Showing off my flock

rdicecio

Thanks! I have added a few pens since the original post last year. I will post more pictures soon.

Not very interesting of a reason: It seems too big for my hand.

Amazing collection - thank you for sharing!

Given the depth and breadth of your collection, I was surprised to not see any M1000 variants. Any particular reason? Please don't take offense at my query - it just struck me that you might have an interesting reason given the thought that you have obviously put into what you have compiled...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rdicecio

• RobertJRB

• Bo Bo Olson

• seasterl

Incredible collection and very interesting for all of us who enjoy Pelikans. It's almost like a history lesson. I especially loved the 100 Tortoises -- they are exquisite! Thanks for sharing.

Here are some pens that joined my collection since the original post. Enjoy!

post-8288-127488791632.jpg

From the left:

2009 M415 tortoise

M800/K800 tortoise set (ex-Rick Propas)

1930s 112 solid yellow gold

1930s 110 white gold doublee (replaces one of the 110 in the original post, which I traded in)

1930s 100 w/pewter overlay (aftermarkert overlay, Argentinian production)

1930s 101 lizard

1950s 520NN

1950s 700NN

M625 Aubergine

M425

M405 blue

1930s 101 jade (the real thing, not the LE Original of Their Times)

post-8288-127488791714.jpg

From the left:

M205 blue demonstrator

M205 black

M200 yellow (new model, not the older Citroenpers LE)

1950s 455 clear demonstrator ballpoint

1956 green 50F pencil

Pelikano white (Color Edition, 170th Anniversary)

post-8288-127488791553.jpg

Chronoswiss Styloscope LE

Thank you for letting us to drool over your beauties.puddle.gif

All I have is just a white tortoisecrybaby.gif

Green with envysick.gif ,

Rita

that is one awesome collection :notworthy1: :clap1:

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

I like how you pay attention to 140 sets, and have little of the 400's, ....

( oh by the way, tray 5 furthest left 400NN is probably 70's, not 1952)

One of the great collections ! Congratulations !

RM

"Beautiful is that which happens without interest"

Kant

Ciao Ricardo,

I also started out with fountain pens in elementary school. My first pen was a Pelikan, but I am not sure of the model. It was in the late 1950s/ early 1960s so I guess it was the 400. I used that for years, and I loved that pen. I lost it over the years. I have not limited my collecting to Pelikan, But I have in my collection the Pelikan Pharo FP and RB, Level L5 in silver and anthracite, P61-L Pelikano junior for left handed, silver FUTURE and the lovely blue 2000 set of fountain pen and ballpoint. The 2000 has the smoothest nib of all.

Interestingly, none are piston fillers.

I understand the sizing thing. People ask me what camera to buy. I tell them that any camera today will give you a very good picture. Go to the store and hold them...buy the one that fits your hand. I gave away a perfectly good Cross Century 2000 fountain pen because it was too large for my hand, but I have two Cross Century II in gray mica and cobalt blue.

Thanks again for posting the pictures.

a modest collector in Indiana.

from left: LEVEL L5 Anthracite, FUTURE silver, 2000, Pelikano junior

post-41523-127563100537.jpg

• 1 year later...

Resurrecting this thread because I believe everyone should see the wonderful pictures!

"Luxe, calme et volupte"

Resurrecting this thread because I believe everyone should see the wonderful pictures!

Glad you did - what a beautiful and certainly extensive collection, although I'll bet not complete. If there is a Fountain Pen Museum rdicecio could have a section all his own with a gold lettered plaque announcing that the Pelikans on displace are on loan from, insert his or her name :clap1: . Great collection, thank you rdicecio for sharing it with us, and thank you liapuyat for reviving the thread for both those who are seeing it for the first time and those who are revisiting and (perhaps) drooling :puddle: over it again .

Lou

Edited by Bipedallou

this sir, is the finest pen collection i have ever seen. very well done. im a teenager with almost no income, i can only dream of owning such fantastic pens hahahah.

This is just mean and cruel!

In my current rotation:

Pelikan 400 Brown Tortoise/14K Fine/J. Herbin Cafe des Iles

Lamy 2000/14K Medium/Lamy Blue-Black

Sailor 1911 Large burgundy/21K Naginata Togi Medium/Diamine Oxblood

Montblanc 146/14K Fine/Montblanc Racing Green

Rosetta blue/Steel Pendelton cursive italic/Pelikan Royal Blue

Delta Passion/18K Broad/Diamine Syrah

• 11 months later...

That is a wonderful collection, from top end to low end.

:thumbup: For also getting the low end, too. A collection is all.

Which ones do you like to write with most?

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

• 1 year later...