400 Tortoise Brown Limited Edition

Demonstrative Pen Collector

Saw this on Joon Pens: http://www.joonpens.com/display_collection...&brandid=36

"Pelikan reintroduces one of their classic finishes, Tortoise Brown. Available in the popular 400 model size, the Tortoise Brown enjoys the benefits of a smooth flowing and flexible 14Kt gold nib. The built in piston filling system allows it to hold a large volume of ink and is one of the highest quality filling systems on the market today. Fancied by collectors and pen lovers the world over, the 400 Tortoise Brown is destined to become collectible. Available for a limited time only."

I think this really sucks. I was to be honest expecting a different LE pen this year.

Q: Why did Pelikan not release a M600 or M800 Tortoise Brown?

A: Because Pelikan didn't know that such Pelikan models like the M600 or M800 existed!

Sad!!!!

post-2092-1241810211_thumb.jpg

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Artie

• diplomat

• printhardcopy

• ShadowWriter

Wow, finally.

Afraid I have to have this one. By far the best color for the 400 size.

You're right about the 600 and 800. Would love a brown 600.

But, is this for real? I can't find it on pelikans website, and the pen on the picture does not has gold rings at the piston knob and at the top...

Pelikan nut

Wow, finally.

But, is this for real? I can't find it on pelikans website, and the pen on the picture does not has gold rings at the piston knob and at the top...

I am just wondering if they did not secure some NOS or reactivated an old page... :roflmho:

I checked also on other website could not see anything either.

hope it is for real

Wow, finally.

I am just wondering if they did not secure some NOS or reactivated an old page... :roflmho:

I checked also on other website could not see anything either.

hope it is for real

Couldn't find this anywhere on the internet - maybe it's an old posting. Why don't we organise a mass petition to Pelikan for a Brown Tortoiseshell M600?

It'd out-sell every pen on the planet!!

Wow! Best news of the year so far.

And it does not look like others old tortoiseshell: it must be real.

Possibly the lack of gold bands on section and filler knob is because this is a 400 not an M400, as Joon says.

Gotta have it!

<font face="Verdana"><b><font color="#2f4f4f">d</font></b><font color="#4b0082">iplo</font></font><br /><br /><a href='http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?showuser=6228' class='bbc_url' title=''><font face="Trebuchet MS"><br /><font size="4"><b><font color="#8b0000"><font color="#696969">Go</font> <font color="#006400">To</font> <font color="#a0522d">My</font> <font color="#4b0082">FPN</font> Profile!</font></b></font></font><br /></a>

Wow, finally.

See, I'm happy because it means I can hold off for something I like better. This one's got three strikes against it: black, brown, and gold trim.

Glad others will enjoy it, though.

deirdre.net

"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

Possibly the lack of gold bands on section and filler knob is because this is a 400 not an M400, as Joon says.

Gotta have it!

Hmmm....it almost looks just like my old M400 except for the two-toned nib and double band on the clip. Mine only has a single wide band on the clip, and cap with a gold-tone nib. Mine's definately an M400. I still have the tag for it, I bought it in a local shop a few months ago -- NOS for that must have been there for awhile, the price certainly reflected it. :-) Mine says "Germany" on the clip band however.

Edited by eric47

Anyone becomes mannered if you think too much about what other people think. (Kim Gordon)

Gotta have it!

Hmmm....it almost looks just like my old M400 except for the two-toned nib and double band on the clip. Mine only has a single wide band on the clip, and cap with a gold-tone nib. Mine's definately an M400. I still have the tag for it, I bought it in a local shop a few months ago -- NOS for that must have been there for awhile, the price certainly reflected it. :-) Mine says "Germany" on the clip band however.

Yes, of course, the 400 & the pre 97 M400 brown tortoise are quite similar. See this post for a visual comparison of the two (5th pic): https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/in...t&p=1040938

Basically the main differences are: the feed, the cap colour (which is dark brown for the 400) and the engravings.

Ciao,

<font face="Verdana"><b><font color="#2f4f4f">d</font></b><font color="#4b0082">iplo</font></font><br /><br /><a href='http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?showuser=6228' class='bbc_url' title=''><font face="Trebuchet MS"><br /><font size="4"><b><font color="#8b0000"><font color="#696969">Go</font> <font color="#006400">To</font> <font color="#a0522d">My</font> <font color="#4b0082">FPN</font> Profile!</font></b></font></font><br /></a>

Basically the main differences are: the feed, the cap colour (which is dark brown for the 400) and the engravings.

My M400 has a dark brown color too. Don't have a 400, so I don't know about the cap color, but I've seen the different feed on those.

Ciao.

Anyone becomes mannered if you think too much about what other people think. (Kim Gordon)

"the Tortoise Brown enjoys the benefits of a smooth flowing and flexible 14Kt gold nib."

OMG, do they mean true flex??..

"the Tortoise Brown enjoys the benefits of a smooth flowing and flexible 14Kt gold nib."

OMG, do they mean true flex??..

I hope so but I DOUBT it!

Hi,

Got one a couple of years back NOS for quite a bit less than this (although I had been outbid quite a few time before I got mine), I wonder why it doesn't have the standard modern M400 trim, this looks pretty much like my pre 1997 version.

Nice to see it being reissued but what I would really like is an M600 in this colour, maybe an M800, although that will e bit outside my price range (although I could sell some pens I suppose if they made one).

Andy

Hi,

Got one a couple of years back NOS for quite a bit less than this (although I had been outbid quite a few time before I got mine), I wonder why it doesn't have the standard modern M400 trim, this looks pretty much like my pre 1997 version.

Nice to see it being reissued but what I would really like is an M600 in this colour, maybe an M800, although that will e bit outside my price range

I'm happy with my vintage tortoise 400, but i would be tempted by an 800 in tortoise -- if, and only if, they lose the section trim ring.

It's good to see some models that don't have the double trim rings on the filler nob .... just seems like over kill and a little too decorative for what should be a fairly conservative pen.

If this was an old image, would it have the two tone nib?

Even if the picture isn't right, I can't see why this isn't true - new models seem to leak out like this on different websites (but never Pelikan's own - maybe their IT dept. spends all day partying and listening to Spotify!)

Very good news, anyway. Even if the M400 is the Souveran model it makes least sense to release with this finish, it is a step in the right direction. I hope it has good sales. I also hope it is a special rather than limited edition, like the white/tortoise and is the same price as other models in the range.

John

Hi,

Nice to see it being reissued but what I would really like is an M600 in this colour, maybe an M800, although that will e bit outside my price range

I'm happy with my vintage tortoise 400, but i would be tempted by an 800 in tortoise -- if, and only if, they lose the section trim ring.

I would definitely like to have a 800 in tortoise too. I am sure that will be a hit. :)

Other pens available for sale:

Pelikan : Keep a watchout here, M805 FPs, M400 and M405 FPs,

It's not a real 400 replica. The orginal 400 had only one band around the cap. It look like a standard M400 cap.

I've just heard back from my local shop. It is indeed a brand new LE. It will be available at many retailers in 2 weeks' time.