The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

1946 French Made Parker VS

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 georges zaslavsky

georges zaslavsky

vintageandmodernpenslover

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,078 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 May 2009 - 14:21

Hi

Here is a little review dedicated to a french made Parker VS

Here are are some photographs of the pen with one of its bigger brother the French made Vacumatic Oversize Maxima three bands. Both pens have made in France engraved on their barrels. The French made Vacumatic Oversize Maxima three bands is exactly of the same size than an American made Vacumatic Oversize Maxima but it has a nib where it is written 18 carats france and it bears no stripes unlike the American Vacumatic model. The French made VS has also a nib where it is written 18 carats france but it is smaller in size and in diameter than it is bigger brother. Vintage french made parkers are a scarcity but quality wise they are some of the very best parkers you will ever buy.

The main advantage of buying a vintage French made Parker is that you get a flexible nib out of the box wink.gif

regards to all

georges

Edited by georges zaslavsky, 10 May 2009 - 14:22.

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

Sponsored Content

#2 goodguy

goodguy

Fountain pens and watches collector

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,534 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 May 2009 - 03:33

Thank you George for writing a review of Parker VS.
I myself wrote a review of such a pen a while back, its a wonderful pen that gets very little respect but for no real reason.
I enjoyed it a lot until I sold it.

Next you should try a Parker VP now thats my favorite Parker after the Vacumatic thumbup.gif
Respect to all

#3 leejunhong

leejunhong

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 10:59

Wonderful pen you have there George! thumbup.gif

European made nibs always seem to come more flexible as compared to American ones! I agree with you that Parker VS are very underrated; they are always in the shadow of the more popular Vacs and the 51. However, the VS is a great pen for daily use, used to have one in action a couple of years ago!

#4 turbodiesel80@

turbodiesel80@

Alan

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 August 2010 - 22:05

I just purchased a 1947 brown Parker VS for $15.50 shipped to Canada.........can't wait till it arrives in the mail, I"m sure its going to need some restoration work done but for that price I couldn't go wrong. What is a reasonable resale price for this pen if I decide to sell/trade it in the future???

Alan

Edited by turbodiesel80@, 03 August 2010 - 22:05.

#5 jniforat

jniforat

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 22:27

pretty sweet pen, imho.

Sponsored Content

|