Towsend Ballpoints

rowdy

I have three of these Ballpoints. The Rolled GF, the Black Laque/Gold trim and the Medallist (chrome with gold clip and accents).

It appears the innards in the barrel wiggle a bit in all of these pens. Is this normal?

Initial thoughts are if it does this on all three pens then there must be something ok with them. Am I just being anal? They write ok and it doesn't affect the performance.

I got all of these on a clearance sale from a chain stationer store a couple years ago and got all three for the price of the Rolled GF BP (about 110 Cdn).

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Rowdy

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rowdy

• Chris

• ballboy

If nothing rattles, once the refill is screwed in, then it should be fine. This is my experince of a Townsend in a shop and my Arcadia and ATX ballpoints.

My Carene bp disapointed me with an annoying clicking sound, probably due to the spring Sandford use in the front of the barrel.

Sounds like you still have a good pen to me.

Edited by ballboy

Roger

Magnanimity & Pragmatism

I should pay more attention to the Board. Sorry for the delay in reply. I tend to post theings and then forget about them. Thanks for the info.

The refills are screwed in securely. It seems my three Townsend BP's all have a little wiggle in the barrel and inner barrel although it doesn't affect anything.

It's a great pen. I really like the 10kt Rolled Gold one. It has bumped some of my fountain pens for daily use.

Take care

Rowdy

• 3 weeks later...

I find some wiggle a little more than others, and the 0.5mm pencils wiggle a bit too.

I was irked a bit a first - it was years ago - but they have all worked perfectly well for so long I don't seem to care too much any more.

Chris

edit for spelling :(

Edited by Chris

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Most Contributions

1. amberleadavis
      amberleadavis
    2. PAKMAN
      PAKMAN
    3. Ghost Plane
      Ghost Plane
    4. inkstainedruth
      inkstainedruth
    5. jar
      jar
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Comments

• Shanghai Knife Dude
      I have the Sailor Naginata and some fancy blade nibs coming after 2022 by a number of new workshop from China.  With all my respect, IMHO, they are all (bleep) in doing chinese characters.  Go use a bush, or at least a bush pen. 
    • A Smug Dill
      It is the reason why I'm so keen on the idea of a personal library — of pens, nibs, inks, paper products, etc. — and spent so much money, as well as time and effort, to “build” it for myself (because I can't simply remember everything, especially as I'm getting older fast) and my wife, so that we can “know”; and, instead of just disposing of what displeased us, or even just not good enough to be “given the time of day” against competition from >500 other pens and >500 other inks for our at
    • adamselene
      Agreed.  And I think it’s good to be aware of this early on and think about at the point of buying rather than rationalizing a purchase..
    • A Smug Dill
      Alas, one cannot know “good” without some idea of “bad” against which to contrast; and, as one of my former bosses (back when I was in my twenties) used to say, “on the scale of good to bad…”, it's a spectrum, not a dichotomy. Whereas subjectively acceptable (or tolerable) and unacceptable may well be a dichotomy to someone, and finding whether the threshold or cusp between them lies takes experiencing many degrees of less-than-ideal, especially if the decision is somehow influenced by factors o
    • adamselene
      I got my first real fountain pen on my 60th birthday and many hundreds of pens later I’ve often thought of what I should’ve known in the beginning. I have many pens, the majority of which have some objectionable feature. If they are too delicate, or can’t be posted, or they are too precious to face losing , still they are users, but only in very limited environments..  I have a big disliking for pens that have the cap jump into the air and fly off. I object to Pens that dry out, or leave blobs o
  • Chatbox

You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
  • Files