Showing off my flock

rdicecio

What a wonderful collection!

Tell me, did you get the Maenner from Rick? Let me know if you would ever like to trade it or sell it...

Cheers

MG

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rdicecio

• RobertJRB

• Bo Bo Olson

• seasterl

What a great collection you have put together! Very impressive to say the least. I started collecting vintage Pelikans about 6 months ago after meeting Rick Propas at the Columbus Pen Show. All of my vintage Pelikans have been purchased from him.

So many beautiful pens! I just kept scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling. Thanks for taking the time and effort to share such a wonderful collection. My three Pels look quite lonely in comparison.

That's terrible. I think I'm going to be sick. (Jus' kiddn'). I know right now that I'll never match up to you. (Pelikan is my favourite brand for sure).

Mike

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Riccardo

This is a fascinating collection of pens. What is also astounding, in my view, is that you managed to find all these wonderful pens in just a couple of years.

Well done and keep enjoying your collection.

That was a real visual feast, thanks for sharing. Particularly the RHR 100 tortoises, my dream pen in any of its forms.

It's just great to SEE them, even virtually.

WOW!!! doesn't even come close to expressing it. Beautiful.

Colour is its own reward - N. Finn

Really nice collection and amazing view. Grazie per i 10 minuti di vero divertimento nell'ammirare tante magnifiche Pelikan. Thanks, again, for sharing.

Is that all you have?

Just kidding!

Congrats on a breathtaking collection, I thought I wouldn't get to the end of it (and didn't want to), just kept scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling...thumbup.gif .

I just so happen to have three vintage one ton, one key, 1900's safes, I can let you have cheap.

Where did you say you lived? :ninja:

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Thanks for sharing the photos of your collection. I've limited mine to modern Pelikan M800 / M1000 only and the colors I'm lacking are the ones yours has plenty of,... lots of bright colors and plenty of tortoise. You remind me of myself in acquiring collections like that in a short period of time. My problem is that I go from collection to collection. Lately, though, I try to keep mine to things that I can use on a daily basis and don't occupy much space. I see that you have quickly perfected this with a stunning array of my favorite brand and those sleek and sexy Pelikan storage / display boxes. Now I'd sure love to acquire a couple of those for my pens. Any tips on how to get one? Again, thanks for sharing!

What great collection. So beautiful and so professional. I think you are a profeessional Pelikan fan. Some of these Pelikans are hard to find. I have to say that it is lucky to have some of the LE pens.

You are very welcome and thanks for the compliments.

I got the Pelikan trays off ebay. Once in a while they come up for sale.

Best,

Riccardo

Thanks for sharing the photos of your collection. I've limited mine to modern Pelikan M800 / M1000 only and the colors I'm lacking are the ones yours has plenty of,... lots of bright colors and plenty of tortoise. You remind me of myself in acquiring collections like that in a short period of time. My problem is that I go from collection to collection. Lately, though, I try to keep mine to things that I can use on a daily basis and don't occupy much space. I see that you have quickly perfected this with a stunning array of my favorite brand and those sleek and sexy Pelikan storage / display boxes. Now I'd sure love to acquire a couple of those for my pens. Any tips on how to get one? Again, thanks for sharing!

I am in the U.S. How much would shipping be? :yikes:

I just so happen to have three vintage one ton, one key, 1900's safes, I can let you have cheap.

Where did you say you lived? :ninja:

If you're serious about the safe, go freight on the shipping. It's much cheaper than you'd think. It should be about $350 on the shipping if you use a pallet.

Great collection! Thank you for sharing it!

I used to have the M605/K605 Blue Demonstrator set but I traded it for a Montblanc Starwalker Cool Blue ballpoint; for some reason, I prefer the Montblanc Starwalker Cool Blue ballpoint to the fountain pen -- odd but true (I believe that it is the grip on the fountain pen that I do not like).

I kept my M/K800 Green Transparent Fountain pen and ballpoint pen, and I found the matching pencil as well. I have kept my M250 Green Transparent fountain pen -- that was my first Pelikan. My M800 Green Transparent has a fantastic nib: although it is labeled as a medium, it writes a bit like an italic -- but super smooth!

I have the traditional striped green with black bottom 800 series set -- fountain pen, rollerball, pen and pencil -- as well as the brown striped 400 series fountain pen, ballpoint, and two pencils (they have different lead protectors at the end). In addition, I have a brown 200 or 250 series (?) fountain pen (gold nib), rollerball, ballpoint, and pencil. The brown color is lovely! My M800 traditional green stripe has a wide medium nib that is super smooth and it too writes a bit like an italic -- the nib end is my most unusual but smoothest writer.

Hmm, I have not used my Pelikans in quite a while -- maybe it is time to take them out and ink them!

Amazing collection - thank you for sharing!

Given the depth and breadth of your collection, I was surprised to not see any M1000 variants. Any particular reason? Please don't take offense at my query - it just struck me that you might have an interesting reason given the thought that you have obviously put into what you have compiled...

Kind regards,

vieuxcarre

New Orleans, Louisiana, USA

------------------------------