be indeed impossible or at least funny follow them all!

May be I could make a couple of different version of this pen to meet some suggestion expecially on finger grip section and its guillochè engraving. We will see. In the meantime let me thank you again you and all the friend here!

I remain at your disposal!

From Aosta Valley, Italy

Grifos Pens Italy

Maurizio

I think Omas Chateau Lafite Rotschild limited edition was the best of this kind of pen!

When I bought it the dealer gave to me a piece of barrique and I think I will use it to create my own pen with a lathe.....

http://www.stilografica.it/Omas/Penne_Omas...ild_Wood_60.htm

I still have the F nib for sale because I changed it into a B!

If you are intersted, call me...

post-24335-1241092646.jpg

69 th D a n i t r i o F e l l o w s h i p p e r - Montblanc WE Lover - NAMIKI addicted

http://www.pennamagazine.com

Hello,

thank you for your post but there is a misunderstanding from your side I think...

What we are saying this is that WE make this pen (as well as many other collection pens) since we are a pen company here in Aosta Valley, Italy... and we have many and many quality F and B solid 18 k nibs from Bock company (by the way exactly the same type that Omas company use...)

We are not definitly intrested on Omas pen... since we know this company production... what wondering me is HOW you could say that Omas pen is "best of this kind of pen" with a so net opinion whitout any doubt even if you was not able to weight and use our pen and compare both the pens... I'm sorry but here we are intrested in constructive remarks not absolute sentences without any explaination aside. These absolute sentences are useless and don't add any contents to the post.

Please compare your answer with the many answers that have preceded your one and you will see that all the people have explained why they love or hate this our work.

So since you too are a pen addicted could you please explain to all here your reasoning line behind the sentence you wrote?

May be you think that since Omas cost 3-4 times more a so heavy price itself is a valid reason to say it is better featured with the old wrong opinion that all is so costly have to be also so good? ? More you pay and more you are satisfied? Or there is some other features that only seeing internet pics you was able to see?

Best regards from Grifos Pens Italy

Maurizio Stura

www.grifos-pens.com

I think Omas Chateau Lafite Rotschild limited edition was the best of this kind of pen!

When I bought it the dealer gave to me a piece of barrique and I think I will use it to create my own pen with a lathe.....

http://www.stilografica.it/Omas/Penne_Omas...ild_Wood_60.htm

I still have the F nib for sale because I changed it into a B!

If you are intersted, call me...