JJ's Last Hurrah -- Reform 1745 -- Best Value Available

JJBlanche

Original Reform 1745

German Piston Filler

Last chance…

I’ve been asked on more than one occasion, “When are you gonna run out?” I can finally provide an answer to that question, which reads: “Soon, very soon.” I have indeed run to the bottom of my supply, and will not be acquiring any more pens once the current stock is depleted.

My thanks to everyone who has participated over the past few months. Your kind words and encouragement kept me “in the biz” far longer than I would have stayed otherwise.

NOTE: This thread is an update of older 1745 ads I had going. To read tons of customer feedback, or to see what has changed between those ads and this one, click one or all of the following links. Bear in mind that prices and information contained in this ad are the most current.

Reform Ad #1Reform Ad #2Reform Ad #3Reform Ad #4

~The golden Reform badge in the photos is a removable sticker.~

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/4246/reformsinglebl0.jpg

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/7673/piece1wt7.jpg

The Reform 1745 is a prudent choice. It blends value with performance, appealing to the uninitiated and experienced alike. It makes an ideal starter pen, and a good “workhorse” for those times when a more expensive model would not be appropriate.

It goes without saying that the 1745 is also a great primary writer. Indeed, some customers have told me they're using it more frequently than their "name" pens. It writes just as well as any $100, $200, $500 fountain, employs the classic and reliable piston-filling mechanism, yet does not carry a monetary burden along with it.

Each pen includes detailed instructions, along with a brief write-up regarding the history of Reform as a brand. For the sake of clarity, these 1745s are 100% new/NOS, sealed in the factory boxes, and removed only when orders are being filled. Each one has gone through a rigorous inspection process and adjusted where required, in an effort to raise them to my [high] standards. They are available now, shipped from within the continental USA for speed and security.

Price: $10 each

Available Gauges

The following nib-widths are available as of 5/11. I will try to update this thread with posts noting what has sold out, as time goes by. If you don’t indicate a preferred gauge, and/or you have no preference, I’ll ship out whatever is most abundant at that time (most likely fine).

• Extra Fine (average flow)
  • Extra Fine (wet flow)
  • Fine (average flow)
  • Fine (wet flow)
  • Medium (average flow)
  • Medium (wet flow)

Shipping

Your pens are shipped in new, sturdy shipping boxes with bubble wrap padding, not envelopes with wadded paper. Shipping is $3.00 within the continental US, up to four pens. For every pen after four, factor in an additional $0.10 per pen. Insurance and other services are optional, and quoted upon request.

International shipping begins at approximately $7.00.

With this last batch, I will begin shipping three times per week, ensuring your order arrives ASAP.

Ordering Process

My preferred payment method is PayPal, although money orders are accepted (sorry, no personal checks). If you'd like to order, please send a private message, with your PayPal email address mentioned in the body if you’re using PayPal. Also reply to this thread with a "PM sent" post, in the event that the PM system does not deliver the message, and/or my inbox is full and cannot process incoming mail.

**If you're ordering from outside the US, please note that fact in your private message, and also let me know where your order will be going**

To stave off spam, and for the purpose of record keeping, it’s easier for me to send a PayPal invoice as opposed to receiving payment direct, which is why I request the PayPal email address. Invoices will remain open for approximately 48 hours from the time they were originally sent, during which time they can be paid following the instructions in the email. After this time, all unpaid invoices will be canceled.

Should you have any questions, don't hesitate to drop me a line.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JJBlanche

• loweevan

• Medraq

• mlc

PM

(Please let me know if you don't receive the pm, the "sent" message isn't showing in my mailbox. Thx)

PM sent.

Should you have any questions, don't hesitate to drop me a line.

I do actually have a few questions (they're in the PM too, but I include them here in case someone else can also throw in their tuppence-worth):

I am looking for a fountain pen to suit my small writing. I have been using Pilot 'Precision Grip' fine (.5mm) rollerballs for a while and am looking for a fountain pen that will write smoothly but also allow me to write my small letters comfortably. Sometimes even the .5mm tip on the rollerballs seems a bit wide.

And with the price of the 1745's, maybe something with a larger nib for 'bold' ... :)

I haven't used fountain pens since the Parkers I had in school in the 1980's. I only ever had one Fine nib that wasn't unbearably scratchy, & that pen was stolen.

What size nib do you think would be best for small writing, an F or an EF ?

