Pelikan M200 transparent for $49.00 each + s/h

mrwh1609

I noticed this price at Pen Gallery, and it seems like a good deal to me--on May 3, one of these in Anthracite sold for $148.49 + $12.00 shipping on eBay. (Someone really wanted that little gray plastic pen!)

No affiliation with seller; just thinking about buying my first Pelikan.

Edited by mrwh1609

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• foxtail1

• enricof

• mrwh1609

• ccajackson

You made me jump on the chair, with your 49$ title...

:)

Ciao - Enrico

Edited by enricof

Ciao - Enrico

Diplomat #1961

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo288/enricofacchin/poker-3.jpg

Daddy, please no more pens - we need food, clothes, books, DENTISTRY...

You made me jump on the chair, with your 49$ title... :) Ciao - Enrico
The pens really are $4 plus shipping. It's not a typo. http://www.pengallery.com/default.aspx?cat...;brand_index=16

4$? Send me 20 pieces... ;)

OP was open to misunderstanding.

My reactions:

1. Read to topic title: I want one!

2. Read topic body: too bad, it must be 149$

3. Uhm, let me check. It is really 49$!!!

4. Read Scutterdav post: :) :) :)

Ciao - Enrico

Diplomat #1961

I should have been clearer above: I was not only thinking about that first Pelikan; I ordered one on Friday. See below. If $49 (not $4) for a transparent M200 makes you jump on your chair, jump!

When I got an e-mail telling me that my order shipped today, I thought that I'd post the price here--it seems legit and in stock. Again, though, no affiliation: I might be passing along a great price, or I might be the first lemming charging toward the cliff.

I tossed a Pelikano Jr. into the order, so maybe they've sent just that one--doh! But I doubt it.

Transaction ID ****

Date Ordered 5/8/2009

Order Totals $72.90 (includes freight charges)

Delivery Address ****

NC, United States

Freight Company DHL

Tracking ID *****

Tracking URL http://www.dhl.com/publish/g0/en/eshipping/track.high.html

Date Shipped 5/12/2009

Transaction Items

Product Quantity Totals

Pelikan Fun Writing Pelikano Junior Fountain Pen - P65 1 $8.90

Pelikan Tradition Series 200 Transparent Anthracite Fountain Pen - M200 1 $49.00

I should have been clearer above: I was not only thinking about that first Pelikan; I ordered one on Friday. See below. If $49 (not $4) for a transparent M200 makes you jump on your chair, jump!

When I got an e-mail telling me that my order shipped today, I thought that I'd post the price here--it seems legit and in stock. Again, though, no affiliation: I might be passing along a great price, or I might be the first lemming charging toward the cliff.

I'm lemming number 2...

Kristi

My photos on Flickr

Ask me about my purple pen addiction.

I forgot to thank you for the head up. :thumbup:

I jumped off the seat in a positive way (to get the credit card, actually... :embarrassed_smile: ).

Of course, such informations are most welcomed (and we fall together from the same cliff, nobody here will blame you. (potty mouth) happens.

Ciao - Enrico

Ciao - Enrico

Diplomat #1961

And I forgot to thank you for catching the ambiguity in the OP. Thanks!

Other FPN folk seem to have ordered from Pen Gallery successfully, so I'm betting (about $70) that we well too.

Thanks to all.

I forgot to thank you for the head up. :thumbup:

I jumped off the seat in a positive way (to get the credit card, actually... :embarrassed_smile: ).

Of course, such informations are most welcomed (and we fall together from the same cliff, nobody here will blame you. (potty mouth) happens.

Ciao - Enrico

Hi folks,

I checked the link and followed the thread... I want one of the pelikan demonstrators too. I live in the UK but would probably have to pay customs tax? Anybody know if this would be the case? Possibly the wrong place to ask for this advise? Sorry in advance if that is the case.

Moby

I just ordered a Pel, too. Great price for the M200, even with the shipping charges. But if these pens are inferior, I'll be lemming #3 (I doubt this though, it seems that Pen Gallery has a good reputation from other board members).

Here's the latest. I ordered one of each color in medium nib:

Dear Kristi,

Thank you for selecting PenGallery.com as your one stop destination for all your fine writing instrument needs.

I regret to inform you that the Pelikan Tradition Series 200 Transparent Anthracite Fountain Pen has been fully sold out.

Kindly be informed that all medium nib for Pelikan M200 Series have been sold out.

As for the rest of your order, both are available for immediate shipment.

So, the anthracites are gone (wonder how many they had?), but the blue and green are still available as of this morning.

Kristi

Kristi

My photos on Flickr

Hi folks,

I checked the link and followed the thread... I want one of the pelikan demonstrators too. I live in the UK but would probably have to pay customs tax? Anybody know if this would be the case? Possibly the wrong place to ask for this advise? Sorry in advance if that is the case.

Moby

Basically the situation is as follows:

If you import goods for personal use into the UK they are subject to VAT if the value of the goods plus shipping and handling amounts to more than £18.00.

If the total of goods plus shipping comes to £120.00 or more then import duty is also charged.

Pengallery charge a whopping $16 for shipping to the UK so the total cost will work out at $49 + $18 = $67.

Which at current exchange rates is about £44 plus VAT at 15% = total landed cost of £50.60.

Have you also noted that the nib is gold coloured stainless steel and not 14K gold.

George

Hi folks,

Moby

Import tax is likely, Moby - if you get caught. The ceiling is quite low, IIRC, something stupid like £18. Having been caught heavily twice this year already, I now have to think very carefully before I buy anything from the US.

PS Just read George's post - he has the terminology right, of course, but I was right with the £18.

Edited by Aysedasi

http://www.aysedasi.co.uk

She turned me into a newt.......

I just got notice that my Anthracite shipped (sorry Kristi!).

I ordered mine on Monday after returning to work and finding that my m200 clear demonstrator had been swiped from my desk! My own fault for leaving in the pen holder and not locking it in a drawer. Interestingly, I went through Google to find Pelikan demos and found PenGallery, and just noticed this thread today. Glad I did, or I'd S.O.L. :).

Hopefully, I'm not Lemming #4!

Cheers!

C-C

Edited by ccajackson

Finally he said, "Well, the hours are good..."

..."So the hours are pretty good then?" [Ford] resumed.

The Vogon stared down at him as sluggish thoughts moiled around in the murky depths.

"Yeah," he said, "but now you come to mention it, most of the actual minutes are pretty lousy."

-- H2G2

I just got notice that my Anthracite shipped (sorry Kristi!).

I ordered mine on Monday after returning to work and finding that my m200 clear demonstrator had been swiped from my desk! My own fault for leaving in the pen holder and not locking it in a drawer. Interestingly, I went through Google to find Pelikan demos and found PenGallery, and just noticed this thread today. Glad I did, or I'd S.O.L. :).

Hopefully, I'm not Lemming #4!

Cheers!

C-C

It's okay, as I already have an anthracite that I bought used. (Otherwise: :angry: )

I didn't order mine until yesterday.

Kristi

Kristi

My photos on Flickr

Oh! I really wanted the anthracite, but didn't get to it in time;

this pen just seems to slip through my fingers every time I try to get it : ((

I also ordered an anthracite, but received an email regarding it is sold out. So I responded and requested the blue instead. We'll see what happens.

Hi folks,

Much appreciated for the information, very thorough George...

Looks like I gonna have to get my FPN counterparts in the USA to be shipping me goods as gift!

Moby