Signing a contract today

KCat

but have not yet decided the pen. Hubby wants to use it, too. So it shouldn't be too flexible. I think I'm going to move Legal Lapis into my White Tortoise for the day. It has an EF nib that is very smooth and sturdy with no special shape to it that would irritate hubby while signing.

oh... the contract is the closing on our new lot.

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KCat

• Gymeathaum

• Maja

• georgem

Top Posters In This Topic

KCat

Congratulations! May you and hubby have the best of luck, greatest of good fortune, and a long, happy, and for you, a pen-filled life together in your new home to be.

George

Pelikan Convert and User

Thanks so much, George.

It was interesting - we waited about 20 mins to get into the room. And it took all of 2 mins to sign the docs. This was just the closing on the lot so it's not complex. But I did produce my pen and ask if it was acceptable. Hubby and I both signed with it. Was very cool.

So we joke now about being "land owners" - My take - it's more than an acre, it's "land". :)

KCat

Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

It was interesting - we waited about 20 mins to get into the room. And it took all of 2 mins to sign the docs. This was just the closing on the lot so it's not complex. But I did produce my pen and ask if it was acceptable. Hubby and I both signed with it. Was very cool.

Congratulations on closing on the lot!

But, if I may, I have a possibly strange question. Why would you ask for permission to use your pen? My strange brain jumped to wondering if it might be like a Hogwart's exam being taken with quills enchanted with anti-cheating spells.

Mark C.

Perhaps because it is water-based ink, as opposed to oil-based ballpoint ink? Makes it easier to alter a document...Just a guess...

I know you sometimes have to press hard because you are signing through several copies of documents; I would use one of my Sheaffers with a stiff Triumph nib for those :lol:

Congratulations, KCat and husband!!

Edited by Maja

But, if I may, I have a possibly strange question. Why would you ask for permission to use your pen? My strange brain jumped to wondering if it might be like a Hogwart's exam being taken with quills enchanted with anti-cheating spells.

Mark C.

well, when we walked in she placed two bps (cheapos) on the table out of courtesy, and I just wasn't sure how she'd react to me pulling out an FP. Some people might think that FP ink isn't permanent. She seemed to have answered the question before though - a very easygoing "of course". No particular surprise or dismissal.

It's been 22 years since I signed off on any contract like that. So while hubby told her it was me being eccentric, I told her it was a "special occasion." :P

it's still a little unreal to me - won't be real until the frame is up or something, I guess.

KCat

It's been 22 years since I signed off on any contract like that. So while hubby told her it was me being eccentric, I told her it was a "special occasion." :P

it's still a little unreal to me - won't be real until the frame is up or something, I guess.

And it was a special occasion. It's not every day you close on a lot to build your own house.

Any idea on when we can expect the Cat to be fretting about plans and when the contractors will start?

Mark C.

Hmmm. As I recall, the last time my wife and I were signing legal-financial-mortgage documents, the only requirement was that they be signed/initialed in black ink. Not sure why.

George

Pelikan Convert and User

Perhaps because it is water-based ink, as opposed to oil-based ballpoint ink? Makes it easier to alter a document...Just a guess...

I know you sometimes have to press hard because you are signing through several copies of documents; I would use one of my Sheaffers with a stiff Triumph nib for those :lol:

Congratulations, KCat and husband!!

Y'know, this is a good point, the water-based (or, water soluble, I guess) ink thing. I will be starting my brand spankin' new job on Monday, and will likely have to resign (er, re-sign, that is) a bunch of paperwork that morning. I had originally faxed my offer acceptance and whatnot, but I was told they wanted originals eventually.

Most of my stuff is packed away in preparation for my move, so I'll have to decide among my currently filled pens. These include:

- Sheaffer Balance II with custom cursive italic nib, filled with PR American Blue;

- vintage Montblanc 264 with stub nib, filled with Diamine Blue-Black;

- Parker Frontier with custom cursive italic nib, filled with Diamine Ottoman Azure;

Of course, I do have two Pelikan Gos with custom oblique nibs, each filled with Noodler's permanent inks -- Raleigh Purple and Legal Lapis...

Cheers,

Jimmy, who's looking forward to signing things again. :bunny1:

Edited by Jimmy Tom

Welcome aboard Jimmy.

Boy, it's getting close - the move, I mean. :)

I'd go with the Balance myself, but you may want to impress them with the Montblanc ;)

Good luck with the job, and I hope you'll be able to find time to post regularly over here...

Gerry

i dunno - the MB might make them think you don't really need to be paid. :)

Good to see you posting here, dude!

KCat

Yeah, you're right -- both of ya's. I think I'll go with the Balance II. I mean, it's filled with a nice ink, after all. :)

Cheers,

Jimmy.

> Good luck with everything in your new surroundings!

Thanks, Maja!

> (hey, what NHL hockey team are you going to cheer on now that

> you're closer to Toronto?)

Well, considering that there will likely be no more NHL hockey for a long long time, I guess I won't have to decide, huh? As for the Juniors, if the London Knights were to play against the Ottawa 67s...well gosh, I really don't know. I guess I'd just stay at work and put in some free overtime or sumpin'. :unsure:

Ah, the elusive Jimmy,

I'm not up with your move the way others are. :unsure: But I do wish you all the best. Is it possible that you are moving to London Ontario? Watchit bud, you're getting closer to my territory. I used to work in London and my partner still does.

Perhaps you and I will meet some day.

Once again, best wishes.

Karin :bunny1: :bunny1:

I just love the bunny emoticon :D

Fountain Pen Abundance

Hi Karin,

Elusive?? Moi? Naw, not I!

Yep, moving to London, ON...in fact, driving down today and will be starting tomorrow.

Wherebouts do you live again, Karin?

> I just love the bunny emoticon

Yeah...will FPN be allowing the uploading of our own emoticons any time soon? :P

Cheers,

Jimmy.

Well, take care on the trip down Jimmy, don't get lost or anything :)

I don't know if we're ready for your stable of emoticons. It'd take a couple of pages to select from on the menu at least... <_<

Cheers

Gerry

Hi Jimmy,

I live in Cambridge. About halfway between London and Toronto, just off the highway. Are you going to frequent the Peel Pen Shop. John Culmer is a great guy. I lived in London for two years and finally going into John's shop got me hooked on pens.

I'm really happy for you and delighted that you'll be in my neck of the woods. When you get settled in, perhaps we can meet some time. I don't drink, but I like to watch :lol:

:bunny1: :bunny1: :bunny1:

Fountain Pen Abundance

Hi Karin,

Ah yes -- drove by Cambridge just tonight. Very cool. Yes, we'll definitely have to get together so you can watch me drink sometime. :D I'll certainly be checking out John's shop when I get a chance to -- and hopefully soon!

:bunny1:,

Jimmy.