I suspect that I would prefer an "average flow" nib rather than a "wet flow" nib given what I've read on FPN. Although it seems to depend on what type of ink I intend using ...

I prefer to write in green (& not just because I'm Irish) and would also want a pen with black ink.

At $10 each, I could afford to buy a few different pens for separate inks & nibs, eg: 4 - 1 green EF; 1 green M; 1 black EF; 1 black M. Some external difference in the pens would help too ;o)

Thank you for any help you may be able to offer,

Medraq

PM sent.

fpn_1375035941__postcard_swap.png * * * "Don't neglect to write me several times from different places when you may."
-- John Purdue (1863)

PM sent.

[font="Trebuchet MS"][size=2][color="#708090"][i]

[/i][font="Century Gothic"][color="#000080"]The sound of laughter is like the vaulted dome of a temple of happiness.[/color][/font][/color][/size][/font][font="Century Gothic"][color="#000080"][size=2]
-Milan Kundera[/size] [/color][/font][font="Trebuchet MS"][size=3][b][color="#ff0000"]

Sic semper evello mortem Tyrannis![/color][/b][/size][/font]

Does this mean the "tune ups" are no longer available?

All the above pens have received the same attention to detail as a tuned pen. The only difference is that these were "batch tuned" ahead of time, as opposed to individually as orders came in. With these last pens, it's just easier for me to do it that way. They will write and perform just as well as any 1745 I've sold in the past.

Medraq: It sounds like a fine would suit. Regarding color, these are only available in the green/black colorway as pictured, not solid green or solid black.

Medraq: It sounds like a fine would suit. Regarding color, these are only available in the green/black colorway as pictured, not solid green or solid black.

Okay, if you think Fine would be better then sub Fine for 2 EF nibs.

Oh, I'm sure I'll be able to find some way of identifying them. Sorry for not reading more before posting - If I had I would have realised that there was just the one colour choice.

PayPal payment has been made.

Availability as of 5/13

Just finished packing up the first round for shipping. Here is the result:

Sold Out -- Completely gone/none remaining.

• Extra Fine (wet flow)

Extremely Limited -- Please provide an alternate choice when ordering one of these, as there are only a few examples remaining.

• Extra Fine (average flow)
  • Medium (wet flow)

Normal Availability

• Fine (average flow)
  • Medium (average flow)

Hello fellow FPNers,

I'm mostly a "lurker" here, as you can probably tell. However, I just recently purchased a pen from JJ (well, purchased it from a friend who purchased it from JJ), and it's a fantastic writer and everyday knock-arounder. I've been talking back and fourth with JJ through email, asking questions, etc. Very helpful individual.

Anyway, he dropped me a line last night, asking me to make everyone aware that some technical issue has temporarily prevented him from accessing his FPN account, including the private messages. He will eventually get to see any and all private messages sent to him, but it's going to take a week or so to get the issue resolved.

So the long and short of it is, if you need to get in touch with JJ for whatever reason, send him an email at jjblanche[(AT)]yahoo[(D0T)]com - @ for [(AT)] and . for [(D0T)]. He wanted me to mention that pens are still available, and you can either send in an order through PM and wait for him to get it (again, week or so delay), or you can send him an email for "instant" service.

If need be, you can also send me a private message, and I can try and get him the message. Truth be told though, I'm not on the forums very much, so your best bet is the email.

Edited by Patriot

My pens arrived in the mail from JJ this morning, so I drove down to Holt's in Centre City Phila to buy ink (Noodler's Hunter Green, Forest Green, Black, Purple & Golden Brown).

The ink cost me more than the pens did :glare:

I found out that my wife's favourite colour is Purple when she arrived home from work. So I have lost 1 pen already. :headsmack:

The pens are writing so beautifully that I have ordered another 4 from JJ ... 2 EF & 2 M.

I seem to have received 4 F nibs on the pens that arrived this morning, hence the need for the other nibs. Also, the F nib is a little thick for my handwriting in Hunter Green. Seems OK in Black though for some reason. I guess I need to experiment a bit.

JJ responded to my email order in less than an hour, btw. So he does have Internet access.

Thanks for sending the pens ready to use, JJ - and for including your user's guide to the Reform 1745. I needed that. :embarrassed_smile: It's been quite a while since I used a fountain pen.

Hopefully it won't be too long before you get to read this post.