FPN Quick Navigation
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
What does purple ink say about you?
Posted 20 May 2009 - 21:06
Actually, i've stopped putting my student number in purple on essays, because it was too easy to tell which one was mine. Not so much a big deal in terms of the markers, who can usually recognise my writing anyway, but I'd rather the whole seminar group couldn't tell my grade from the colour ink I filled out the assessment form in. So now I use either blue or black, and then don't recognise my essays because I look for the purple one. That was a roundabout way of saying that I use purple so much that people can tell if a pen's mine if its ink is purple.
And for what it's worth, my current favourite purples are Waterman Violet and Diamine Damson.
| <a href=http://www.flickr.com/photos/27410410@N05/>Flickr</a>
Posted 20 May 2009 - 23:18
Not sure what all it says about me other than I love and use purple inks.
Posted 04 July 2015 - 00:19
Someone of good taste.
Posted 04 July 2015 - 10:57
Probably NOT a lot more than when I use orange or green...........I suspect using brown probably says the "least."
Posted 04 July 2015 - 11:03
What does purple ink say about me? That I have a job where I can get away with it, in this straight laced modern world.
That's why one of the nice perks of being a uni professor. No one blinks an eyebrow when they see a mid-40s hetero male using Bung-Box L'Amant in a fountain pen to write student progress reports.
Here in academia, not being eccentric is considered an eccentricity.
Edited by tinkerteacher, 04 July 2015 - 11:12.
Semper Faciens, Semper Discens