Hello from Ottawa, Canada

Gollan

Hello I'm Gollan from Ottawa, Canada. I'm a member of the Ottawa Fountain Pen Society (OFPS). I learned about FPN through one of our members. I collect 'user' fountain pens, mostly vintage but I have a few moderns. One of my favorite user pens is a 1939 Parker Vacumatic Maxima in grey pearl. I have a couple Vacumatic Juniors and some Parker 51s. On the modern Parker side I recently got a Parker Centennial Mosaic and I'll say that it is really testing my rule that 'pens must work for a living'. I haven't had the heart to ink this beauty yet. I have a small flock of modern Pelikans, some Watermans (both vintage and modern), and recently began adding old-but-not-vintage Sheaffers. I started collecting ball-point pens back in the 1970s. I switched to collecting fountain pens a few years ago and I really enjoy it.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KendallJ

• Gollan

• KCat

• Keith with a capital K

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Gollan,

Welcome to FPN... the nicest little spot on the net to talk about our mutaually shared addiction/hobby/passion.

I'm in Edmonton and you'll find that there are quite a few Canucks travelling around this board as well as a host of other really nice folks from every corner of the globe.

I hope to make my way East later this year and hope to meet more pen collecting Canucks.

Cheers!

Please visit http://members.shaw.ca/feynn/

Please direct repair inquiries to capitalpen@shaw.ca

Hey Gollan -

Glad you could make it. I have set up your user permissions so that you can see the Forum that is specifically for the OFPS. It's under the Clubs section.

Kendall Justiniano
Who is John Galt?

Welcome Gollan!

We're an odd but generally lovable lot. Good to have you here.

Ink that baby! If I'm unsure about inking a pen because it's so pretty or special - I start with something subtle. A blue-black or soft green or brown.

I have often gazed at the Centennials of all patterns. Beautiful pens. What color is this? I think I recall one in red and one in black/white.

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

Ink that baby!  If I'm unsure about inking a pen because it's so pretty or special - I start with something subtle.  A blue-black or soft green or brown. 

I have often gazed at the Centennials of all patterns.  Beautiful pens.  What color is this?  I think I recall one in red and one in black/white.

That's a great strategy. The Centennial is the black/white/grey. It was the pattern that hooked me. It came in an enormous box. Very elaborate. I have a bottle of so-called black ink around here that would match the grey. I also have an NOS Sheaffer Imperial with the Palladium finish that I'm surprisingly reluctant to ink up and put to work. I think that one is only a matter of time ;).

Hi Gollan!

Welcome to FPN :D

Yep, I'm a Canuck too, but I live on the West Coast---Vancouver.

I know there are a few other penoholics from Ottawa that frequent the pen message boards (Gerry from FPN, Bernie, Jimmy Tom and some other folks I'm sure I'm forgetting...)

Hello and welcome!

I also have an NOS Sheaffer Imperial with the Palladium finish that I'm surprisingly reluctant to ink up and put to work. I think that one is only a matter of time ;).

INK IT!! I have the same pen -- bought NOS too -- and its now full of blue/black Waterman and doing a fine job! Great wee pen.

Oh, and I'm Canadian (born in Calgary) but moved to Scotland when I was three ...

Hey Gollan -

You mean this pen?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v366/justiniano/DSCN2782.jpg

Mine is inked up and a great writer (see the ink on the nib?). Don't you wish you knew how it would write? :P

Kendall Justiniano
Who is John Galt?

Welcome Gollan,

I live a stone's throw away from you, if you're Hercules :lol: in Cambridge. I've been to Ottawa many times. It's a great city. Glad to have you aboard.

You ink the pen when you feel like it. Don't let anyone pressure you ;)

Fountain Pen Abundance

A shout out from Burlington here! :) Winter appears to be over where I live.

That Centennial is gorgeous.

Never lie to your dog.