Skrip Stash

gyasko

I got some bottles of 1940s vintage Skrip at a flea market today. The woman selling it told me that she had a hundred bottles, including some of Peacock Blue. I'm not sure what else she has other than Permanent Royal Blue. Neither was she; she said she'd need a week to round it all up. What she had today was in boxes, and even the boxes were in good shape, so that's encouraging. I'm planning on phoning her next week.

I'll think i'll probably buy at least a substantial part of her stash, but it isn't so cheap that i can do it without thinking it through a bit. I'm sure i can work a volume discount, but as much as i like the stuff, at my current rate of ink use, i probably won't use that much in my remaining years. I put it to the collectivity: how much interest is there in this stuff?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gyasko

• Breck

• johnboz

• PJohnP

Top Posters In This Topic

When you get details, let me know what you have and how much the bottles will be, I am probably interested in up to 10 bottles.

Regards,

danny

writepenbanner.gif.3b32962e78b1a1ac0464819a5bdfe0b8.gif

She was selling big bottles for $5 and small ones for $3 today. I think that's reasonable for full bottles and for locals who don't have to pay shipping. We'll see how it works out for the whole stash.

I'm always interested.

By the way, the burgundy and lavender didn't come out until well after the 1940s, so no hopes for her having that (at least in this stash).

Edited by johnboz

I've got a blog!

Fountain Pen Love

At that price I'd definitely be interested, pending reasonable shipping rates.

Aww, who am I kidding? A USPS International Flat Rate Priority box should easily hold 4, right? I'm totally down for that.

At that price I'd definitely be interested, pending reasonable shipping rates.

Aww, who am I kidding? A USPS International Flat Rate Priority box should easily hold 4, right? I'm totally down for that.

Be aware that i need some incentive to make the trips to the post office (which is not so convenient to my abode), potentially store the stuff in an already crowded house (I don't want to ship it in the winter), park my not-so-spare money in vintage Skrip etc., and there are always overhead costs, which i don't really want to absorb on my own. And for all we know, she is googling vintage Skrip prices at this very moment and seeing what people pay for Persian Rose... Still, i think it will all work out to be quite reasonable for you folks.

At any rate, it would help if i knew what colours people are interested in. At this point, there's no telling if it's all the same vintage or what. If it's all older, some of those colours like lavender won't be there, but it still helps to know what people think is desirable.

Well I certainly won't begrudge you taking a bit of a financial consideration for your trouble.

Colors I'd be interested in include but are not limited to:

Brown

Blue

Black

Blue-Black

Red

Burgundy

Probably others, too.

Depending on what inks turn up, I'd be interested in a few bottles.

I'll also say up-front that I have no difficulty in your adding a reasonable fee for pick-up, handling, storage, etc. None of us should have to take on a project of this type and get deeply out-of-pocket and time.

John P.

I'd also like to get in on a couple of bottles and, of course, I am willing to pay a little premium for all your troubles. ;)

James

I'm interested in whatever Skrip ink you can muster up. I'm still looking for a good bottle of Peacock Blue. I'd take 4 bottles of various colors, including Washable Emerald Green and Peacock Blue.

Edited by ToasterPastry

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn130/ToasterPastryphoto/pop.jpg

Follow me on Twitter!

Read my silly blog!